• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham v Wolves

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m not going to scroll through that, I’ll take your word for it:D

Regardless I don’t really care whether we should have had a penalty. We have had plenty of decisions go our way, what goes around comes around. You also make your own luck and we were quite simply poor and didn’t deserve anything....

It’s not an excuse for losing, it had no bearing on our performance.

I don’t think it evens out for us, we always seem to be on the wrong end of these whilst Liverpool get a pen every time they get the ball in the box.

Unfortunately i cant see this changing much when we go to NWHL. Yes the atmosphere should be better but youre still going to have those people you mention going. Its a new breed of fans that dont sing or cheer. Too busy snapchatting them or tagging their mates in a post. Youve also got the middle age posh fcuks who think its cool to watch football, but wont cheer.

Yeah...well so called real supporters should turn up...not start thinking we're going to lose this...
Get behind the Team...

We are building a big stadium primarily to monetise the tourists, they spend more in the club shop and on concessions.

If that's the case,all this just wait till we get into our new stadium talk and we will fly will turn out
to be rubbish....and that could be bad news on a new level..
We need Spurs dedicated fans...still as most have pointed out on here the atmosphere will be something else.
Will it???
I hope so for the record..or....were doomed!

It’s not an excuse for losing, it had no bearing on our performance.

I don’t think it evens out for us, we always seem to be on the wrong end of these whilst Liverpool get a pen every time they get the ball in the box.
Well Kane certainly seems to take a fair few penalties considering we always seem to be on the wrong end of decisions - including two at Anfield last season. I don’t get this fixation with Liverpool, Salah made the most of the contact he got the other week but it’s nothing we haven’t seen our players do enough times. People on here choose to remember the decisions that went for Liverpool, I guarantee there have been decisions that have gone against them but they have been so good its never relative. Funny that every team’s fans seems to think everyone is against them and this team or that team always gets the rub when in reality there is nothing really i it....

If that's the case,all this just wait till we get into our new stadium talk and we will fly will turn out
to be rubbish....and that could be bad news on a new level..
We need Spurs dedicated fans...still as most have pointed out on here the atmosphere will be something else.
Will it???
I hope so for the record..or....were doomed!

I don’t think “atmosphere” makes any difference to the players, it certainly shouldn’t, if it does it’s negligible. Name any successful team in Europe, they have a stadium full of tourists every week.

Well Kane certainly seems to take a fair few penalties considering we always seem to be on the wrong end of decisions - including two at Anfield last season. I don’t get this fixation with Liverpool, Salah made the most of the contact he got the other week but it’s nothing we haven’t seen our players do enough times. People on here choose to remember the decisions that went for Liverpool, I guarantee there have been decisions that have gone against them but they have been so good its never relative. Funny that every team’s fans seems to think everyone is against them and this team or that team always gets the rub when in reality there is nothing really i it....

Of course we get some, but not as many as we should.

The fixation with Liverpool now is obvious as we are in a fight for the title with them. I don’t care how many dodgy pens United and Chelsea get this season because they won’t finish anywhere near us anyway.

I get that fans of every team think that, but in our case it’s true.

First off, it removes all the artificially imposed media hype that Spurs somehow were actual contenders for the title. I never bought into that misconception for a second. We have a really fine group of players, but still far from the sort of finished article that Liverpool or City have become.

I think we were contenders by virtue of the fact that we win nearly all our games and should have some pretty important players back from injury shortly.

Of course yesterday is a hammer blow, as realistically we needed six points from wolves and cardiff and for pool to at the very least lose to city.

Yesterday though shouldnt have happened and was entirely avoidable by not coming out in the second half determined to coast through the match. I put that down to a poor attitude rather than tiredness myself, as wolves have also played the same number of games over this period. And over the longer term we have rotated well and made good subs to rest players where we can.

We have got away with this coasting in the past but it was always going to bite us sooner or later, not helped of course by poor play in the final third in the first half, the latest in a long line of questionable goalkeeping by hugo and an inept referee who bottled a simple penalty decision.

Im really not happy with this coasting that we do from time to time and in some ways its good we lost to show the players that they cannot do that and keep getting away with it.

With the right attitude the attacking errors made in the first half and poor play from hugo and the referee becomes irrelevent.

Of course we get some, but not as many as we should.

The fixation with Liverpool now is obvious as we are in a fight for the title with them. I don’t care how many dodgy pens United and Chelsea get this season because they won’t finish anywhere near us anyway.

I get that fans of every team think that, but in our case it’s true.
I’m not talking about fixation with Liverpool right now, it’s existed on this forum for some time - not that I think we are in a title fight with them at all. It’s City and Liverpool, Poch wasn’t lying when he said those two are ahead of the rest.

Way too early to say chelsea won’t finish anywhere near us, they’re only five points off with a game in hand. Let’s hope we can freshen up the squad with a good signing or two in the window because I’m not convinced Wanyama/Dembele are the answer to our problems....

I don’t think “atmosphere” makes any difference to the players, it certainly shouldn’t, if it does it’s negligible. Name any successful team in Europe, they have a stadium full of tourists every week.
Oh it does galeforce because there are many variables...sure ..you can have the best team in the world..but if you have a Team nearly as good the crowd can swing...how threads do we say the crowd ic making refs decisions..
Anyway
CoySpurs...

Oh it does galeforce because there are many variables...sure ..you can have the best team in the world..but if you have a Team nearly as good the crowd can swing...how threads do we say the crowd ic making refs decisions..
Anyway
CoySpurs...

I’ve been saying for a long time we need to perform well enough to counteract refereeing mistakes as they are so common.

Kane showed how easily he can score yesterday, I can only assume it’s laziness that he doesn’t score every time he has the ball.

Everybody was of course down yesterday.
We need though to remember we have been playing out of this world and are victims of our own success to a large extent.
We all know deep down we are batting way above our average with a squad which is vulnerable to injury and general seasons wear and tear.
Pochettino and Co. have worked wonders, my main hope is he stays here and continues to do so.

I want more wonders!

giphy.gif

Need the boys to give one more big heave for the game v Cardiff, 1st Jan. Then we can rest EVERYONE in the cup at Tranmere, 4th Jan and bring them back for the semi final 1st leg v Chelsea, 8th Jan. The next game after that is Utd at Wembley, 13th January.

So long as we rest all the first-teamers v Tranmere, then the players will have a proper rest between the Cardiff, Chelsea and Utd games. Hopefully we'll have a few more back fit as well (Vertonghen, Lamela, Dier, Aurier, maybe even Dembele or Wanyama). And then we can get on the charge again.

Cardiff will be tricky, Colin is savvy and he’ll have them perfectly drilled for us.

I’d rest people against chelsea too, assuming we have enough bodies to.

Back