• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: ***TOTTENHAM v sunderland***

there's a twitter page that people seem to get lucky with, i don't use twitter myself but have seen others on here mention it.

on the day there will be loads floating around if you are over there as many people go on the tinkle and can't be bothered attending

I usually use ticket exchange but its not open for this one. Whats the twitter page? Dont know if you can post it on here or not.

I know that Spurs being Spurs will put us through the mill on Sunday. Im sure we will win but whether it will be enough remains to be seen. It will be remarkable if we reach a record 72 points in the Premier League era for us and still miss out on the Top 4. Going to go for a very nervy 2-1 win for us with Bale and Adebayor on the scoresheet.

A2431_zps78ee422a.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur host Sunderland, who were the first club outside the original 12 members to join the Football League, at White Hart Lane in the 38th round of Premier League matches on Sunday 19th May 2013, KO 16:00.

Spurs are currently in 4th place in the table on 69 points, while Sunderland are in 17th place with 39 points. This will be the 114th time the two clubs have met.

The first meeting came at Northumberland Park in March 1898 when Spurs were playing in the Southern League in a friendly which Sunderland won 2-0.

A second meeting followed within the year when Spurs beat Sunderland 2-1 in the old second round (today's fourth round) of the FA Cup in February 1899.

Tottenham's first visit to Sunderland came during a mini tour of the North-East to celebrate the turn of the new Century with Spurs winning the friendly match 3-1 on 2nd January 1900.

The first Football League meetings between the two clubs saw Sunderland win at home 3-1 in September 1909 and Spurs having a comprehensive win in the return fixture at White Hart Lane 5-1.

Tottenham Hotspur's all-time record attendance of 75,038 at White Hart Lane came in an FA Cup 6th round match against Sunderland in March 1938. Sundeland won the game 1-0. This was the only FA Cup match Sunderland have won out of the 7 played so far with Spurs winning five and one game drawn.

The only two League matches ever played outside the Top Flight came during 1977-78 when Spurs won at Roker Park 2-1 but lost the return Division Two match at the Lane 3-2.

The clubs first met in the Football League Cup in November 1984 with Spurs drawing 0-0 away but Sunderland winning the replay at the Lane 2-1.
The three matches in the competition have resulted in a win each and one game drawn.

Since Sunderland joined the Premier League in season 1996-97, no further domestic cup ties have been played between the two clubs.

Spurs have a good record during the Premier League Era with 14 wins to Sunderland's 5 and the remaining 4 games drawn. Spurs have taken an average of 2 points off Sunderland in the 23 matches played so far.

The 2011-12 fixture at White Hart Lane ended in a 1-1 draw with Rafael van der Vaart putting Spurs ahead in the second half only for Sunderland's Asamoah Gyan to equalise three minutes later. The match at Sunderland resulted in a 2-1 win for Spurs with Asamoah Gyan putting the Black Cats ahead after 11 minutes before Michael Dawson's equaliser just before half-time. Niko Kranjcar scored the winner for Spurs in the 57th minute.

Last season's match at White Hart Lane in December resulted in a 1-0 win for Spurs with substitute striker Roman Pavlyuchenko scoring the winner with just over an hour of the match played. The three points won put Spurs in third place in the table for the first time during 2011-12. The match at Sunderland in April 2012 was a goalless draw which produced very few chances for either team.

In August 2012, Tottenham's full-back Danny Rose went to Sunderland for a season's loan and will not be able to play in the match on Sunday. The match at the Stadium of Light in December 2012 was won by Tottenham 2-1. John O'Shea opened the scoring for the Black Cats five minutes before half-time. Carlos Cuellar headed an own goal three minutes into the second half to even the game and Aaron Lennon scored the winner three minutes later for Spurs.

Overall, Spurs have the upper hand over Sunderland with 46 wins to 38 and 29 of the 113 matches played so far drawn.

Ben Alnwick
Darren Bent

Ted Birnie (Spurs player, Sunderland trainer & coach)
Ivor Broadis
Fraizer Campbell

Graham Carr (scout with both clubs)
Jim Chalmers
Pascal Chimbonda
Ernie Coquet

John Curtis
Calum Davenport
Jimmy Delvin
Márton Fülöp
Phil Gray

Jim Hartley
Alan Hutton
Joe Knowles
Steed Malbranque
Fred Mearns
Bobby Mimms
Bill Murray
George Payne
Andy Reid
Danny Rose
Louis Saha
Jimmy Seed
Paul Stewart
Teemu Tainio
Chris Waddle

Jack Whitbourne

I'd have thought Wigan/Villa would have been one (if it ends up going that far), but really it should be Spurs/Sunderland and Arsenal/Saudi Sportswashing Machine, at the end of the day THOSE are the big games, the money games.

Sky always go for the game which are most likely to have the days "winners" first, but also like it when there are two issues to be resolved. If Wigan get something at Arsenal then Wigan-Villa will definitely be one, meaning the other will be Spurs-Sunderland (a) because that's the relegation battle tied up and (b) Spurs would be in te driving seat for fourth.

If Wigan lose at Arsenal then I think Saudi Sportswashing Machine-Arsenal and Spurs-Sunderland are the clear games of the day. So we will definitely be on I think.

WBA-Man U - I think they did te fergie send off pretty well at Old Trafford, and the game itself was a sideshow. I think they will show the after match footage in full and there's nothing stoping them from televising that stuff live, anyone can do that.

I remember sending Birmingham down on the last day 2 years ago.
Did our win at Bolton send them down last season?

I think our 1-4 win at the Reebok left them needing a win on the last day with other results going their way.

Definitely didnt relegate Blackburn, they did that themselves the next week by losing 1-2 at home to Wigan who scored with 2 minutes left. Lets hope for some of the same tomorrow night!

I think our 1-4 win at the Reebok left them needing a win on the last day with other results going their way.

Definitely didnt relegate Blackburn, they did that themselves the next week by losing 1-2 at home to Wigan who scored with 2 minutes left. Lets hope for some of the same tomorrow night!

We sent down Charlton at the Valley a few years ago, remember Berbatov scored that unbelievable solo goal

Don't care how we do it, just want the 3 points on Sunday. everything else can take care of itself. If it is enough to finish 4th then fantastic, if it isn't then well we have come up just short again and a number of factors can be used to explain that but from my own point of view after the upheaval of the summer and losing 3 of our best players, we have generally had a decent season. Just a shame we couldn't go further in the Europa League and FA Cup really.

Don't care how we do it, just want the 3 points on Sunday. everything else can take care of itself. If it is enough to finish 4th then fantastic, if it isn't then well we have come up just short again and a number of factors can be used to explain that but from my own point of view after the upheaval of the summer and losing 3 of our best players, we have generally had a decent season. Just a shame we couldn't go further in the Europa League and FA Cup really.

Agreed with the sentiments til the last bit - in that scenario, the 'just a shame' part for me will be just a shame we didnt focus on the league slightly more and pick up 1 more point!

Back