• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*OMT* - Tottenham vs. Burnley - FA Cup

No because it would mean he would have to be on the pitch

tbf eriksen can tend to be quite invisible for most of the game and is sometimes saved by popping up with a goal/assist.

paulinho as back up to eriksen and a plan B ? might just work if he can contribute in set pieces.

Just got back from the game - Andros was a beast first half, had their full-back on toast. Looked so much more effective playing direct and beating his man on the outside than cutting inside all the time.

That 4th goal was technically outstanding.

Gorgeous ball from Benji
Rose times his run and point to where he wants it.
Bobby is watching Rose and places it perfectly
Rose knocks it in.

I was there the night Paulinho, Capoue and Chiriches all bagged in the same game !!!

In years to come this night will be remembered fondly !!!

Seriously though I was very impressed with the charactter and fight shown, we played some lovely football in the 2nd half too

Well done those involved

Paulinho was good today. Don't like the story from Stobart of him shirking EL games but I've always defended him when he got far too much stick for performances no worse than anyone else. Good tonight. Lots of good touches, seemed strong.

Townsend was really good. They doubled up on him more second half but I think he's really getting when to pass and when to dribble. It can't be easy but he's getting there.

Rose..:actually quite good on the left wing. As people have said, you'd expect him to struggle given a full back gets a run up into an attacking position, and may be able to fall in unnoticed, but Rose showed some great first touches and the ability to receive the ball and play it out from tight spaces. I think our fourth goal was a result of this kind of work on the touchline. Don't think he should ever have to play there again, but he did well tonight.

Feel so sorry for Soldado, but you see why Andros has a good mentality. He was the player pepping him up with the most authority after that miss. It's that kind of thing that makes a young player IMO.

Kaboul...interesting that two players openly argued with him on the pitch. Was his positioning really that bad? I didn't see it but clearly players know what is expected more than me. Maybe lack of respect after the mutiny? Felt a bit bad for Kaboul but if he did lead a rise up with Capoue then I don't really...and Capoue...interesting one. Had a good hand in 2 goals when he used a bit of acceleration and obviously his own. But he's just less of a forward passer.

If this bust up did happen, I do wonder how it all got resolved. The players seemed happy to celebrate with him for example.

Nice reversal of what they did to us when Bale and Modric put us 2 up a few years ago and they came back to win 4-2

Also seems to have gone unnoticed but we've scored 13 goals in our last 3 home games.... Goals goals goals!

Oh yes, I remember that final day of the season we first finished top 4...hollow and galling, but also 'am I bovvered?'

And yes, all of a sudden we are raining goals at WHL...have we turned into that lot down the road..?8-[

I was there the night Paulinho, Capoue and Chiriches all bagged in the same game !!!

In years to come this night will be remembered fondly !!!

Seriously though I was very impressed with the charactter and fight shown, we played some lovely football in the 2nd half too

Well done those involved

just us when we play a great game with a second string team and it isn't televised and won't get any coverage.

i'm glad for us to experience a game like this - resounding victories against the like of burnley etc. will only lift the confidence in the squad.

It's such a shame Soldado missed his sitter; can you imagine the confidence boost for both him and Townsend he played an excellent ball to him after their initial link-up play

Highlights on bbc website, along with the worst commentary I have ever heard :)

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Really happy that we managed to come back from 2 goals down to win 4-2 and progress to the next round. But really glad that this match was not shown on TV. It would have been too tense to watch this game. I might have stopped watching after we went down 0-2. It is nice to recover from 2 goals down to win. But we should not have gone down 2 goals down to Burnley at home in the first place. Hope Pochettino will strengthen the defence in this transfer window.

Credit to Paulino, Capoue, Chiriches and Rose for the goals. Feels strange that we managed to score 4 goals without Kane, Chadli or Kane amongst the goal scorers. I think Paulinho's goal was the turning point as it came so soon after we went down 0-2. It would have been difficult to come back had we not scored a goal that early. Similiarly, Capoue's goal late in the 1st half probably killed off any chance Burnley had to win this match.

Nice to see Paulinho and Soldado getting 2 assists each. But really disappointing to see Soldado missing another open goal. I think Soldado has now missed more sitters than any of the Spurs players in recent history. Maybe we need to convert Soldado into a midfielder since he is good at creating chances for others like how he set up the goal for Rose.

Really annoyed to see us conceding the 2 goals so early in the match. But with Kaboul in the defence, not really surprised by them. Our defence are so error prone when Kaboul are playing. But felt as if Vorm was badly off position for both the goals. Vorm was too far to the left when both the goals was scored to the right side of the goal. Maybe if he had been in the middle, he would have a better chance to save both the goals.

Hope we have learned a lesson or two from this match. It is nice to progress to the FA Cup Round 4 against Leicester. But we need to be more careful against Leicester if we want to progress further.

[video=youtube;Vt_lFJloD94]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt_lFJloD94[/video]

Looking at Soldado's miss, it looks like he is more unlucky than clumsy. Unfortunately, you can say that about almost all of Soldado's miss for us since he joined.

Feel so sorry for Soldado, but you see why Andros has a good mentality. He was the player pepping him up with the most authority after that miss. It's that kind of thing that makes a young player IMO.

Kaboul...interesting that two players openly argued with him on the pitch. Was his positioning really that bad? I didn't see it but clearly players know what is expected more than me. Maybe lack of respect after the mutiny? Felt a bit bad for Kaboul but if he did lead a rise up with Capoue then I don't really...and Capoue...interesting one. Had a good hand in 2 goals when he used a bit of acceleration and obviously his own. But he's just less of a forward passer.

If this bust up did happen, I do wonder how it all got resolved. The players seemed happy to celebrate with him for example.
He was about 20 meters away from Verthongen, and within 2 meters of Stambouli, almost on the half-way line. In short, yes his position on the first goal was horrendous!

Not sure why the bell-end was doing this to the crowd though, it's not as if he is the best player at the club unfairly getting stick

24B3E5D900000578-2910425-image-m-55_1421270712318.jpg

For the stick he has been given rightly or wrongly (mainly rightly) I think the lad is allowed to give a tiny tiny bit back.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

Has Vlad been booed lately? I know he is not the world's best player, but I don't see why he would be booed. And you'd think there were a few other players on the pitch last night who would get booed before Chiriches.

Not sure why the bell-end was doing this to the crowd though, it's not as if he is the best player at the club unfairly getting stick

Perhaps Vlad misunderstood the songs being sung about him :-k

@MichaelBridge_: Hearing funny new crowd chants at WHL tonight. "Walking on the beaches, Super Vlad Chiriches" my highlight. #thfc #FACup

Back