• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Emirates Marketing Project

I dont mind Dixon. He is a basically magnolia so far as punditry is concerned.

Watching the Palace game though I found myself seriously annoyed with Hansen.

Did anyone else pick up on the way he was talking to Steve Claridge? Totally out of order, time and again. Rude, vicious comments dressed up as humour.

Not that young Chichester, but again trying to look objectively at this, there was no provocation, no bust up or history between him and Parker to justify stamping on his head while he was lying on the ground. Uksb, the guy is clumsy - he cant even put his own training bib on :).

I just cant see how he could do something so stupid when he was only on for such a short time but maybe I am totally naive and the guy is totally nuts .

not nuts just a clam

His agent has come out and said that he maybe forced out of england, so its that old game. Do something wrong because your a violent chav and then to try and divert attention from what you have done come out and make claims that your being forced out of the game. Anyone with a few years in them will have seen this game played out before by lots of different pieces of brick.

His agent has come out and said that he maybe forced out of england, so its that old game. Do something wrong because your a violent chav and then to try and divert attention from what you have done come out and make claims that your being forced out of the game. Anyone with a few years in them will have seen this game played out before by lots of different pieces of brick.

bang on the money...the pair of clams have already been speaking with Milan before this latest brick...as for the poster who asked why he would do it, I'll paint the picture. He was already tinkled off at being a sub, he came on in a brick mood, got an early booking, his brick team of millionaires was being outplayed having blown a 2 goal lead, hero-boy thinks his shot is goal bound only for Parker to come in and throw himself into a block, players collide, hero is upset his 'goal bound shot' was blocked, takes a clamy little 'fudge you' kick into Parker's head and then pretends it was part of falling when ANYONE who has played at ANY level knows you do fall like that...petulance throughout...same as Lesclamt's forearm smash on Kaboul (NOT an elbow, forearm smash)...Emirates Marketing Project are as culpable as anyone. They know how players like this work, they do nothing to teach them the 'line' to walk, they try to let them get away with whatever they can. if anyone is serious about stamping out this brick (pardon the pun) then clubs should start losing point for harboring repeat offending clams like him...I thought I'd have calmed down about it, but I'm still tinkled off!

I dont mind Dixon. He is a basically magnolia so far as punditry is concerned.

Watching the Palace game though I found myself seriously annoyed with Hansen.

Did anyone else pick up on the way he was talking to Steve Claridge? Totally out of order, time and again. Rude, vicious comments dressed up as humour.

I can't bear listening to Hansen and Dixon so I tend to tune it out. So I didn't pick up on Hansen's comments, but can't say I'm surprised.

Three quick questions about the Emirates Marketing Project game on Sunday

I have to admit that I haven't been able to trawll all of the OMT thread for Sunday's game against City, so I thought I'd ask three quick questions here.
I'd appreciate answers/opinions on these please:

In your opinion:
1) Did the game, especially the second half show that we could play an effective attacking game without Adebayor?

2) Did Van Der Vaart perform below the level that is espected of him? If so, was this because of City's tactics to nullify him, or was it because of his fitness issues, etc?

3) I read some comments about King and the last minute penalty proving that he has started to lose his pace and his split-second decison to lung proved this as it was out of character? Is this fair?

I'd welcome all types of comments (both short and long and detailed). Ta

Q.1 We really lacked Ade/a striker of that type throughout the game as we continually lost possesion. Defoe couldnt beat the City defenders in the air and we tried to use Bale instead but that didnt really work either. Just felt when they pressed us high they knew if we hit it long they would get it back quickly.

Q.2 Van der Vaart was ok throughout and tried to get involved and worked hard. I do think he wastes energy closing down defenders or keepers when there is no chance of winning the ball especially when he tries to run deep aswell. In a way he is trying to do too much and ends up getting injured.

Q.3 A few friends have criticised King for that tackle, but in fairness the guy was a beast during that game and even though it was a poor tackle I wouldnt blame him on one instance as I wouldnt judge a striker on missing a single chance. Could have easily happened any one of our defenders.

1) Its hard to say, whilst we had some better possession and certainly turned the screw a bit we did not create a clear cut chance of our own making. I feel Defoe gets to easily marked out of games against the top quality opposition, but he was up on his own and maybe with a Target man next to him he would have got more chances. I certainly felt that against most teams this line up would work, but not against the top teams. So basically I am saying that we was not very effective in attack, but we held some good possesion.

2) VDV was a big let down, he never got in the game, never really did anything with possesion and you could see him getting frustrated as he started taking shots from stupid distances. Since he has come back into the team he has looked leggy and slow, even more than normal.

3)Kings positional sense is still immense and this makes up for his lack of pace. Even with his knee problem he is not slow, But Ledley of old would not have been so rash, Balotelli was going off at an angle, the danger was not acute, I felt he could have just kept shepherding him to the byline. The whole thing was compounded by the fact the ball was allowed to bounce about 3 times. Some suggested Ledley should have fould Aguero or Balotelli outside the box but thats not his nature as a defender. Overall I would say im still confident in Ledley, he is not the same player but he is still class.

Q.3 A few friends have criticised King for that tackle, but in fairness the guy was a beast during that game and even though it was a poor tackle I wouldnt blame him on one instance as I wouldnt judge a striker on missing a single chance. Could have easily happened any one of our defenders.
This. Perhaps the Ledders of 5 years ago might have made that tackle, and that's why he went for it instinctively. Apart from that one mistake, I think he played a huge part in keeping Sergio Aguero, one of the players of the season, quiet for almost the whole game.

At the same time, Kaboul and Parker did a pretty good job on Silva -- arguably one of the best players IN THE WORLD on current form.

Overall, pleased with the performance, gutted by the result.

As a defender your entire game is based upon a few split seconds over the course of the game. No point avoiding that just because it's King. In Kabouls first stay he was often a beast for most of the game but he'd throw it away just with a rash decision/mistake. It is in no way similar to a striker missing a chance if a defender fudges up.

I can't believe he even attempted the tackle, I think his eyes flashed up for another game saving challenge a la Robben that people will youtube for years to come to marvel at the sheer quality of the tackle. Unfortunately he was caught a bit flat and would have been much better advised to simply put a bit of pressure on Balo and hope he misses it as there was no chance of him missing the penalty.

I love King, but there's no point trying to gloss over this one,for all his experience it was a disaster.

As a defender your entire game is based upon a few split seconds over the course of the game. No point avoiding that just because it's King. In Kabouls first stay he was often a beast for most of the game but he'd throw it away just with a rash decision/mistake. It is in no way similar to a striker missing a chance if a defender fudges up.

I can't believe he even attempted the tackle, I think his eyes flashed up for another game saving challenge a la Robben that people will youtube for years to come to marvel at the sheer quality of the tackle. Unfortunately he was caught a bit flat and would have been much better advised to simply put a bit of pressure on Balo and hope he misses it as there was no chance of him missing the penalty.

I love King, but there's no point trying to gloss over this one,for all his experience it was a disaster

This ...

Re the other points

1. Yes we can play without Ade, just like without Modric/VDV/Bale, it's just not as effective to our style of play. JD worked his ass off and was a few inches short of turning in a match winnng performance. I thought it was a game we missed having Sandro.

2. Not a great game for VDV, lots of effort as usual, doesn't pace himself at all, so ends up tired ..

no

no

it was out of character but by no means a reason to think he has nothing to offer the first team

In regards to the King question definitely not. He has major issues as we all know but when he is repressing us on the pitch he is 100% able to do his job still. No doubts for me.

1) Its hard to say, whilst we had some better possession and certainly turned the screw a bit we did not create a clear cut chance of our own making. I feel Defoe gets to easily marked out of games against the top quality opposition, but he was up on his own and maybe with a Target man next to him he would have got more chances. I certainly felt that against most teams this line up would work, but not against the top teams. So basically I am saying that we was not very effective in attack, but we held some good possesion.

2) VDV was a big let down, he never got in the game, never really did anything with possesion and you could see him getting frustrated as he started taking shots from stupid distances. Since he has come back into the team he has looked leggy and slow, even more than normal.

3)Kings positional sense is still immense and this makes up for his lack of pace. Even with his knee problem he is not slow, But Ledley of old would not have been so rash, Balotelli was going off at an angle, the danger was not acute, I felt he could have just kept shepherding him to the byline. The whole thing was compounded by the fact the ball was allowed to bounce about 3 times. Some suggested Ledley should have fould Aguero or Balotelli outside the box but thats not his nature as a defender. Overall I would say im still confident in Ledley, he is not the same player but he is still class.

It seemed to me that Balotelli was getting ready to hit that on the volley.

I think King was too tired at the end of the game and so made the rash challenge. I think he waa probably too desperate to try yo get the ball and so didn't think about it as much as he usually does.

TBH I did think King looked more than a tad less than his usual imperious self for much of the game. However it must be remembered this was his first game back following several weeks outwith a thigh strain. Remember he was doubtful riht up to the last minute, so it's quite likely Redknapp threw him in knowing full well he was taking a risk in the hope that he could once again perform miracles like he has so often in the past.

But to me for this match he definitely looked half a yard slower and that much less in control. More passes than usual went astray, whilst though it's almost unknown for him to lose even one tackle per game, on Sunday I noticed him get out-muscled two or three times. When you think about it this was almost inevitable given the quality of the opposition. Realistically there was no way he was going to be anything like as match sharp and as powerful as top players ten years younger than him with solid knees playing at the very pinnacle of the pyramid week in week out.

Of course because we all have such huge admiration for him we're prepared to cut him plenty of slack, besides which the overall contribution he imparts to the defence in calmness, confidence, organisation and control is prodigious.

Even so it was sad to behold the King coming that much short of his best. I just hope that now he has gotten that one out of the way we can look forward to seeing him regain that extra half-a-yard and the level of timing that comes only with regular weekly appearances.

Last edited:
the only thing that went wrong with the Man C game was a lack of a proper striker threat up front.

midfield and defence held up very well throughout, especially considering that these are the league leaders and we were playing away.

Back