• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM vs CHELSKI ***

I'm going for a 2-1 win, and then the media might start giving us some credit

I couldn't give a flying if they don't, all that matters is what Poch , the players and we think....anyone outside that can do one.

It's us that will celebrate any achievements or silverware.....we've all done the hard yards.

And just for once I want us to do the really fudging obvious and keep digging at Costa.

Why we continually fail to do it I don't know, but it's guaranteed to get them down to 10 men.

If you need a reminder of why they're such clams or just something to laugh at: http://www.theshedend.com/topic/30216-spuds-vs-chelsea-pl-wed-0401-2017-ko-2000-gmt/

Only read part of the first page, and had to stop for laughing at this gem :
Must be very difficult being a Spurs fan though, there's barely a likeable player in their whole squad. A real nasty streak about a few of them, and they're hilariously petulant when it doesn't go their way.

Is that serious?

Still cannot believe the crook is still allowed to live and trade in my country.

And it is a horrible club who have given football nothing.

I do wish Poch would stop coming out with guff like this before a game because all it does is motivate the opposition even more.

Neutrals will want Spurs to beat Chelsea, insists Mauricio Pochettino

Mauricio Pochettino, the Tottenham Hostpur manager, believes that neutrals will be hoping his team come out on top when Chelsea visit White Hart Lane on Wednesday.

Premier League leaders Chelsea are six points clear of Liverpool and ten ahead of Tottenham, and the Argentinian thinks that most fans and rival teams will want his team to prevent Antonio Conte's running away with the title. And he insists that a home win will be good for the competition as well as Tottenham's own chances.

“I think it's important for the Premier League and for us to try to win and try to stop them and reduce the gap for us because in the end for us the challenge is to try to be at the top,” he said.

SAF cunningly used to big us up massively in the media before every game we played them but we all know how differently he spoke about us to his players. Sure enough they'd usually then go out and flatten us.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...sea-insists-mauricio-pochettino-a7504836.html
Poch is just stating the obvious when questioned about the game. I'm certain he hasn't gone looking for a microphone. TBH it's hardly on the same level as the "we are gonna stop Tottenham because they are Tottenham" bollox that Hazard and Fabregas were spewing out last season. With Chelsea going for a record number of wins, Liverpool dropping points and the normal dislike between the two clubs I'm sure that it won't be a tame news article that will be firing them up. But after last season we bloody owe these bunch of clams and I hope Poch is revisiting some of the comments from last season with the squad.

Last edited:
I've supported Spurs for far too long to believe that we'll win this one. I mean, it's Chelsea and, somehow, the pressure's still on us despite being the underdogs. There's the expectation and hope of fans all round the country -- in Liverpool and Manchester as well as North London -- for us to beat the twunts. And that's why it's not going to happen.

My money would be on a 1-2 defeat, much like back in November -- a textbook old-school* Spurs match if ever I saw one. We were the better side for most of the match, but lost to a bit of individual brilliance** and then a collective brain-fart. In fact, I can imagine Poch going full Clockwork Orange with our defence showing them a loop of Chelsea's winner.

* Well, mid-00's Jol era anyway. 1990's Spurs would have lost about 4-1 having spent 80 minutes pinned back in our penalty box.

** And how many times has some unheralded player scored the goal of their career against us? Ian Woan, I'm looking at you.

But all that being said, I still hope for another 5-3. And I've given Kane the armband of my fantasy league team. Again.

I'm not the slightest worried :oops:
giphy.gif

Back