• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT Tottenham v Watford**

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well we got there in the end but it is becoming increasingly exhausting watching Spurs games! It was a thoroughly deserved win but our crossing and corners were unbelievably poor! Indeed it seemed that the introduction of Trippier late in the game seemed to be just to take corners.

Great to have Son back and he was surprisingly energetic given the number of games he has played in the last 2 months. Both he and Llorente were clearly exhausted after the game though and I wonder if Son will start on Saturday.

Why do we seem to have Graham Scott as the ref for so many of our games? On every occasion I have seen him he has been incompetent and out of his depth. Yet another stonewall penalty not given at Wembley and his answer to the constant Watford timewasting was just to waste even more time talking to players without booking them

I can't agree with Llorente being turd as he has been a top striker in Spain and a World Cup winner but he doesn't really suit our style of play, a mixture of that and his confidence being shot probably explains the misses. He scored 15 goals in an average Swansea side the season before he joined us.

Moura didn't look like scoring after coming on either.

I really really couldn't disagree with you more on this - his introduction sparked us into life. The first half was littered with hands thrown in the air as passes forward went astray from Eriksen to Llorente - Moura came on, picked the ball up and drove at goal from the get go - he created three opportunities in the first five minutes after half time!

He's being targeted by teams at the moment and is being kicked up in the air every game, which is a sign of just how good he is.

I agree. The result tonight was crucial. A pivotal moment for our season.

A few final thoughts:

1. I thought the ball had gone out of play before their goal. Extremely difficult to get an outswinger to land on the six yard box without doing so imo.

2. Shout out to Poch who got the subs right - and at the right time for a change.

3. Lucas running at them made a huge difference.

4. Why do we start games so slowly? Another poor/dreadful first half.

5 Our crossing simply has to improve. Until Rose finally delivered for the Llorent goal, both our full backs and Eriksen were awful. More daisy cutter than anything.

But the key was the result. Hurrah for a magnificent piratical JIT OMT.

On point 5, they said on TV we were the highest scoring PL team for headed goals (inc. cups iirc) with eleven.

After last night it’s now twelve.

So we must be doing something right. I guess it’s just about perception: we’re self-critical because we watch our own games the closest.

I really really couldn't disagree with you more on this - his introduction sparked us into life. The first half was littered with hands thrown in the air as passes forward went astray from Eriksen to Llorente - Moura came on, picked the ball up and drove at goal from the get go - he created three opportunities in the first five minutes after half time!

He's being targeted by teams at the moment and is being kicked up in the air every game, which is a sign of just how good he is.

And should have a penalty.

On point 5, they said on TV we were the highest scoring PL team for headed goals (inc. cups iirc) with eleven.

After last night it’s now twelve.

So we must be doing something right. I guess it’s just about perception: we’re self-critical because we watch our own games the closest.

Ive been complaining about Roses lack of end product for years, 99% of his crosses are a waste of time.

Aurier fared no better, neither did Sissoko at RB, and I dont recall Trippier putting in anything of note (though he is usually a good performer).

Eriksen didnt either, and his corners were generally a waste of time.

I dont share Pirates obsession with crosses at all, but I do agree that ours really could be improved upon a great deal

Well we got there in the end but it is becoming increasingly exhausting watching Spurs games! It was a thoroughly deserved win but our crossing and corners were unbelievably poor! Indeed it seemed that the introduction of Trippier late in the game seemed to be just to take corners.

Great to have Son back and he was surprisingly energetic given the number of games he has played in the last 2 months. Both he and Llorente were clearly exhausted after the game though and I wonder if Son will start on Saturday.

Why do we seem to have Graham Scott as the ref for so many of our games? On every occasion I have seen him he has been incompetent and out of his depth. Yet another stonewall penalty not given at Wembley and his answer to the constant Watford timewasting was just to waste even more time talking to players without booking them

Completely agreed. He was terrible. Calling back advantages, letting blatant fouls go, ignoring time-wasting, non pen award. Utter utter clam of a ref.

I went through every emotion last night from despair to elation it's not good for my health supporting this club at present. Deserved win but we were poor in far too many areas with form and confidence certainly a concern.

Still an important win and it gives us a nice buffer to 4th, but we need to find our groove again soon with some awkward fixtures to navigate next month, but at least we only have 5 fixtures for February.

Do we practise corners in training? Off the top of my head I struggle to remember the last time we scored from one.

88888a9d415a8591cd48eeefdf38c5a3.jpg

miscellaneous-worms-can-tin-opening_a_can_of_worms-opening-jfa2492_low-jpg.5907

Last edited:
Poor game imo, we never seemed to put many good moves together but apart from Moura i do not think anyone played at their best. We deserved to win and most players did well at times but not often enough. However we needed that win and lets hope it gets the ball rolling again after our recent defeats.

Good to see that we are slowly getting to play to Llorente strengths and he looked far happier and some of his control was very good, he was unlucky with that miss that rebounded to him of Foster as the ball hit the hardest point on his knee and it balloned over. Jan looked good bringing the ball out of defense on several occasions.

All in all its the three points that really matters and should carry us forward.

as u get older, nothing much gives me genuine excitement anymore but come from behind, late victories are very unspursy and still something I can't quite believe we achieve as I'm still bearing the scars of being a season ticket holder in the 90's. Son is infectious, he brings an energy to the team unlike any other, thank you Qatar!! Eriksen was poor, i can see why he was rested last week, maybe some fatigue there. After THAT miss, I would have given you 50/1 on llorente getting the match winner, good on him for having the stones to keep at it. So, with all that crisis talk, we're just 2 points behind Emirates Marketing Project. Less than a week is a long time in football!

+10 points on same number of games compared to last year.

Best PL ‘start’.

No stadium, no signings, huge injury list.

Comfortably above three if the traditional top six, yet again.

Astounding achievement.
Please outline that again. Some people need to be reminded constantly what a huge achievement this season has been so far.

And in CL last 16.

Back