• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT Tottenham v Watford**

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pleased for Llorente after yet another couple of sitters missed. Lol at him getting an assist for the ball ricocheting off his foot for Son’s goal. Assists are the most bogus stat in football.

Lloris or Lloris? Getting to the point where it wouldn’t be the worst idea to drop him and give Gazza a run of games. Lloris used to save his worst performances for the big games but he’s doing it more frequently now even against the teams outside the top 6. He either needs to be dropped or we need to buy another keeper to give him some real competition.

Great win and on the next game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine who have been a bogey team for us over the years both home and away. Can see it being another nervy game, perhaps another 2-1.

Without appearing a fickel fan I think Poch has got it right to have rested players in the cup games considering we had top players injured. Mind you, had we lost tonight the critics would be out especially in the media who have been silenced so far. Had we Kane, Deli, and Son available we may have fared better in the cup competitions.
The thing is you can't say how things are going to turn out in football especially at Spurs. I would still say we could have got at least one player in this season to show we do care about improving the Team. So..as it stands the wheels have not come off and hopefully we can still get top 4.
This club to my mind never get much credit by the media. How I would love it if we could upset the apple cart and win the Premier League.
Anyway it could be done but the players would have to rise to a positive state of mind.
Nothing is impossible.at least to improve our game even more ..I don't think we have reached our full potential.
Anyway its great to have come through last night when it looked like failure.
Lets hope this side can fire on all cylinders because we have some great players..
On and upward..Coy Spurs...............................................

Sooo, I woke up to catch the second half

saw we were trailing, again

Poch changed things second half, Loucas and Lamela and we kept them pretty much hemmed in second half but they still had chances

What a way to win, it's exhausting to watch though, imagine what it must be like to play !

Are Bournemouth officially now our second favourite club ? Loved what their fans chanted at the blue scum

He was 400% right to rest players given the big picture. Always was IMO. Tonight was pivotal; were we going to spend weeks looking nervously over our shoulders or closing in on the two above. The latter! COYS!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
yeah I think he was right in the circumstances, the squad was knackered as well so he had to rotate.
OK we want do well in the cup..__I think that Phill Jones is it, has cost us by putting Kane out.

Sooo, I woke up to catch the second half

saw we were trailing, again

Poch changed things second half, Loucas and Lamela and we kept them pretty much hemmed in second half but they still had chances

What a way to win, it's exhausting to watch though, imagine what it must be like to play !

Are Bournemouth officially now our second favourite club ? Loved what their fans chanted at the blue scum

What'd they chant?

Not if the ball is knee height with no time to react.

Sure, he should have scored but to say he could / should have headed it is nonsense.

It’s also nonsense to say he doesn’t have the will to score. Did you see how much it meant to him to score the winner?

Static, I says. If a traffic cone had knees, it might have achieved the same thing.

Last edited:
Llorente, I take it all back, what I said about him.

No I don't, he's basically a gutless lump. Never makes a move to really attack the ball, otherwise he would have just thrown himself at that one he kneed over the bar and bundled it in off his face like I'd have done. Same thing with a lot of chances, they elude him because he's so feckin static all the time. I don't think he's got a striker's instincts.

Great to get the 3 points though.
He scored against Chelski and again today. Usually when he starts he scores. Not sure how much more you can ask for from a striker. Plus his first touch has improved loads since his first game after Kane's injury. He may not be Harry, but he's doing his job.

This was a badly needed win ! After the disappointing defeats in the Carabao Cup and FA Cup, we badly needed to win in the league to lift our morale. It is great we won but we really made hard work if it. We still need to improve our performance as for the second consecutive league match, we had to come from behind to win with a late goal. It would have been unacceptable if we had lost to Watford home and away in the league this season. At least we managed to get revenge for losing to them away earlier in the season.

Credit to Son and Llorente for the goals. It was badly needed goals with us being 1-0 down for most of the match. Frankly, we didn't look like scoring until our first goal. We need to be more clinical as we wasted a few goal scoring chances. Llorente worked hard but looked clumsy apart from the goal even wasting a sitter. Moura didn't look like scoring after coming on either. Maybe we should have brought Lamela earlier as we scored as soon as he came on.

Our midfield had a decent match. Sissoko and Winks worked hard to control the midfield. But they failed to help our attack much. Both Sissoko and Winks still need to improve their finishing.

Our defending were bad for their only goal. Lloris should get the blame for coming out like that and completely missing the ball. But our defenders should have been more alert as well. I think Sanchez should have cleared the ball. Rose deserves credit for making that inch perfect cross for Llorente's goal.

With Liverpool and ManCity dropping points, we are now only 7 points off the top of the league. We can keep on fighting but it seems too late for us to fight for the league title now. Just imagine, if we had beaten Watford away earlier in the season, we would only be 4 points behind Liverpool now. Let's hope we will go on a long winning run to put pressure on our rivals in the league title race.

He was 400% right to rest players given the big picture. Always was IMO. Tonight was pivotal; were we going to spend weeks looking nervously over our shoulders or closing in on the two above. The latter! COYS!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I agree. The result tonight was crucial. A pivotal moment for our season.

A few final thoughts:

1. I thought the ball had gone out of play before their goal. Extremely difficult to get an outswinger to land on the six yard box without doing so imo.

2. Shout out to Poch who got the subs right - and at the right time for a change.

3. Lucas running at them made a huge difference.

4. Why do we start games so slowly? Another poor/dreadful first half.

5 Our crossing simply has to improve. Until Rose finally delivered for the Llorent goal, both our full backs and Eriksen were awful. More daisy cutter than anything.

But the key was the result. Hurrah for a magnificent piratical JIT OMT.

Back