• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT Tottenham Vs Sunderland Monday 7th 20:00**

He did not do well at all. His positioning was atrocious and he kept keeping Sunderland onside on 3 occasions with poor decision making and not knowing when to play offside. Hell even Kaboul had a go at him half way through the game.

Fair enough I forwarded through parts so I probably missed that. But those things are understandable for me. First time he's probably played with Kaboul. Centre back pairing is all about understanding and a solid relationship. The mistake is unforgivable, but I am generally impressed with Chiriches

At least Kaboul hasn't decided that he's a left winger again! Why does he roam so far when his touch is worse than Naughton's?

I think he was playing right wing for a while there in the second half, and Chiricheș was the centre-forward.

Just got back from the game, a bit to much noise for my liking but pleased with the result, though I think sunderland are the worst team I have seen us play in the league in 20 plus years.

who played the pass?

A candidate for comedy goal of the Premier League era to my way of thinking. Calmly square the ball to an opposition player in about 1600 square yards of open space and invite him to shoot unobstructed into your virtually empty goal. Only Spurs.

Fantastic result.

Fantastic performance.

Let's grab those remaining 15 points on offer and set a new club Premier League record.

It was. I doubt we'll take all 15 points on offer. Away games seem harder these days under TS. AVB had a knack for grinding them out.

+ives
  • Credit TS for the team selection. He's sprung a few odd team sheets and we've tended to do well.
  • Attitude. Great attitude. The player have always looked up for it in TS' teams
  • Movement. Much much better movement today. The biggest plus. It helped us create chances (that we didn't finish well). Sunderland tried to close down, worked really hard to infact, defending quite well first half. But our possession and movement tired them out. They couldn't get possession themselves, and by the end of the game they were done and we nailed them.

-ives

• We continue to look wobbly at the back. Is it the personnel, formation or management? A mixture of all three things.
  • We are still not a settled team. A settled team would have put away a number of chances first half. Players are not used to playing together and don't know where the runners will be etc. Against better teams we lose here. Talent and determination are not enough. We need a structure for players to settle into.

By the way what happened to Soldado and Verts are they injured?

Last edited:
How was it unlucky Sunderland, weve battered them really

They are truly, truly awful. Hands down worst side in the league and deservedly rock bottom of the pile. We still managed to make them look halfway decent at times tonight, though....

Am I the only one who even after those replays didn't think it touched Adès arm?

I was only yards away and I thought he handled it in watching it in real time. Watching the replay, though, it looked as though I was wrong (the one they showed in the ground looked as though it came off his abdomen or thigh). Who'd be a ref?

Last edited:
Rose is thick as pig ****...My GHod my GHod my GHod.

Was that that shove-in-the-back foul, where the player was going away from him, toward the touchline, where the ball would just have gone out for a throw to us? Yes, in that case.

Fair enough I forwarded through parts so I probably missed that. But those things are understandable for me. First time he's probably played with Kaboul. Centre back pairing is all about understanding and a solid relationship. The mistake is unforgivable, but I am generally impressed with Chiriches

No no, it's all good. Other than the bad pass (he shouldn't be taking that throw in) he was really good IMO. I'd have trouble playing an offside trap if Danny Rose was in my back 4...

Wow. Didn't think we had five goals in us!

Sunderland were abysmal. Literally wide open, the equivalent of a slut opening her legs and continuously instructing you to pound away at her. A top team would have got ten goals last night, no exaggeration.

But I was glad to just see us score more than one or two for once. It was a good performance by the midfield and attackers. Kane did decent. Eriksen was class in the second half. Chiriches very ****, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt cos he's just back and I'm feeling generous.

COYS

Wow. Didn't think we had five goals in us!

Sunderland were abysmal. Literally wide open, the equivalent of a slut opening her legs and continuously instructing you to pound away at her. A top team would have got ten goals last night, no exaggeration.

But I was glad to just see us score more than one or two for once. It was a good performance by the midfield and attackers. Kane did decent. Eriksen was class in the second half. Chiriches very ****, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt cos he's just back and I'm feeling generous.

COYS

we shall soon see.....next 3 games for Sunderland are Everton at home, Emirates Marketing Project away and Chelski away

we shall soon see.....next 3 games for Sunderland are Everton at home, Emirates Marketing Project away and Chelski away

They recently managed a 1-2 loss at Anfield, but also lost their last three home games against Hull, Palace and Wham. One criticism against Poyet that gets repeated is that he keeps chopping and changing. Similar to Sherwood, stumble across something that might work, then discard it the very next match.

They recently managed a 1-2 loss at Anfield, but also lost their last three home games against Hull, Palace and Wham. One criticism against Poyet that gets repeated is that he keeps chopping and changing. Similar to Sherwood, stumble across something that might work, then discard it the very next match.

oh i forgot that Liverpool game a couple of weeks ago.....jeez, im surprised Liverpool didnt smash 9 or 10 in against this lot. They are abysmal

Really enjoyed this win, especially the brilliant performance by Eriksen. It was nice to see us coming from 1 goal down to win 5-1. But this was a typical Spurs performance and result. We only seem to get big wins like these when we have nothing to play for ! If we had played and win like this earlier in the season, we could have achieved something.

Great to see Eriksen getting better and better. Without a doubt he was the man-of-the match as he had 2 assists and 1 goal. With 9 goals and 8 assists in all competitions so far, he is now the Spurs player with the most goal and assist total. I think he can still improve on it in the remaining matches.

Credit to Adebayor, Kane and Sigurdsson for scoring the other goals. Sunderland were shyte but it was nice to see us making use of the chances in front of goal. Still not convinced about Kane but he really deserved to get the 4th goal which Adebayor tapped in. Apart from the 2 lucky goals, thought Adebayor looked anonymous throughout the match. Nice to see Sigurdsson getting some goal scoring form again.

Really annoyed yet again about our defending for their goal. Naughton, Lloris and Kaboul have to take their share of the blame for that goal. Wish we can do something about our defence next season.

It was nice to get back to winning ways. But wish we are still in the top 4 race.

Back