• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham vs Ludogorets ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mourinho said "Full power team", so I think both will start. Just start best team available, try to kill the match as early as possible, and use the 5 subs.

Interesting - would prefer we rotate a bit more. As mentioned before, if you win your home games and pick up a point or two away then you're through.

Relatively short turnaround between this game and West Brom too (noon Sunday kick off)

Interesting - would prefer we rotate a bit more. As mentioned before, if you win your home games and pick up a point or two away then you're through.

Relatively short turnaround between this game and West Brom too (noon Sunday kick off)
As I said the other day. Have you seen our league games between our last 3 EL fixtures. Jose would have ideally wanted 9pts by tonight. He won't chance not getting 6. We've got a bottom 3 team Sunday and then the players are off with their countries. Jose will flog them until 2pm Sunday if he has too.

Of course they do.

key_live_eifqPbvhIRnKEb1T0MSFpipgsCenSDRu

dfSVU37NNjqKryfy5
Do they have working image links ;)

So Aurier, Lamela and Reguilon not travelled - all either ill or have little niggles. Personally I would have left a couple more at home with their feet up

Would presume they're all rested to be top condition at the w/e.

Jose has always said we have a squad and not a team. He doesnt want to project to fringe players that they are just that. Consequently his "full power" comment needs to be read in context.

As I said the other day. Have you seen our league games between our last 3 EL fixtures. Jose would have ideally wanted 9pts by tonight. He won't chance not getting 6. We've got a bottom 3 team Sunday and then the players are off with their countries. Jose will flog them until 2pm Sunday if he has too.

Right and its a delicate balance. Agreed that he would have wanted 9 points by tonight and I'm very well aware of our fixtures in late Nov and December. However we've all seen how tough Burnley and Brighton were in the last couple weeks - West Brom will be similar, except that our players will be a bit more fatigued than the Brighton and Burnley games, both because of the extra games played plus slightly shorter recovery time.

Either approach is a risk. Personally I would have risked today's game by leaving say, another 3 starters for Sunday at home with Aurier Reguilon and Lamela and backing us to win the 3 home games and despite those fixtures. It would still have meant taking a very strong squad today and likely fielding say 8-11 internationals, but you would have 6 of the 10 outfielders starters for Sunday completely fresh.

Right and its a delicate balance. Agreed that he would have wanted 9 points by tonight and I'm very well aware of our fixtures in late Nov and December. However we've all seen how tough Burnley and Brighton were in the last couple weeks - West Brom will be similar, except that our players will be a bit more fatigued than the Brighton and Burnley games, both because of the extra games played plus slightly shorter recovery time.

Either approach is a risk. Personally I would have risked today's game by leaving say, another 3 starters for Sunday at home with Aurier Reguilon and Lamela and backing us to win the 3 home games and despite those fixtures. It would still have meant taking a very strong squad today and likely fielding say 8-11 internationals, but you would have 6 of the 10 outfielders starters for Sunday completely fresh.
I actually agree we should rotate, given the squad we have. However, without a doubt, it didn't work last time. Whether that is because our back ups aren't as good as we think, unfamiliarity, or just an off day, who knows BUT being forced NOT to rotate because we still have to get thru the group when Liverpool,Chelsea,Emirates Marketing Project etc are bookending EL weeks is decidedly worse than going full out for 3pts tonight and having a team that Fulham beat to play on Sunday.

A look at what our international players schedule looks like in the international break might add weight to either side of the argument?

Think Sonny has a whole week off next week.

The Korea derby has been cancelled.

Edit: they were meant to be playing Thurs, Sat, Tues , two at home with an away game to Mexico in the middle ...effing ridiculous

I actually agree we should rotate, given the squad we have. However, without a doubt, it didn't work last time. Whether that is because our back ups aren't as good as we think, unfamiliarity, or just an off day, who knows BUT being forced NOT to rotate because we still have to get thru the group when Liverpool,Chelsea,Emirates Marketing Project etc are bookending EL weeks is decidedly worse than going full out for 3pts tonight and having a team that Fulham beat to play on Sunday.

A look at what our international players schedule looks like in the international break might add weight to either side of the argument?

Understand the arguments but read across from one game to another isnt a clear science - just because a heavily rotated team were crap last Thurs doesnt meant they will be this week and just because WEst Brom lost to Fulham doesnt mean that they'll be equally as awful on Sunday.

One other comforting factor in our tough Nov/Dec run is that those teams will all have CL games midweek too. Arguably it would be worse having, say, Everton, Wolves and a London derby during that run instead

Understand the arguments but read across from one game to another isnt a clear science - just because a heavily rotated team were crap last Thurs doesnt meant they will be this week and just because WEst Brom lost to Fulham doesnt
At least there is some science in using the results of something to predict what might happen. What science are you using? Ah hope for the best science:D

One other comforting factor in our tough Nov/Dec run is that those teams will all have CL games midweek too. Arguably it would be worse having, say, Everton, Wolves and a London derby during that run instead
So comforting that Chelsea Liverpool Emirates Marketing Project have all got themselves into a position in their groups that I'm 'trying' to advocate that WE DO as to give us carte blanche on selection when those games arrive.

Would presume they're all rested to be top condition at the w/e.
I think Aurier and Reguilon are just being rested. According to Moutinho though Lamela has an injury and the club decided to play him until last weekend and then use this week plus the 2 week international break so he could get over that. Seems sensible.

I thought it was just a bit TOO much rotation really..... This time I expect 4 or 5 players will be rotated between the weekend and tonight and then same again (perhaps not all the same 4 or 5) at the weekend.

Back