• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham v Wolves

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can't seriously have thought Spurs were going to sustain a title challenge? I'm as big a Spurs fan as anyone and would love to see them win the league, but that's not a realistic prospect at the moment. Let's just enjoy the process of sustainable growth and development we are seeing as this club puts together all the resources needed to soon become serious title contenders.

I agree with all of your post, but this bit is especially bang on.

With January looking fairly congested, and without knowing whether the injury list is going to shorten any time soon (I'm ruling out our signing anyone who will go straight into the breach), it looks as though we might need to get still more creative. I wonder how Alderweireld might perform in the Dier/Wanyama role as a contingency. He scents danger, he's got good positional sense, good distribution, tackles well generally speaking and has a reasonable turn of pace. Maybe yesterday we could have withdrawn Winks for Rose, shifted Davies to CB and pushed TA into a holding/shielding position. Just a thought... Above all, though, we needed to stop turning over possession so cheaply and often.

Why can't we win the league? There are two exceptional teams who are favorites, both ahead of us, but we're in the mix. A couple of injuries and wayward results and suddenely we're being hyped up again. As Poch said we're outsiders, but we're there.

As for the game. No real criticism, it is truely amazing we have amassed so many points with so many injuries to back 4 and midfield. We've conceeded a lot more goals but were still getting results. Wolves scored 3, the first time they've done that in the PL. Since the start of the season we havn't been good enough defensvely. But playing Skipp, Foyth, Davies at CB, without our first 3 CMs, we've done well.

If I have a small criticism it's the way Poch reads a live game. Look in this thread and posters here could see we didn't end the first half well. After the goal we backed off, and Wolves took up the momentum. But watch Poch's post match confrence and he was happy with the first half, talking about how the turn around happened second half.

I love Pochettino he has many subtle and brilliant abilities, but he didn't read what was happening at the end of the first half. If he had then he and the team could have had a plan for the second half to take back control. Instead the team went back out playing in the same way, and with fatigue, the game was lost. Maybe the plan wouldn't have worked and its easy to say in hindsight, but live in games, he's not the fastest to react and change things. He had a limited hand with subs, but there were options to bolster us, prep the side, and fight to hold out for the win. It's the only area I think Poch has a weakness. And it's hard to say for sure as we don't konw what was said in the dressing room, but I'd love him to show more foresight and react quicker sometimes.

It's not the lack of transfers, it's the bad luck we've had with injuries! You don't sign players in case you have 3 centre midfielders out with lengthy injuries at the same time. If only one of them had been fit, we'd have pretty much no issues, and could have rotated sensibly.
We've been incredibly unlucky. Take winjaldum, keita and Fabinho out of Liverpool for pretty much the entire season so far, and they would not be in the position they're currently in.

Every club in the world has injuries to deal with.

Yes but that's not the point. Very few have have most of their entire midfield long time injured at the same time.

Dembele has had injury problems for his entire spurs career. Has he ever played 38 games in a season?

Wanyama has had injury problems for the last 18 months.

Winks has had at least one long term injury.

When you take that into consideration, it’s not too surprising what has happened.

Dembele has had injury problems for his entire spurs career. Has he ever played 38 games in a season?

When you take that into consideration, it’s not too surprising what has happened.
Not surprising? That's fudging bollox, and you know it. It's only hindsight. I don't know any other team that has had so many long term injuries to so many players in the same position. There was a statistic showing Dembele games, and if I remember correctly, he has played over 30 games every season.
And having had ONE injury hardly suggest a player in prone to injury.

Dembele has been with 7 seasons including this one and has only managed 30 league games or more in two of those seasons.

Winks has had niggling injuries that has prevented him from playing regularly until this season.

Arsenal have had long term injuries to Koscielny and Mkhirtyran.

Liverpool have to play fudging Lovren cos of injuries to numerous CBs

Not surprising? That's fudging bollox, and you know it. It's only hindsight. I don't know any other team that has had so many long term injuries to so many players in the same position. There was a statistic showing Dembele games, and if I remember correctly, he has played over 30 games every season.
And having had ONE injury hardly suggest a player in prone to injury.
It’s not surprising that CM is our weak area because in the summer many said CM was the position we need to strengthen. Regardless of whether Dembele is normally fit or not he is no longer reliable performance wise, as for Wanyama he can’t be relied upon these days either. It’s not just bad luck, it was a position that needed strengthening in the summer yet some were insistent it was all good that we didn’t do any business at all. This was always an area that needed strengthening.....

Dembele has played more than you think. Close to 40 appearances a season in all comps on average. He's done though for us, I would guess.

Wanyama shouldn't be considering his age. That one is a mystery.

Why can't we win the league? There are two exceptional teams who are favorites, both ahead of us, but we're in the mix. A couple of injuries and wayward results and suddenely we're being hyped up again. As Poch said we're outsiders, but we're there.

As for the game. No real criticism, it is truely amazing we have amassed so many points with so many injuries to back 4 and midfield. We've conceeded a lot more goals but were still getting results. Wolves scored 3, the first time they've done that in the PL. Since the start of the season we havn't been good enough defensvely. But playing Skipp, Foyth, Davies at CB, without our first 3 CMs, we've done well.

If I have a small criticism it's the way Poch reads a live game. Look in this thread and posters here could see we didn't end the first half well. After the goal we backed off, and Wolves took up the momentum. But watch Poch's post match confrence and he was happy with the first half, talking about how the turn around happened second half.

I love Pochettino he has many subtle and brilliant abilities, but he didn't read what was happening at the end of the first half. If he had then he and the team could have had a plan for the second half to take back control. Instead the team went back out playing in the same way, and with fatigue, the game was lost. Maybe the plan wouldn't have worked and its easy to say in hindsight, but live in games, he's not the fastest to react and change things. He had a limited hand with subs, but there were options to bolster us, prep the side, and fight to hold out for the win. It's the only area I think Poch has a weakness. And it's hard to say for sure as we don't konw what was said in the dressing room, but I'd love him to show more foresight and react quicker sometimes.

Stick on Tottenham vs. Wolves from the 29th of December 2018. Fast forward to the 70th minute and watch the rest. That's why.

Anyone else think Nuno Herlander Simões Espírito Santo could make a good replacement option for Poch if the worst case scenario happens?

The appendix is known as a potential weak spot for rupture and infection, despite its obselete status in the modern human body.

However despite knowing that a huge majority of our team members currently do have an appendix, we have failed to adequate cover for Eric Diers absence.

Back