• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM vs CHELSKI ***

I usually refrain from making decisions about results but i do think we will get three points on Wednesday, Watford were crap but the team really played as a unit and if we do the same against Chelski we will win.

We are beginning to hit a bit of form. Both Kane and Delli have rediscovered their scoring boots. Really want to win against these Cheatski Scum. And think we will.

Hopefully it's payback time for all the grief and misery they have caused us over the years. What better game to do it in than to stop them getting the most consecutive wins title outright.

COYS. Time to walk the walk. Keep Schtum and Do it for the fans.

I do wish Poch would stop coming out with guff like this before a game because all it does is motivate the opposition even more.

Neutrals will want Spurs to beat Chelsea, insists Mauricio Pochettino

Mauricio Pochettino, the Tottenham Hostpur manager, believes that neutrals will be hoping his team come out on top when Chelsea visit White Hart Lane on Wednesday.

Premier League leaders Chelsea are six points clear of Liverpool and ten ahead of Tottenham, and the Argentinian thinks that most fans and rival teams will want his team to prevent Antonio Conte's running away with the title. And he insists that a home win will be good for the competition as well as Tottenham's own chances.

“I think it's important for the Premier League and for us to try to win and try to stop them and reduce the gap for us because in the end for us the challenge is to try to be at the top,” he said.

SAF cunningly used to big us up massively in the media before every game we played them but we all know how differently he spoke about us to his players. Sure enough they'd usually then go out and flatten us.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...sea-insists-mauricio-pochettino-a7504836.html

I do wish Poch would stop coming out with guff like this before a game because all it does is motivate the opposition even more.

Mauricio Pochettino, the Tottenham Hostpur manager, believes that neutrals will be hoping his team come out on top when Chelsea visit White Hart Lane on Wednesday.

Premier League leaders Chelsea are six points clear of Liverpool and ten ahead of Tottenham, and the Argentinian thinks that most fans and rival teams will want his team to prevent Antonio Conte's running away with the title. And he insists that a home win will be good for the competition as well as Tottenham's own chances.

“I think it's important for the Premier League and for us to try to win and try to stop them and reduce the gap for us because in the end for us the challenge is to try to be at the top,” he said.

SAF cunningly used to big us up massively in the media before every game we played them but we all know how differently he spoke about us to his players. Sure enough they'd usually then go out and flatten us.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...sea-insists-mauricio-pochettino-a7504836.html

Absolutely agree. Why dont we just say nothing ( or like SAF and Mourinho did recently) big up the opposition and let the players on the park do the talking. We seem to have learned nothing in this regard. Poor from Poch. I hope the players don't start mouthing off.

I agree with you.

Absolutely agree. Why dont we just say nothing ( or like SAF and Mourinho did recently) big up the opposition and let the players on the park do the talking. We seem to have learned nothing in this regard. Poor from Poch. I hope the players don't start mouthing off.

I must've missed that

This is another crunch game, of the sort that we really aren't very good at surmounting. Once again, the media will have an eye on us, and there is a narrative at play here - Chelsea arrive seeking to tear away at the top, and only Spurs stand in their way. Chelsea need to win against us to break the all-time Premier League record for successive wins, while we need to win to narrow the gap to them and maintain a gap between us and United. The embers of last season's Battle of Stamford Bridge still linger on both sides, and Poch hasn't forgotten about it, judging by his somewhat ill-advised snap about Leicester being last year's media and public darlings when compared to us.

All in all, it's perfectly set up for us to lose. Perhaps valiantly, perhaps limply, perhaps unjustly, perhaps fairly...but losing another crunch game is definitely on the cards here. We don't do all that well while under the spotlight in this manner.

Not the worst thing in the world - if we get six or so points from this game, West Brom, City and Sunderland, I'll be more than satisfied with the month as a whole. But I don't expect us to do well, is all. I'd be delighted with a win, since it would signify that we're continuing to fight our mental demons instead of just out-maneuvering them - a draw would be the likeliest outcome, and would satisfy no-one but our rivals and competitors for a CL place as a whole. But a loss is considerably likely, and I'll make an effort not to be too disheartened if it comes to pass.

We will win this. Think we'll go 4231, we did well at Stamford Bridge playing a back four.

----------------lloris
--walker-----toby-------vert------rose
--------wanyama-----dembele
---sissoko------eriksen-----alli
--------------kane

I expect us to make a load of chances and struggle to score... then they wap wap wap wap wap in the goals at the first opportunity.

Hopefully all of their players, their coaching staff, their owner, their fans and all associated with them lose their left legs tomorrow lunchtime in a freak lasagne accident

I expect us to make a load of chances and struggle to score... then they wap wap wap wap wap in the goals at the first opportunity.

Hopefully all of their players, their coaching staff, their owner, their fans and all associated with them lose their left legs tomorrow lunchtime in a freak lasagne accident

Yeah, it's got that written all over it. We'll miss and miss and David Luiz scores with a deflection from the halfway line. Can't see us winning, but a draw should be possible. Fully expect us to lose though, sad to say.

Last edited:
We will win this. Think we'll go 4231, we did well at Stamford Bridge playing a back four.

----------------lloris
--walker-----toby-------vert------rose
--------wanyama-----dembele
---sissoko------eriksen-----alli
--------------kane

I would probably go 4-2-3-1 as I think its by far our best formation and what we were successful with last year. Setting aside the Dier vs Wanyama debate (I would go for Dier!), my biggest concern about our line-up is how we deal with Hazard/Willian (or Pedro) - they don't have particularly fixed positions which therefore makes them harder to pick up. Walker and Rose can't take them as they'll likely be taking their wing-backs, so Wanyama and Demeble and our CBs need to communicate consistently so that those two don't get space

At the other end, Luiz is due a rooster-up at some point and, whilst I rate Cahill and he will be battling with Kane, I'm hopeful that Son/Sissoko and dele can get at them.

I'm going for a 2-1 win, and then the media might start giving us some credit

I would probably go 4-2-3-1 as I think its by far our best formation and what we were successful with last year. Setting aside the Dier vs Wanyama debate (I would go for Dier!), my biggest concern about our line-up is how we deal with Hazard/Willian (or Pedro) - they don't have particularly fixed positions which therefore makes them harder to pick up. Walker and Rose can't take them as they'll likely be taking their wing-backs, so Wanyama and Demeble and our CBs need to communicate consistently so that those two don't get space

At the other end, Luiz is due a rooster-up at some point and, whilst I rate Cahill and he will be battling with Kane, I'm hopeful that Son/Sissoko and dele can get at them.

I'm going for a 2-1 win, and then the media might start giving us some credit

I think Eriksen will drop quite deep into central midfield giving us an extra man, so Wanyama/Dembele can track Hazard/Pedro when they need to. I see us replicating the 1st half performance at their place, but with a better result overall.

Yeah, it's got that written all over it. We'll miss and miss and David Luiz scores with a deflection from the halfway line. Can't see us winning, but a draw should be possible. Fully expect us to lose though, sad to say.

Thanks Hee Haw I feel much better after reading that.

Back