• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Everton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This one feels hugely significant to me, perhaps the expectation levels weren’t there against Liverpool, yet this game feels so pivotal.

A poor performance and a bad result and surely it leaves Poch and his coaching staff in a desperate position.

An away win could alternatively give Poch and the squad a massive shot in the arm, which we need more than anything, along with the points to prevent slipping further away from top 4.

My birthday today and it’s actually hard to say what I would like from spurs for sure...

Maybe Poch to turn a corner and prove me wrong, or another step closer to getting where I feel we need to be for the club to start moving forwards again.

It’s was very difficult to see Poch signature on a spurs birthday card, whilst I’ve been angry with him for best part of a year...:(

We have not won an away game in the PL in the last 11 with 9 defeats .. I genuinely hope I never see what you consider bad results ..
Does anyone actually realize how much brick we have been for 11 months now?

Read my post, this season.
Context, I'm sure I don't have to explain what context is, but 4 of our away games have been at three of the toughest grounds against top three teams, including the current PL and CL champions no less, and the other one of the biggest Derby games in world football.
What are you expecting four convincing 3-0 wins?

Ndombele, Lo Celso and Sessegnon to start, please, that's all I ask.

Little point in throwing GLC or Sess in on 'because they are new shinny toys'. The must be ready and prepared better than what they wil be replacing. GLC took another knock on the ankle and Sess has not long been back in full training.
Give them time.
Everton is not an easy game for newbees, Ndombele is a no brainer though if fit.

The weekend has started brick with England’s defeat. We now need a really big performance and result at Everton to stop it being a complete disaster. Not confident though.

Our season really needs to start here.

Tour guide told us yesterday that our players are monitored for fitness 24/7 and if players aren't at the required fitness levels set by Poch and his staff they won't be selected

Question then - do our selected players look at prime fitness levels? Our high intensity pressing game has been missing for ages now. Long gone are the days when one could say our team was in tip top condition and ran the opposition ragged.

Little point in throwing GLC or Sess in on 'because they are new shinny toys'. The must be ready and prepared better than what they wil be replacing. GLC took another knock on the ankle and Sess has not long been back in full training.
Give them time.
Everton is not an easy game for newbees, Ndombele is a no brainer though if fit.

Throwing Sess in might be a risk, but at least have him on the bench if he's fit enough to play, I say. Lo Celso showed in his ten minute cameo against Liverpool that he's capable of playing, and he's got a skill set we sorely need when Eriksen isn't playing well. I haven't been following too closely this past week, didn't know he had gotten another knock. :(

Question then - do our selected players look at prime fitness levels? Our high intensity pressing game has been missing for ages now. Long gone are the days when one could say our team was in tip top condition and ran the opposition ragged.
I think we look shot and have done for a while

We stopped playing a high intensity pressing several seasons ago. I think that the change was probably made to try to prevent us running out of steam in the run in.

I'd question whether Kane would be capable of playing that kind of game now.

Ndombele, Lo Celso and Sessegnon to start, please, that's all I ask.
Problem with that is we have a crucial Champions League game in the week don't we? Poch might need to rotate. Perhaps Lamela missing this one would be ok if he was ready for midweek.

Last edited:
Problem with that is we have a crucial Champions League game in the week don't we? Poch might need to rotate. Perhaps Lamela missing this one would be ok if he was ready for midweek.

Massive game. Avoid defeat out there and I think we will squeeze in. Win out there and we are in a great position.

I still have a feeling should there be a loser in this game, that teams Manager is gone on Monday morning

Massive game. Avoid defeat out there and I think we will squeeze in. Win out there and we are in a great position.

Indeed. In fact with the correct set of results in the final matches, we could actually qualify in 2nd with 6pts
Bayern 18
Tottenham 6
RSB 5
Olympiacos 3

Back