• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham v Shkendija

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Elite: Kane, Son, Bale, Ndombele (when he wants), Lo Celso, Lloris

PL top 6: Toby, Moura, Dele, Aurier,Sanchez, Lamela

Mid-table: Davies, Winks, Bergwyn, Hart, Dier, Sissoko

TBD: Reguilon, Doherty, Hojbjerg, Sessegnon, Tanganga

Transfers/loans: Rose, Gedson, Clarke, Foyth, CCV

Whilst the groupings make relative sense, when I think of top 6 players I think would anther member of the top 6 want that player from us.
Toby who I love but is looking vulnerable, Moura you can see being attractive as a low maintenance bench option but not a starter and Dele only if you were prepared to set up your team to suit him. Aurier, Sanchez and Lamela I just don’t see it and if they were all to go this window they’d all be taking a step down from a top 6 prem club (in terms of competition for places rather than opening any debates about club stature in other leagues)

No. Reading the game is being in the right place at the right time. Not needing to dive in and using the ball well when you nicked it off someone's toes.

Spatial awareness. Vision. Knowing opposition players and their potential. Speed of thought etc.

I would counter that you should be able to learn these things given even average intelligence. Applying this awareness on the pitch, that requires character. Belief. Pomp etc. And with Sanchez I'm sure 90% of it is in his head, more so than with other players.

Spatial awareness. Vision. Knowing opposition players and their potential. Speed of thought etc.

I would counter that you should be able to learn these things given even average intelligence. Applying this awareness on the pitch, that requires character. Belief. Pomp etc. And with Sanchez I'm sure 90% of it is in his head, more so than with other players.
Tend to agree. Would include Sessegnon in that. Oodles of talent, total lack of belief.

They certainly all benefit from having someone to play off
Agree. Or play to. I’ve always felt they once a player is deemed a bench or reserve option it’s always difficult because you either fear making a mistake or try too hard to impress. If you add in playing in a weaker team with a few changes it’s even harder. I still think in the case of Pav Harry really didn’t rate him but after about the 5th time he came off the bench and scored it forced his hand!

I think that you are misunderstanding what I am saying. It isn't about belief, pomp or character. I am talking about being an intelligent and technically gifted footballer. Sanchez has many strengths but these aren't among them and I don't think that you can learn them.

Agree. Or play to. I’ve always felt they once a player is deemed a bench or reserve option it’s always difficult because you either fear making a mistake or try too hard to impress. If you add in playing in a weaker team with a few changes it’s even harder. I still think in the case of Pav Harry really didn’t rate him but after about the 5th time he came off the bench and scored it forced his hand!

I think that it is even harder under a manager like Mourinho who will always play the same team when fit.

I don't think comparisons to King hold up. King was a gifted footballer and reader of the game, Sanchez isn't.
I don't even think the physical attributes stack up either....his uprightness doesn't help his centre of balance and savvy players use that against him.

I don't even think the physical attributes stack up either....his uprightness doesn't help his centre of balance and savvy players use that against him.

That was really exposed when he was played at RB. He's got a very odd running style on the ball.

I thought our passing was poor in this game, some was due to the awful pitch but a lot was down to bad decisions. I was pleased to see NDombele get 90 mins and he looked more confident. I know many like Lamela but his poor first touch and inability to use his right foot make it difficult to make runs off him as he destroys angles, I know he scored with his right foot but that was probably the only time he used it in the game.

Back