• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Stoke

If so, what a ****y thing to do, whether aimed at the player or the previous manager.

Pirate said it better than I did... i.e. we hadnt seen it from Paulinho - but we did yesterday. TS said it in jest.

You clearly have a vendetta against TS - both you and GB.

Pirate said it better than I did... i.e. we hadnt seen it from Paulinho - but we did yesterday. TS said it in jest.

You clearly have a vendetta against TS - both you and GB.

Why is it clearly a vendetta? Can't it be read either way depending on bias?

If so, what a ****y thing to do, whether aimed at the player or the previous manager.

Agreed, after a good day from TS this was a worrying thing for him to say. Either he was clueless that this Brazillian international could pull off a few tricks, or he's digging at Paulinho because his form had dipped, or he's digging at AVB for having him play to a stricter system.

Either way, it's a clueless comment or a vindictive one.

Agreed, after a good day from TS this was a worrying thing for him to say. Either he was clueless that this Brazillian international could pull off a few tricks, or he's digging at Paulinho because his form had dipped, or he's digging at AVB for having him play to a stricter system.

Either way, it's a clueless comment or a vindictive one.

penny for your thoughts on Mourinho's conduct yesterday.....??? its amazing how he can come out with outrageous crap and the media just lap it up.....

Maybe its just an honest comment that he wasnt aware of the tools in Paulie's locker....but yes lets fully berate the man for not coming out with some new age wiffly piffly waffle poffle new age jargon.

penny for your thoughts on Mourinho's conduct yesterday.....??? its amazing how he can come out with outrageous crap and the media just lap it up.....

Maybe its just an honest comment that he wasnt aware of the tools in Paulie's locker....but yes lets fully berate the man for not coming out with some new age wiffly piffly waffle poffle new age jargon.

Mourinho does what he does and the media lap it up, it's allowed him to slide un-noticed this season when Chelsea have been pretty uninspiring, their strikers have had as much problem as ours and their football hasn't been great or consistent.

As for TS, not berating the man, I'm just saying it's a worrying comment. There doesn't need to be a call back to new age waffle jargon here, I'm not comparing him to AVB which I assume is the implication there, I'm saying that to not recognise the qualities of a Brazilian international and come out with that comment makes us look a bit Sunday League. He's manager of one of the top clubs in England and one of the top players in the world...I'd expect him to know what Paulinho can do but even if he doesn't, to at least acknowledge it was a good performance without playing himself down. And if he's trying to draw comparisons with the previous regime, it's just low and there's no need.

Mourinho does what he does and the media lap it up, it's allowed him to slide un-noticed this season when Chelsea have been pretty uninspiring, their strikers have had as much problem as ours and their football hasn't been great or consistent.

As for TS, not berating the man, I'm just saying it's a worrying comment. There doesn't need to be a call back to new age waffle jargon here, I'm not comparing him to AVB which I assume is the implication there, I'm saying that to not recognise the qualities of a Brazilian international and come out with that comment makes us look a bit Sunday League. He's manager of one of the top clubs in England and one of the top players in the world...I'd expect him to know what Paulinho can do but even if he doesn't, to at least acknowledge it was a good performance without playing himself down. And if he's trying to draw comparisons with the previous regime, it's just low and there's no need.

fair point and well made.

I haven't heard or seen the comment from the horses mouth. Context, as a certain well known poster once (or twice!) said is everything. If a coach said that about me after I had played a blinder, personally I would take it as a flattering compliment. Maybe that is how TS intended it to further boost Paulies confidence after he had been struggling earlier this season. Nothing more nothing less.

People really are looking at every comment and trying to use agendas to fit their interpretation. It is sad really.

I haven't heard or seen the comment from the horses mouth. Context, as a certain well known poster once (or twice!) said is everything. If a coach said that about me after I had played a blinder, personally I would take it as a flattering compliment. Maybe that is how TS intended it to further boost Paulies confidence after he had been struggling earlier this season. Nothing more nothing less.

People really are looking at every comment and trying to use agendas to fit their interpretation. It is sad really.

I think 'thats what we want to see more of' or 'that's what we know he's capable of' would have gotten the point of complimenting across well, but the choice of 'I didn't know he had that in him' suggests he genuinely didn't know.

In my case it's not an agenda, it's just not what I want to see from the Head Coach of our club when talking about a player that could well be a World Cup winner in 7 months time.

I think 'thats what we want to see more of' or 'that's what we know he's capable of' would have gotten the point of complimenting across well, but the choice of 'I didn't know he had that in him' suggests he genuinely didn't know.

In my case it's not an agenda, it's just not what I want to see from the Head Coach of our club when talking about a player that could well be a World Cup winner in 7 months time.

Nit picking in my view. Wasn 't TS on the transfer committee? If so he would have known that he was a Brazilian international that we broke our transfer record to acquire. To suggest he didn't know about his talent is therefore nonsense.

We all agree TS is not the most erudite person in the world. Cloughie, SAF, Harry, Robson, were all capable of occasionally mangling sentences and/or the occasional gaffe. Didn't detract from their management capabilities.

Last edited:

99% of Spurs fans were pleasantly surprised by what Paulinho did yesterday......Im glad Sherwood was impressed too

99% of Spurs fans were pleasantly surprised by what Paulinho did yesterday......Im glad Sherwood was impressed too

99% of Spurs fans aren't the Spurs Head Coach. I have nothing against Sherwood, I'm intrigued to see where he takes us, and am not as worried by his lack of experience as others at all...but I did not like that comment.

Nit picking in my view. Wasn 't TS on the transfer committee? If so he would have known that he was a Brazilian international that we broke our transfer record to acquire. To suggest he didn't know about his talent is therefore nonsense.

We all agree TS is not the most erudite person in the world. Cloughie, SAF, Harry, Robson, were all capable of occasionally mangling sentences and/or the occasional gaffe. Didn't detract from their management capabilities.

Well, he also didn't know what Capoue could do apparently. It seems being on the transfer committee hasn't required him to get much in-depth knowledge of the new signings.

Well, he also didn't know what Capoue could do apparently. It seems being on the transfer committee hasn't required him to get much in-depth knowledge of the new signings.

Seems strange if he didn't at least watch some of our games.

Seems strange if he didn't at least watch some of our games.

And if he HAD watched some of our games he would have been as surprised as 99 % of us were that his performance was like chalk and cheese. Who says a Brazilian needs six months to settle. He just needed some freedom.

You said it with the word "apparently". Nit picking again.

According to TS.

And you claim not to have an agenda against TS. :ross:

Mate, just take a step back and listen to yourself. Even Steff has said you are not being fair. Give the guy a chance and stop jumping down his throat at every opportunity. He may or may not be the answer. But one thing is true, it is too early to judge him.

For example, regarding context. What if he had said something like " wow that Paulie, what a player. Absolutely fantastic. I didn't know he had that in him. He is truly world Class. We are lucky to have him etc etc". The context changes everything. The phrase " I didn't know he had it in him " is not, in and of itself, necessarily a stick to beat him with.

Lets all take a breath and see how it goes shall we - and not view everything he says or does through the warped prism of ones feelings towards a previous manager - whether positive or negative.

Tottenham are considering making a complaint to the Football Association about Stoke midfielder Charlie Adam, whose tackle on Paulinho on Sunday is expected to keep the midfielder out for four weeks with an ankle injury.

Tottenham face a tough month, with games ahead against Manchester United, Arsenal in the FA Cup, Crystal Palace, Swansea and Emirates Marketing Project. Adam was booed by Spurs fans when he was introduced as a 50th-minute substitute, having twice been involved in controversial incidents against the White Hart Lane club.

It took Adam just 12 minutes to produce the challenge that meant Paulinho had to be replaced by Etienne Capoue. The 28-year-old was branded a “coward” by Gareth Bale in 2012 when Adam, then at Liverpool, injured the Welshman in a preseason friendly – the second time he had hurt him, having also sidelined the Welsh player for three months after a rash challenge in a 2011 game at White Hart Lane for Blackpool.

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...lie-Adam-following-challenge-on-Paulinho.html

Tottenham are considering making a complaint to the Football Association about Stoke midfielder Charlie Adam, whose tackle on Paulinho on Sunday is expected to keep the midfielder out for four weeks with an ankle injury.

Tottenham face a tough month, with games ahead against Manchester United, Arsenal in the FA Cup, Crystal Palace, Swansea and Emirates Marketing Project. Adam was booed by Spurs fans when he was introduced as a 50th-minute substitute, having twice been involved in controversial incidents against the White Hart Lane club.

It took Adam just 12 minutes to produce the challenge that meant Paulinho had to be replaced by Etienne Capoue. The 28-year-old was branded a “coward” by Gareth Bale in 2012 when Adam, then at Liverpool, injured the Welshman in a preseason friendly – the second time he had hurt him, having also sidelined the Welsh player for three months after a rash challenge in a 2011 game at White Hart Lane for Blackpool.

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...lie-Adam-following-challenge-on-Paulinho.html

whats with this dithering ? just do it levy. 3 times not good enough?

Back