• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Stoke

Even top quality goalkeepers can make errors . Looking at it again I felt Lloris should've been a little more off his goal line, thus avoiding diving into the goal post which clearly put him off making the save . It wasn't a bullet header so I'm sure he will have been disapointed with his own effort .

Later in the half, Bergovic at the other end showed how to do it when he saved Dawson's near post header. Bergovic is also a quality goalkeeper but he made his own mistake for Dempsey to score our opener.

Anyway, most of the blame for us conceding the opener was down to the marking. It's a shame because at one time I thought we were doing well. We're simply not protecting our goalkeeper to well at set pieces and it's been going on for a few months now .

Other than that, I thought it were a clever patient gritty performance by our team and I'm happy to be on course for 72 points.

Something that was quite nice was seeing how the Spurs fans really rattled Charlie Adam. The Sky commentry team mentioned it too.

Supposed to be a hard place to visit :D yooooooouurrr supposed to be at home!!!!

Well done to those of you that went, superb support.

Got at him from the first minute. At HT I said to the bloke next to me he was a ticking timebomb and a red card waiting to happen. Although I will admit I didnt expect it to come within 90 seconds.

The save against West Ham when he denied Taylor, I think, goes down as his best save for me.

Irrespetive of whether we finish 4th or 5th, I think that moment was possibly one, if not the, turning point of the season.

The Dempsey goal v United gained us a point
Bale goal at Norwich a point, but that save kept us in the game and in the end won us 3 points, plus the squad morale at the end of that match seem to go through the roof

Collymore tweeting Pulis is gone at the end of the season.

Someone on the Stoke forum claiming they're talking to Neil Lennon, despite his alledged drinking issues.

And if you want a laugh: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/214135/referee-quote-on-months-back

Reading that thread reminded me of the moment Begovic skewed his kick into touch, and apologised to his teammates for fudging up. So Walters pretends to be injured to try and get us to throw the ball back. tossers.

Reading that thread reminded me of the moment Begovic skewed his kick into touch, and apologised to his teammates for fudging up. So Walters pretends to be injured to try and get us to throw the ball back. tossers.
Is that what happened? I couldn't figure out why Stoke were moaning but now it makes sense.

Even top quality goalkeepers can make errors . Looking at it again I felt Lloris should've been a little more off his goal line, thus avoiding diving into the goal post which clearly put him off making the save . It wasn't a bullet header so I'm sure he will have been disapointed with his own effort .

Later in the half, Bergovic at the other end showed how to do it when he saved Dawson's near post header. Bergovic is also a quality goalkeeper but he made his own mistake for Dempsey to score our opener.

Anyway, most of the blame for us conceding the opener was down to the marking. It's a shame because at one time I thought we were doing well. We're simply not protecting our goalkeeper to well at set pieces and it's been going on for a few months now .

Other than that, I thought it were a clever patient gritty performance by our team and I'm happy to be on course for 72 points.

From how I remembered it the Dawson effort against Begovic was considerably closer to Begovic than the header that Lloris didn't save was to him.

It's too easy to say afterwards that the goalkeeper should have positioned himself differently based just on that situation.

It was flimflam. You could see Begovic apologise for the kick before the camera panned.

I actually thought Begovic was pointing towards Walters as if to indicate that he was kicking the ball out because Walters was injured. But I could easily be mistaken.

Stoke fans and players are fantastic at whinging though, every fudging decision, and they get away with ridiculous things week in week out. Their two so called penalty claims where they went down in the box might be penalties according to the rules, but we did nothing more than they do for the majority of crosses into their box.

From how I remembered it the Dawson effort against Begovic was considerably closer to Begovic than the header that Lloris didn't save was to him.

It's too easy to say afterwards that the goalkeeper should have positioned himself differently based just on that situation.

It did appear that if Lloris was a step forward he may have had a better angle in relation to the post, to push the ball past it. Also looking at was going on in front of him,(diabolical marking) he must have realised that the only thing that was going to happen was a Stoke player connecting with a header. There was no crowd of defenders and attackers to confuse or deceive him.

I don't blame him though. When they scored i really felt it was the worst goal we had conceded this year.

So many forming our 'defensive line' just showed pathetic desire, like a team that had nothing to play for and couldn't be bothered, thinking the next man will deal with it. AND the set piece fragility didn't just start yesterday, it has crept in from GHod knows where. We need to sort it out ASAP.

It did appear that if Lloris was a step forward he may have had a better angle in relation to the post, to push the ball past it. Also looking at was going on in front of him,(diabolical marking) he must have realised that the only thing that was going to happen was a Stoke player connecting with a header. There was no crowd of defenders and attackers to confuse or deceive him.

I don't blame him though. When they scored i really felt it was the worst goal we had conceded this year.

So many forming our 'defensive line' just showed pathetic desire, like a team that had nothing to play for and couldn't be bothered, thinking the next man will deal with it. AND the set piece fragility didn't just start yesterday, it has crept in from GHod knows where. We need to sort it out ASAP.

I think that for him to have a better chance of saving that he needs to be further to the left, not just further forward.

As I said though, saying that his positioning was wrong just based on that one situation knowing in hindsight what happened is too easy. He really shouldn't expect us to give away a completely free header for the first player at the front post. If he's expecting that and positioning himself accordingly he will get his positioning wrong for when we actually manage to defend decently. Being further to the left could easily have left him in trouble had a deeper cross come in. Of course had Stoke scored from a deep cross headed in at the back post there probably would have been someone pointing out that Lloris was too far to his left.

I actually thought Begovic was pointing towards Walters as if to indicate that he was kicking the ball out because Walters was injured. But I could easily be mistaken.

Stoke fans and players are fantastic at whinging though, every fudging decision, and they get away with ridiculous things week in week out. Their two so called penalty claims where they went down in the box might be penalties according to the rules, but we did nothing more than they do for the majority of crosses into their box.

That may be the case - I'd have to see it again to be sure. I remember thinking at the time that Begovic had shinned it though - it seemed to curl out rather than go straight out for the throw.

Just remembering a funny moment when after a corner Ade was bringing the ball out of defence and Hudd was to his right. He passed to Hudd after shouting to him to bomb down the right wing. Needless to say Hudd never made it to the half way line.

Just remembering a funny moment when after a corner Ade was bringing the ball out of defence and Hudd was to his right. He passed to Hudd after shouting to him to bomb down the right wing. Needless to say Hudd never made it to the half way line.

Only goes to show how stupid/inattentive Ade is. The rest of our team don't seem to struggle judging the pace of their own teammates.

Collymore tweeting Pulis is gone at the end of the season.

Someone on the Stoke forum claiming they're talking to Neil Lennon, despite his alledged drinking issues.

And if you want a laugh: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/214135/referee-quote-on-months-back

Love the bloke who's adamant our second goal was offside...I assume he hasn't seen the replays because im stuck as to how he came to that conclusion! It's like their fans in first half were shouting for free kicks when bale slid to block the long ball a couple of times when he wasn't even within 5 yards of the man, hardly an offence!

Horrible club, horrible fans, horrible players, horrible manager, the sooner they go down the better. It's like they completley forgotten the inept performance of Foy last year there who got clear cut decisions wrong. I thought the referee genuinely (no bias) had a good game, was good to see a referee clamp down on the antics those tossers commit every game.

I agree , the Begovic save was easier because Dawson's effort was closer to him .

IMO Lloris should've been just a little further out, a stride maybe two, as the natural reaction in making a save in these situations is to take a step or two backwards before making the dive. I dont think it were the power or accuracy of the header that beat Lloris but that he'd got his starting position a little wrong and was then put off by the goal post coming into his line of vision. His dive should've been just in front of the post rather than into it. I'm pretty sure Lloris himself, will have been thinking that he could've done better.

As I stated in my previous post, in the last few months, I think since Lyon away, we've not been protecting our goalkeeper to well at set-piece situations. Whilst, Dawson had two Stoke defenders in his face for his effort, Nzonzi was allowed to simply stroll in at the near post unchallenged for his.

There's a video at the end of the match report.

[video]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2323339/Stoke-1-Tottenham-2--Premier-League-match-report-Emmanuel-Adebayors-late-winner-keeps-Spurs-Champions-League-dream-alive.html[/video]

Back