• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham vs Sheffield United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[
Not as sad as the drip-dri
The way we played ended up with all the attackers other than son getting in each other way
I’d still like to see Lo Celso and winks play CM against teams where we have the ball and against side where we need more guile play sissoko with Ndombele and Lo Celso in the no 10 role flanked by son and Bergwein

Interesting for sure.

I put forth a somewhat "Ossie-esque" line-up for a game in the future, if only to see how certain combos work.

I’d love him to experiment now but I don’t see fans accepting it

I for one would.

I'd love to see him genuinely try to use what he has available to the best potential rather than what he knows. Given that he is here next season unless he leaves, these last 6 games are pre-season, so a great time.

I for one would.

I'd love to see him genuinely try to use what he has available to the best potential rather than what he knows. Given that he is here next season unless he leaves, these last 6 games are pre-season, so a great time.
I’d still like a 3 at the back with Sessegnon and Aurier wing backs
Lo Celso and Winks CM
Then a combo of son, Kane and Stevie I’m attack
I’ve always liked 3 at the back but it’s becoming less popular with teams playing less strikers

Lo Celso and Winks CM
I’ve always liked 3 at the back but it’s becoming less popular with teams playing less strikers

I enjoy these conversations. They are a lot better than others. Hoping others will chip in...

I enjoy these conversations. They are a lot better than others. Hoping others will chip in...
Hopefully
We can’t fix this mess but we can at least debate it
when we played 3 at the back in the last it worked best with Dier, Toby and Jan and two of them are still here and playing ... jan is in body
We also know Aurier can’t defend for toffee but can occasionally offer an attacking threat
Lo Celso and Winks IMO have played well together in the few Games they had
And 3 up top should make it less crowded ...

but it’s all theoretical

i also don’t see Jose dabbling with formations which is a shame

Lo Celso and Winks CM

With the players we have, I would play 3 at the back too. Aurier and Sess as natural wing backs. Dier in the central back position with license to step up.

Hopefully
We can’t fix this mess but we can at least debate it
when we played 3 at the back in the last it worked best with Dier, Toby and Jan and two of them are still here and playing ... jan is in body
We also know Aurier can’t defend for toffee but can occasionally offer an attacking threat
Lo Celso and Winks IMO have played well together in the few Games they had
And 3 up top should make it less crowded ...

but it’s all theoretical

i also don’t see Jose dabbling with formations which is a shame

Indeed.

I posted this in the wake of the game, reposting as I suspect it got lost in the ether. Salt cellar needed perhaps but hey, audere est facere eh?

<<Right now, with what we have, I'd be looking at something like this...

Lloris

Sanchez Dier Davies

Skipp Ndombele

Bergwijn Lo Celso Son

Dele
Kane

Subs: Gazza, Lucas, Aurier, Vertonghen, Toby, Sissoko, Lamela

or if you want, Verts for Davies.

If you're worried about left-side workrate, Lamela instead of Sonny.

I want to know if Ndombele and LoCelso can work together.
I want to know if Dele can still be Dele when in behind Kane and with a playmaker behind him.
I want to know if Skipp can sit in that deep role moping up and quickly feeding Ndombele and LoCelso.

Of course there are holes there. We're not playing with FBs and we're relying on wide covering players, but I'd be interested to see how opposed would shut down all the potential angles of creativity there. If they sit on Bergwijn and Son, that leaves Dele, LoCelso and Ndombele. It is adventurous, but given the fact we do not have FBs and lack balance, why not play to our strengths? Could this side be anyworse defensively than they were today?>>

Indeed.

I posted this in the wake of the game, reposting as I suspect it got lost in the ether. Salt cellar needed perhaps but hey, audere est facere eh?

Lloris

Sanchez Dier Davies

Skipp Ndombele

Bergwijn Lo Celso Son

Dele
Kane

I want to know if Dele can still be Dele when in behind Kane and with a playmaker behind him.
I want to know if Skipp can sit in that deep role moping up and quickly feeding Ndombele and LoCelso.

Of course there are holes there. We're not playing with FBs and we're relying on wide covering players, but I'd be interested to see how opposed would shut down all the potential angles of creativity there. If they sit on Bergwijn and Son, that leaves Dele, LoCelso and Ndombele. It is adventurous, but given the fact we do not have FBs and lack balance, why not play to our strengths? Could this side be anyworse defensively than they were today?>>
Hello Ossie.

Indeed.

Lloris

Sanchez Dier Davies

Skipp Ndombele

Bergwijn Lo Celso Son

Dele
Kane

Who defends against the opposition’s wide forwards (that they inevitably keep VERY wide) in that formation?

I for one would.

No one wants Europa League except Levy and id feel quite excited at the prospect of going hard at the league next season with no European distractions (albeit enviously seeing Champions League games played without us) so I couldn’t care less about the remaining games except for beating Arsenal.....

Indeed.

Lloris

Sanchez Dier Davies

Skipp Ndombele

Bergwijn Lo Celso Son

Dele
Kane

I don’t think you could get away with being that attacking and we both know Jose would never go that crazy:D. There has to be a way to get Lo Celso and NDombele playing together, if we can figure that out it will make all the difference come next season as we will dominate teams on the ball putting them under much more pressure attacking, meaning our defence will look better giving them less chances to make their stupid brain farts....

I don’t think you could get away with being that attacking and we both know Jose would never go that crazy:D. There has to be a way to get Lo Celso and NDombele playing together, if we can figure that out it will make all the difference come next season as we will dominate teams on the ball putting them under much more pressure attacking, meaning our defence will look better giving them less chances to make their stupid brain farts....
The way to get both of them playing is to play 4-3-3 or 3-4-3. But they would both need the freedom to go forward more
I think we will see Ndombele start Monday (didn’t Jose day do in a presser) and I don’t see Lo Celso being dropped so maybe Monday we will see it

A centreback in the running for MOM in a game where his team conceded three goals to passes into the box, by a team that has a third of the possession is an interesting outlook!

The way to get both of them playing is to play 4-3-3 or 3-4-3. But they would both need the freedom to go forward more
I think we will see Ndombele start Monday (didn’t Jose day do in a presser) and I don’t see Lo Celso being dropped so maybe Monday we will see it

I don’t think you can pair them in a 343, not enough defensive discipline, especially as 343 is normally mirrored.

I don’t think there is a formation that does suit Ndombele at the minute, unless the opposition set up with a man on a deckchair eating McDonalds in the centre circle too.

Like you say a proper DM is a priority, then I think that would allow Lo Celso and NDombele to both have the freedom to play....

Easily could have been
I think we got double-seen off with that decision. Ref gave a free kick and therefore obviously saw it but for some reason elected not to give a yellow. VAR failed to review it as a possible red card offence - which clearly it could have been. The SU player knew exactly what he was doing: it’s a shame neither the match officials nor the VAR officials did.

Back