• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Emirates Marketing Project

Emirates Marketing Project manager Roberto Mancini accepts decisions will go against his club - because referees can also get tired.

Mancini feels his team have suffered a series of injustices lately, most recently after conceding a costly penalty in Wednesday's Carling Cup semi-final exit at Liverpool.

That incident occurred after striker Mario Balotelli was retrospectively banned for four matches for violent conduct for an offence not punished on field by the referee against Tottenham last weekend.

City have also had to deal without captain Vincent Kompany for four matches this month after a controversial sending-off.

Mancini said: "I think playing a lot of games is also difficult for them [referees].

"The refs sometimes are tired - to play every two or three days is difficult for the players, and for the referee.

"The referee is like me, like the players. They can be tired sometimes."

Mancini, however, does not think his team are the victims of any conspiracy, only bad luck.

He said: "Yes, yes - in December and January, it is only this way."

Defender Micah Richards, who conceded the penalty at Anfield for handball when the ball rebounded off his foot on to his arm, also believes City have had more than their fair share of bad decisions.

The 23-year-old suggests the club's now prominent position, as Barclays Premier League leaders, might be costing them the benefit of any doubt.

Richards said: "I wouldn't say everyone is against us, but when a team comes from nowhere and is doing so well, top of the league, you are going to get decisions against you.

"We don't think everyone is against us. We have coped well getting this far in the season, and you could argue some decisions could have been dealt with better but we can't dwell on them."

City could only manage a 2-2 draw in the second leg of their Carling Cup semi-final at Anfield and went out 3-2 on aggregate.

Richards believes many neutrals are now willing City to fail because of their success and wealth.

He said: "The better you do, you will always have more people following you, more people talking about you.

"Sometimes it will mean people not liking you, but we have to just try to do what we do best, which is winning games.

"We are not always going to get the decisions that we want but we can't keep moaning about it as it won't get us anywhere.

"We will just have to make sure we win games and the referee doesn't have to make a decision - to win it without that.

"It would be nice for referees to give us a little bit more, but we don't want to moan about it too much.

"I wouldn't say there is a conspiracy but no-one likes a team that is doing really well, especially when two or three seasons ago it was a top-eight team and is now leading the pack.

"Not everyone will be happy, but it's down to us to get on with it and not get involved."

City are not in FA Cup action this weekend but travel to Everton in the Premier League on Tuesday.

Richards said: "We just have to move forward and we have a good game with Everton to look forward to next week, so we need to go there and look for three points."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/7458881/Mancini-Tiredness-affects-refs

How does this sit with the City fans after decades of blaming Fergie for the very same thing? I can feel my hatred of everything City increasing day by day.

I think Mancini will do a Keegan over the coming months. Beating us will be like one of those false dawn things, where they really start to believe its in the bag, but they go on a two month run from hell.

SAF and Harry will push his buttons and he will explode, and we will ultimately pip Man U to the title, on the last day of the season, when we need a win, and they need a draw, but they get done in the 89th minute.

City will keep sliding, and end up 5th, with Saudi Sportswashing Machine 3rd, and a resurgent Norwich 4th.

Id Love it...LOVE IT

Would be utterly hilarious if they end up winning nothing given all the money they've spent. After all, they've still only got just the 1 trophy since they won the lottery and 1 CL appearance followed by a swift exit to show for.

Considering they tattoo the entire lineup on their arms when they win trophies, wouldn't them running out of space.

I am still furious about it all...my latest wish is to ask Webb if he would care to run towards me with a football and I will run towards him, extend my arm and forearm smash him in the face very very hard. Just to see if he wanted to make a decision still, or if he'd carry on. Bald clam! and the bin dippers should be on their fudging knees thanking us for taking that tinkle-take footballer out of the game Wed...clamS!

Would be utterly hilarious if they end up winning nothing given all the money they've spent. After all, they've still only got just the 1 trophy since they won the lottery and 1 CL appearance followed by a swift exit to show for.

I've been using the "won the lottery" metaphor for a while now, but I think Mrs. DublinSpur said it best after the game last Sunday. I was feeling (naturally) a bit tinkled off about the whole thing. She told me not to worry about losing to Emirates Marketing Project. The difference between a Spurs fan and a City fan these days is like the difference between being a David Bowie fan and an X-Factor fan. Yeah, City might be the talk of the town at the moment but ultimately there's something very hollow and empty about the whole thing. But those old Bowie albums have got real worth about them.

And you know what, it's true. Emirates Marketing Project are just like the X-Factor. Lots of bright lights and high production values, but bugger all of real value. I would rather finish third and be a Spurs fan than win the league as a City fan. And that's the truth. If Emirates Marketing Project were top of the table five years ago... and did it the way we've climbed to third; incremental improvement and the steady building of a great team without Simon Cowell's (sorry Sheikh Mansour's) involvement then I'd be the first to congratulate them on emerging from the shadow of their red rivals. As it is, their success means almost nothing. It's built on someone else's hard work. They're just a covers band... and not a very interesting one at that.

Back