• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Stoke

I just wanna know what you mean by this? It seems we do have a structure and shape, its just not that rigid at the moment and thats understandable due to the length that TS has been in the role for. It does seem a bit helter skelter but I think that will be fine tuned as time goes on.

Uh I believe the correct technical term is 'gung ho' not helter skelter.. That or 'up and at em innit'

F-me! Just seen the highlights - GREAT PERFORMAMCE from TS and the lads!\o/

Baby steps, and it was 'only Stoke' but a 3-gaol home win is a 3-goal home win!
Lovely movement,
Ade and Soldado linking and playing for each other,
Front six attacking and showing great movement,
Dembele shooting AND scoring,
lots of goalscoring appotunities.
What's not to like!!

Well done TS=D>

Bring on Old Trafford?8-[

Time to revise opinion on previous incumbent manager perhaps ? ;)

BcsOoRxIMAAsJcC.jpg

Time to revise opinion on previous incumbent manager perhaps ? ;)

Credit where credit's due; that sounded like a great performance from the lads and TS today;

But it's early days and TS and the team have some much stiffer tests to come; so as the great Winston Wolfe said: "let's not start sucking each other's dingdongs quite yet."

;)

Credit where credit's due; that sounded like a great performance from the lads and TS today;

But it's early days and TS and the team have some much stiffer tests to come; so as the great Winston Wolfe said: "let's not start sucking each other's dingdongs quite yet."

;)

I can certainly agree with that :ross:

;)

Amen to that

Ok I've landed now.. A really fantastic result and performance. Despite a couple of lulls in performance precision about midway through the first half and towards the end we were by and large excellent.

Special mentions to Moussa, Aaron, Pauly and Ade. Lennon was our brightest player all game and some of the stick he received in this thread is bewildering.

PLEASE SHOOT MORE DEMBELE!! I BEG, NAY I DEMAND IT OF YOU... Should be a constant goal threat.

A motivated Ade is a scary prospect, looks intimidatingly strong and fairly selfless in host play. Thought his berating of Lamela was a bit OTT. Paulinho had his best game of the season, makes you wish AVB saw sense and rested the boy.

Charlie Adam is the c untiest of c unts.

TT's interviews still make me cringe.. Can't have it all I guess.

COYS!

He really, really is. I pray he understands that this is the greatest team he'll ever play for and continues in this vein.

Couple of big shout outs to Eriksen who played like Modric when he played on the left and to Fryers who had a really commanding game.

I'm not a fan of fryers but he was great IMO and yeah he took Walters out but if Walters had stayed up he could have had a shot instead of falling incredibly easily

Likewise Eriksen did get involved in a lot of attacking play but also got A few very imprint at interceptions which was great to see. He seems to be growing game by game IMO

Really delighted with this win. It has been a long time since we got a big win at home. But we shouldn't get carried away. Stoke was very poor, rather than us being outstanding. Stoke was easily the worst away team we have played at home for a very long time. They only had 2 shots on goal and didn't even look like attacking the whole match. In fact, we could have taken off Lloris and could have still kept a clean sheet ! Stoke has the worst away record in the league this season and this showed why.

Despite the win, the big disappointing thing was our strikers didn't score from open play again, especially Soldado. Both Adebayor and Soldado wasted atleast 5 open goal scoring chances. Nice to see Soldado scoring all his 5 penalties so far but wish he can score from open play. It is getting a bit embarrassing to see Soldado only scoring from penalty nowadays. Apart from the penalty, Soldado wasted a hattrick of goal scoring chances. Adebayor too wasted an open goal earlier in the first half which could have helped us settled down early.

Very happy with the contribution of our midfield as they scored 2 goals. Shows you playing a defensive midfielder or two can make the midfield compact and stable. Nice to see Dembele and Lennon scoring the well-taken goals. But wish both will score more goals as they rarely score. Paulinho had one of his best matches with his outstanding flicks and trickeries. But he just lacked the finishing touch to score a goal. Thought Lennon was our key player and was disappointed when he was replaced by Lamela. Thought Eriksen should have been the one replaced as he was poor. Badly wanted Lamela to score a goal but too bad he couldn't do it.

Nice to see us keeping a clean sheet after so long. But cannot really judge our defence as they were not at all tested by the Stoke attacks. Lloris was a mere passenger the whole match. But we did have a few anxious moments when the Stoke player went down after being challenged by Dawson. Fortunately the ref ruled in our favour. Apart from that, don't think Stoke troubled our defence at all.

It is sweet to get back into winning mood at home again. But we were largely helped by Stoke being very poor. Just hope we won't get carried away with this win. The real test for Sherwood and the team will come against ManU on Wednesday. Hope we will go into that match with full of confidence and beat them !

Last edited:
didn't like the way ade was treating lamela on the pitch though.
we were ahead; lamela had legitimate chances.

I too felt the same. This is the ugly part of Adebayor, getting too greedy and big-headed at times. He should guide a young player like Lamela not argue with them.

I just wanna know what you mean by this? It seems we do have a structure and shape, its just not that rigid at the moment and thats understandable due to the length that TS has been in the role for. It does seem a bit helter skelter but I think that will be fine tuned as time goes on.

For the first 20 or so minutes (to my eyes) there was a lot of cut, thrust and swagger but when we lost possession we were clumsy getting it back. As the game progressed first-half, we became sharper at winning the ball back higher up the pitch. Early second-half, the same thing was happening, but then we quickly pushed up 5-10 yards and it was again much more focussed. I agree, he might well make it more solid in that sense, but let me just say I hope he was bluffing about not knowing Paulinho had 'that' in him…!

what a great day at the lane yesterday! I thought we were fantastic. Paulinho? wow, that's the guy we saw playing for Brazil this summer! strange comment from tim none the less.

I thougt the difference from wba wasn't only stoke being ****, but us passing the ball a whole lot quicker and generally moving a lot better on the pitch. especially the passing. I thought we looked slow and tedious against wba, but kept zipping it around yesterday. what a performance by dembele! mom for me.

too bad about bobby not getting a open play goal, but it will come! excellent performance by us, and long may it continue!

For the first 20 or so minutes (to my eyes) there was a lot of cut, thrust and swagger but when we lost possession we were clumsy getting it back. As the game progressed first-half, we became sharper at winning the ball back higher up the pitch. Early second-half, the same thing was happening, but then we quickly pushed up 5-10 yards and it was again much more focussed. I agree, he might well make it more solid in that sense, but let me just say I hope he was bluffing about not knowing Paulinho had 'that' in him…!

He possibly said it because we really hadn't seen it (or anything like it) from him at the Lane before!

I dont think he was bluffing, I think it was more of a joke to say how crap he has been over the past few months - a dig at the previous regime perhaps in that we werent playing him to his strengths and not allowing Paulinho to show his true ability. TS is allowing that to happen.

The second half was very controlled especially the last 20 mins where we conserved energy

I dont think he was bluffing, I think it was more of a joke to say how crap he has been over the past few months - a dig at the previous regime perhaps in that we werent playing him to his strengths and not allowing Paulinho to show his true ability. TS is allowing that to happen.

The second half was very controlled especially the last 20 mins where we conserved energy

If so, what a ****y thing to do, whether aimed at the player or the previous manager.

Back