• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham vs WBA***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agree arguably our strongest line up bar Lo Celso, I think there’s a little fear of using them both until they prove their fitness to Jose. I’d still like Dier and toby to be competing for the same spot but Rodon will be making a big step up so probably more important he gets to work on the shape and get eased in.

I've never seen Rodon play so find it impossible to make a case for him. It'd be great if he could step up. But if the choice is Dier and Toby or one of them and Sanchez, it's Dier and Toby all day long.

No, no, no. That can't be right. What about the time we bottled the league title in 2015-2016. And to have bottled a title, we must have led at some stage...

Good team today. Would love to see GLC in there but he played on Thursday and still needs to build fitness and was probably never going to play if Ndombele was. Other than that, no real complaints. Winks probably unlucky not to even make the bench.

Amazingly we didnt top the league once that season or at all when we finished second to the clams a year later.

Last time we did it was 6 years ago when we started the season with a 0-1 win at wham followed by a 4-0 win against qpr.

I would be interested to know the last time we topped the league this deep into a season though, albeit it is in reality still quite early in the campaign.

Here is our team to take on West Brom today...

Starting XI:

Lloris (C)

Doherty - Alderweireld - Dier - Reguilon

Hojbjerg - Sissoko

Ndombele - Bale - Son

Kane​

Substitutes:
Hart
Aurier
Davies
Rodon
Lo Celso
Lucas
Vinicius​

Ndombele wont be playing right wing.

3 defenders on the bench?! Really.

Agree its excessive and a shame to see bergwijn out of another match day squad even with lamela not fit. I hope it doesnt effect his confidence too much.

Can also tell he’s itching to start rodon who is obviously showing alot more than sanchez, as he keeps getting on the bench ahead of him. But unless there is an injury it could be a long time before he gets his first start unfortunately. Its proving a significant setback that he cant play in the europa league games.

I've never seen Rodon play so find it impossible to make a case for him. It'd be great if he could step up. But if the choice is Dier and Toby or one of them and Sanchez, it's Dier and Toby all day long.
I think Sanchez has been usurped by Rodon already and will surplus to requirements. although I’ve never really rated him l, all three of Sanchez, toby And Dier look worse at LCB. If Tanganga can get back maybe he will be the other option for that side? There is something to be said for a settled partnership too though.

Wonder whether one of hte FBs are carrying a knock - the 3 defenders rather than a second midfielder is a little odd.

Also Doherty rather than Aurier is a surprise given Aurier was rested midweek

We have a chance to move up to the top of the league if we beat West Brom away. But it won't be east as West Brom is our jinx team. We have only won 2 out of the last 10 matches against them, drawing 6 and losing 2. In fact, we are winless in our last 3 away matches at West Brom. We are starting a strong team. But not sure about Bale starting as he seems not fully fit. Too bad Lamela is out injured. He would have been useful in these kind of matches. Let's hope we will turn up with the right mentality, play well and get a convincing win to move up the league table.

I'm pretty sure we won't win. There is no way that Bale Son Kane will suddenly gel together and play well. That just isn't Spurs.

Fully expecting a really boring, scrappy match where we concede more chances than we wish to, but we just might snatch a win anyway.

Back