• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham vs Emirates Marketing Project (3/3) ***

Utterly not bovvered by this. :p

Well, a bit peeved that we missed a few chances to make them absolutely crap themselves in terror, as the second trophy in their quadruple evaporated before their eyes...but, in the end, no biggie.

Foyth did well at right back- Sanchez did well all game. Wanyama was very good when he came on - in fact, it gives me hope that we may yet see a brutally effective Wanyama - Sissoko combo against Ajax, with Eriksen, Alli and Lucas up behind Llorente. Then with Son in for the second leg. :)

We carry on, careless and free.

Personally I think playing a back 5 is the way forward against Emirates Marketing Project away from home, as with De Bruyne and D Silva they basically play a front 5:

View attachment 6470

Silva and De Bruyne will always get in behind your midfield, and with a back 4 you’ll always be overloaded.

E.g. For their first 2 goals on Wednesday our full-backs got dragged inside and had to leave Sterling and B Silva respectively in acres of space. To some extent for their third too, with De Bruyne overlapping on the outside this time. And for their fourth Rose didn’t come inside to pick up De Bruyne, and so he was left alone to run at the defence and then play in Aguero.

I think you’re right that you risk getting pinned back with a back 5 - I guess you have to decide whether you want to be open and have chances to counter (like Wednesday) or be tighter with less chances to counter. Having said that, I think 5-3-2 is the best of both worlds - leave 2 up top to counter, and have midfield 3 shuttle side to side to watch the full-backs (who tend not to overlap loads anyway as the wingers are providing their width).

I knew Poch was reading my posts for tactical advice! :D:p

Given the defense/midfield (and Gazza), Poch & co did wonders to be in a position where, but for better finishing, we could have grabbed all the points. Both teams had emotions to contend with - and Blood Soaked Oil had a bigger incentive to rise to the occasion - and apart from The Ugly One (aka Phil Foden), there’s was close to their strongest, plus they had a helpful and friendly ref.

Well, all the pundits had predicted City was going to steamroll us .. fudge them

With the players he had at his disposal Poch did very well and we could honestly feel we should have got something out of that game.

Pep showed again, their is a weakness to his game (I think stubbornness eventually derails most of the better managers), he played way too open again and hoping for your keeper and less than clinical finishing to bail you out when you have that squad at your disposal is just poor on the day.

Well, all the pundits had predicted City was going to steamroll us .. fudge them

With the players he had at his disposal Poch did very well and we could honestly feel we should have got something out of that game.

Pep showed again, their is a weakness to his game (I think stubbornness eventually derails most of the better managers), he played way too open again and hoping for your keeper and less than clinical finishing to bail you out when you have that squad at your disposal is just poor on the day.
It's taking him a very long time to work out that the "fudge it, we've got Messi" tactic doesn't work when you don't have Messi in your team.

Obviously i was gutted to have lost the game but was happy with the way we played, we were without out some of our best players, others were running on empty, we were up against the club who have got talent everywhere ( bought by blood money) and yet we could have easily have come away with at least a point.

Foyth for me was our MOM and is going to be a star for us, Wanyama is starting to look like the player he was before the injurys and Sanchez settled into the game and was looking better. Dier looked like a player who has not played for a while and ( imo) was rushed back because of Sissoko and Winks were out, because of this he really looked off the pace but its unfair ( as some fans around me did) on him to be slagged off. Gazza did well in nets and maybe he will be good enough to replace Lloris going forward.

Now what we have to do is make sure we carry the form of the last few games into the ones ahead and qualify for the CL AGAIN.

Watched match of the day this morning and looking at Son's first and last efforts in the first half he could have squared it both times to Moura for a tap in, didn't notice it when the game was live. Decent performance all things considered, deserved a draw.

Can understand the logic of including Janssen as a sub, especially coming back from a long term injury. He was never ever going to be used.... Parrot would have been a better choice as it would have given him some experience of the atmosphere in senior football.

Disappointing result but not really surprised. Satisfied with the performance and the respectable defeat but we really should have done better. The most annoying thing is, we started with 5 defenders but in a typical Spurs fashion still let a teenager score his first ever league goal ! Will we ever change our bad habit of letting out-of-form players, unknown youngsters, players making debuts and shyte players score against us ? We played well and had enough chances to win this match 4-1 but we wasted them all. Emirates Marketing Project were poor apart from their goal and we wasted a great chance to beat them away for the first time since 2016.

This match also showed our different mentality in the CL and the league. We are so clinical and ruthless in the CL but become wasteful and clumsy in the league, especially against the big teams. Son had 3 goal scoring chances and should have scored 2 of those while Eriksen and Moura should have scored from their chances as well. Really expected Son, Eriksen and Moura to score from their chances but they were too slow to shoot and wasted their chances. Alli was too busy showboating and didn't help our attack much. Llorente didn't have any impact after coming on. Really wanted to see Janssen getting involved in this match but disappointed he was not involved at all despite being on the bench.

Our midfield had a decent match, Was worried to see Wanyama or Sissoko not starting while the error-prone Dier and Foyth starting instead but they both did fairly well. This match shows that both Dier and Foyth can be useful as long as they are not playing in centre defence. Wanyama did well after coming on in the second half. Good to see Wanyama is getting back his form slowly.

Our defence had nothing much to do in the match but still let them score their only goal early in the match. Annoyingly, our defence, especially Sanchez went to sleep for their goal. Good to see Gazzaniga starting in goal instead of Lloris but for some reason he looked nervous for whole match. But credit to Gazzaniga for saving Emirates Marketing Project's only real effort with his feet in the second half.

So, we continue our poor record against the big teams away. Except for beating the poor ManU 3-0 away, we have lost all other 4 away matches against the big teams in the league this season. Since that historic 1-0 win at Emirates Marketing Project in 2010 which secured our first ever CL place, we have played Emirates Marketing Project 10 times away, winning only 1, drawing 1 and losing 8 ! And that lone win was due to the inspiration from Lamela in 2016 ! It is really pointless to expect us to improve our away record against the big teams in the league. Let's hope we will now win all our remaining 4 league matches to finish in the top 3 this season.

Back