• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Lyon

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
Coming out of retirement for a big game in the Europa League. An OMT GHod, an OMT legend.

Thursday, the blood of Lyon will be on the hands of Tottenham Hotspur as we look to annihilate our opponents at White Hart Lane. Expect a battle, expect a war. We will give them one.

..............................Lloris.........................................
Naughton...Dawson.....Vertonghen.....Assou-Ekotto
Lennon.......Parker............Holtby...........Sigurdsson
.............................Dempsey..................................
.............................Adebayor.................................

2-0.

and we will sing.. "OH WHEN THE SPUUUUUURS..."

Coming out of retirement for a big game in the Europa League. An OMT GHod, an OMT legend.

Thursday, the blood of Lyon will be on the hands of Tottenham Hotspur as we look to annihilate our opponents at White Hart Lane. Expect a battle, expect a war. We will give them one.

..............................Lloris.........................................
Naughton...Dawson.....Vertonghen.....Assou-Ekotto
Lennon.......Parker............Holtby...........Sigurdsson
.............................Dempsey..................................
.............................Adebayor.................................

2-0.

and we will sing.. "OH WHEN THE SPUUUUUURS..."

I hope you're right and he rests Dembele and Bale.

I don't think he will rest Bale. I wouldn't either; we haven't got another game for a week and I think we will need a cushion going in to the away leg.

No point resting our "stars" and stumbling to a draw and having to play them all away from home a few days before going to West Ham

A1752_zpse0ade5d0.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur in Europe 1961-62 to 2012-13

Every European game played by Spurs from the European Cup in 1961-62 to the UEFA Europa League in 2012-13....

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/TottenhamHotspurinEurope1961-62to2010-11.html

Tottenham Hotspur European Goalscorers & Appearances 1961-62 to 2012-13

Tottenham Hotspur's European goalscorers together with a list of games played by Spurs players in Europe

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/TottenhamHotspurEuropeanGoalscorers1961-62to2008-09.html

Last edited:
will be a very strong side i would imagine, what with no game next weekend.

need a good result from the home leg if we want to go through and to do that a strong side will be needed

I don't think he will rest Bale. I wouldn't either; we haven't got another game for a week and I think we will need a cushion going in to the away leg.

No point resting our "stars" and stumbling to a draw and having to play them all away from home a few days before going to West Ham

This. No game at the weekend, Go strong and try and get into a decent position for the 2nd leg. Would rest players for the 2nd leg though. If we havent put ourselves in a strong position then so be it. The West Ham game takes preference over the 2nd leg

...and pray what time will said match be played, oh OMT author?? eh?? call this an OMT? for a European CUP game? are you mad? Sort it out, just sort it out.

If we qualify for the group stage of next season’s Champions League – and I’m not counting my chickens here – the results of our matches with Lyon, and subsequent Europa League ties, could have a significant impact on our CL campaign.

In the CL group stage draw the boundary between teams placed in Pot 2 and those in Pot 3 is usually around 25th to 30th in the UEFA rankings. In 2010-11 Tottenham were ranked 30th and were the highest ranked team in Pot 3 (not that it did us too much harm then).

Based on the current UEFA coefficients, including the points earned so far this season, we would again be ranked 30th. Braga (28th) and PSV (26th) are already out of Europe and could be caught if we can gain additional points from progressing in the EL. Metalist Kharkiv (29th) and Ajax (27th) are still in the EL. Overtaking them in the rankings would depend on going further than them.

A1752_zpse0ade5d0.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur in Europe 1961-62 to 2012-13

Every European game played by Spurs from the European Cup in 1961-62 to the UEFA Europa League in 2012-13....

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/TottenhamHotspurinEurope1961-62to2010-11.html

Tottenham Hotspur European Goalscorers & Appearances 1961-62 to 2012-13

Tottenham Hotspur's European goalscorers together with a list of games played by Spurs players in Europe

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/TottenhamHotspurEuropeanGoalscorers1961-62to2008-09.html

Lyon had a Left Back called L'Homme... doesn't that translate to "The Man"? Wow I bet he was almost as cool as Benny!

If we qualify for the group stage of next season’s Champions League – and I’m not counting my chickens here – the results of our matches with Lyon, and subsequent Europa League ties, could have a significant impact on our CL campaign.

In the CL group stage draw the boundary between teams placed in Pot 2 and those in Pot 3 is usually around 25th to 30th in the UEFA rankings. In 2010-11 Tottenham were ranked 30th and were the highest ranked team in Pot 3 (not that it did us too much harm then).

Based on the current UEFA coefficients, including the points earned so far this season, we would again be ranked 30th. Braga (28th) and PSV (26th) are already out of Europe and could be caught if we can gain additional points from progressing in the EL. Metalist Kharkiv (29th) and Ajax (27th) are still in the EL. Overtaking them in the rankings would depend on going further than them.

Interesting point. Maybe there's some current 1-20 ranked teams that won't qualify through their leagues this year.. that could also bump us up.. touch wood we get there.

Interesting point. Maybe there's some current 1-20 ranked teams that won't qualify through their leagues this year.. that could also bump us up.. touch wood we get there.

If we do finsih in the Top 4 it will more than likely be at the expense of either Chelsea or Arsenal, so that would be one of those 20 gone

If we do finsih in the Top 4 it will more than likely be at the expense of either Chelsea or Arsenal, so that would be one of those 20 gone

Indeed, Liverpool are still ranked above us and Villarreal, no longer in the top division, can't qualify so that's two more.

Be great to win the Europa League of course, but would not it also be great to play Liverpool away with them having played the Thursday before when we hadn't, and not have to play a few days before playing Everton and Chelsea if we get through to the quarter final stage. I think Harry would have engineered a tactical exit at this stage, I think AVB will go for it, which is the Tottenham way, but...

And in a perfect world, we win this and finish in the top 4, but I just can't see it happening. As much as I would love to win a trophy, the league is the most important competition for me anyway.

Properly looking forward to this. It's "only the Europa League", but Lyon are a good side and have been in the CL more often than not. Good opposition, Europe, chance to go on a run, knockout stages...

I agree with Stinkfoot that Bale will start. Will be interesting to see how much, if at all, AVB changes things for this one. Week off between the EL games, could easily see him start our best 11 in the first match at the very least. Try to get a couple of goals and then possibly rest a player or two for the away leg. Could see Friedel get a start just to keep him fresh I suppose, but wouldn't be surprised to see Lloris either. Knockout stages, good opposition, Lloris is our best keeper.

Back