• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Stoke

One more thing....we're all going on a European tour :lol: Confirmed. Whether its on a Wednesday night or Thursday is another matter though

Ha ha, I was at that one, south upper, right next to the city lot.

I was beyond it by the end, just had to laugh.

That was the game that had such an effect on me that I tried to not get emotionally attached to football results anymore. The game annoyed me so much i walked home to Walthamstow to get it out of my system and by the time i got home i was still boiling about it. I have managed to detach myself from results after a game but during a game i still get annoyed as hell.

That was the game that had such an effect on me that I tried to not get emotionally attached to football results anymore. The game annoyed me so much i walked home to Walthamstow to get it out of my system and by the time i got home i was still boiling about it. I have managed to detach myself from results after a game but during a game i still get annoyed as hell.

At HT we had actually discussed in detail whether to make the next round beano a one or two nighter...#-o

Didn't you notice the number of hacks and stamps on our players had suddenly dropped off, either? :)

I fudging hate Stoke. A replay showed Lennon fouled by 2 Stoke players within seconds (one of them Adam) and no foul given. There was a foul nearly every time a Spurs player passed a Stoke player, a pull back or a "tap."

When they can't foul they are cut down to size. But they were resilient when playing fairly and that was a hard fought out win.

Just got back from the Britannia - horrible, nervy game to watch but glad we won.

I still can't believe that couple got married at the stadium at half time -

Or at least do it at the other end of the ground -

Having the away end singing "dose she take it up the a**se?" on your wedding day isn't my idea of the height of romanticism.

Just got back from the Britannia - horrible, nervy game to watch but glad we won.

Having the away end singing "dose she take it up the a**se?" on your wedding day isn't my idea of the height of romanticism.

That four minutes added time felt like fourteen, and I think I nearly had a heart attack with that header of theirs in the last minute.
How much stick did Charlie Adam get though? Brilliant, gave it back when he set up the first goal, kept his head down when he trundled off. Absolutely made my day, although I did go a touch mental when Ade scored.

Fair play to you lot, didn't think you would win here. Your ability to get points in the last ten minutes has been very annoying yet admirable and may be what gets you fourth. Can't call it 2bh i'd say we are just about favourites, Wigan I think we will beat but Saudi Sportswashing Machine away I'm just not too sure having said that wouldn't be overly suprised if Sunderland nicked something against you either way it's going to be pretty nervy.

That four minutes added time felt like fourteen, and I think I nearly had a heart attack with that header of theirs in the last minute.
How much stick did Charlie Adam get though? Brilliant, gave it back when he set up the first goal, kept his head down when he trundled off. Absolutely made my day, although I did go a touch mental when Ade scored.

he was getting so much stick - every time he got the ball he was booed. he milked it loads when he set up the goal but we gave him a good old cheerio when he walked off the pitch. Thought the flare let off by the Stoke fans when they scored was a bit much.

i felt for the last four minutes we were just giving the ball away and were asking them to come at us - I was hugely relieved (as was everyone else in the away end...) when that final whistle went.

Please dont :lol:

Infuriate by conceding from a set-pice? CHECK
Show resolve to equalise through hard-graft and never-say-die attitude? CHECK
Dirty tackles on a few of our players? CHECK
Dirty tackles by Charlie Adam? CHECK
Red card fot Charlie Adam\o/
Late goal winner?\o/=D>

Beutiful!! I still think we'll just miss out. As long as we beat Sunderland I think we can say we've had a very good season. COYS!!

Infuriate by conceding from a set-pice? CHECK
Show resolve to equalise through hard-graft and never-say-die attitude? CHECK
Dirty tackles on a few of our players? CHECK
Dirty tackles by Charlie Adam? CHECK
Red card fot Charlie Adam\o/
Late goal winner?\o/=D>

Beutiful!! I still think we'll just miss out. As long as we beat Sunderland I think we can say we've had a very good season. COYS!!

Something that was quite nice was seeing how the Spurs fans really rattled Charlie Adam. The Sky commentry team mentioned it too.

Supposed to be a hard place to visit :D yooooooouurrr supposed to be at home!!!!

Well done to those of you that went, superb support.

Something that was quite nice was seeing how the Spurs fans really rattled Charlie Adam. The Sky commentry team mentioned it too.

Supposed to be a hard place to visit :D yooooooouurrr supposed to be at home!!!!

Well done to those of you that went, superb support.

Adam is fat. How can a pro footballer who trains x amount of hours a day be fat? I really can't understand that.

Spurs Players Combined Goals & Assists updated after the 2-1 away win at Stoke City...

P0268_zps1b21155c.png

Tottenham Hotspur Detailed Player's Statistics 2012-13

Last edited:
Delighted with the way we came back to win and keep our CL hopes alive. But we really enjoy doing it the hard way, don't we. Thought we would win this match comfortably and would even get a big win. Instead, we almost threw away our CL chance. Never thought we would need a late goal to win this match, especially after Stoke went down to 10 men. Most teams would use the numerical advantage to beat the 10-men team easily. But we are traditionally one of those teams who find it difficult to break down the 10-men team. Fortunately for us, we managed to score the winner just when we needed it most.

Big credit to Dempsey and Adebayor for keeping our CL hopes alive by scoring the all-important goals. Dempsey deserves full credit for scoring the well-taken goal and setting up the crucial winner for Adebayor. It was brilliant the way Dempsey reacted instantly to tap the ball into the empty net after the defensive mistake by Stoke defence. Not sure how he did but it was amazing the way he managed to hit the ball into the net from that distance. It was a very crucial moment to score the equaliser after the way we we conceded the goal. And Adebayor came at the right place and time to tap in the winner just when we needed it. Just wish we had killed the match much earlier. It was very tense until Adebayor came up with the goal. Bale was very unlucky not to score atleast 1 goal. He had the chance to score a hattrick but was either saved or unlucky.

I thought our midfield were very poor until the sending off. I am still not impressed with Hudd as he struggled to impose himself in midfield again. Parker was more hard working than Hudd instead. We looked much better when Dembele came on. Hope Dembele will be fit to start against Sunderland. Lennon should have used his speed and trickery more to trouble the Stoke defence. Maybe Lennon is still not fully match fit to do that. Wish we had started Sigurdsson instead as he looked energetic when he came on.

Again disappointed with our defence for not keeping the clean sheet. It was a very poor goal to concede so early in the match. It could have destroyed our CL chance. Really annoyed with the way the Stoke player had all the time in the world to steer the header into goal. Someone should have tracked his run. Thought Lloris could have done better with the header as he managed to touch it into the post. For a top goalie, Lloris rarely makes top quality saves which is disappointing. Conceding so early put too much pressure on us. Was worried when Vertonghen had that heated argument with Dempsey in the first half. For a while there, thought both were going to punch each other. Fortunately, they calmed down and our defending got better after that. Just hope we can keep a clean sheet against Sunderland atleast.

It is great to be still involved in the hunt for top 4 going into the last match of the season. Just wish we are in a more comfortable position. Now we have to rely on Arsenal failing to win one of their remaining 2 matches. It is going to be really tense against Sunderland, regardless of Arsenal's result. Hope we will just concentrate on beating Sunderland and set our record points in the league.

Last edited:
Have we been watching the same Tottenham this season?

Lloris has excellent anticipation and positional sense, which means that he has to make less spectacular saves than other goalkeepers, simply because he's already in the correct place to start with.

Lloris has excellent anticipation and positional sense, which means that he has to make less spectacular saves than other goalkeepers, simply because he's already in the correct place to start with.

Those are all top quality saves though still - Shirley?

All those sprints out of the box, the stops with his foot/elbow/face - they're all very good saves, they're just not fingertip ones (of which I'm sure he's had a few this season anyway).

Back