• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham v Shkendija

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seems very much to have gotten the message.

Poor opposition and a fairly slow moving game, nonetheless good to see him playing a full game and looking up for it.

Next couple of months could be very interesting from him.

Good to see him alongside Lo Celso too, that was the partnership we thought we were getting last season. Tuck Hojbjerg behind them and we could look good.

How would you rate our players?

Elite Champions League = Son, Kane

PL Top 6 = Toby, Ndombele, LeCelco, Alli, Moura, Aurier? Sanchez? Doherty, Bergwijn

PL Midtable = Winks, Lamela, Davies

Bale and Reguilon tbc
Elite: Kane, Son, Bale, Ndombele (when he wants), Lo Celso, Lloris

PL top 6: Toby, Moura, Dele, Aurier,Sanchez, Lamela

Mid-table: Davies, Winks, Bergwyn, Hart, Dier, Sissoko

TBD: Reguilon, Doherty, Hojbjerg, Sessegnon, Tanganga

Transfers/loans: Rose, Gedson, Clarke, Foyth, CCV

I think that is impossible to teach. He might gain it from experience though

You're probably right. The frustrating thing is, in physical attributes and base skill he's comparable to one of the best: Ledley King. But he is so different to King. And most of that is in his head imo. Pomp, confidence, awareness, determination. You get the feeling that if Sanchez was hypnotised pre-game into believing he was a world beater, his physical attributes wouldn't let him down!

You're probably right. The frustrating thing is, in physical attributes and base skill he's comparable to one of the best: Ledley King. But he is so different to King. And most of that is in his head imo. Pomp, confidence, awareness, determination. You get the feeling that if Sanchez was hypnotised pre-game into believing he was a world beater, his physical attributes wouldn't let him down!

I don't think comparisons to King hold up. King was a gifted footballer and reader of the game, Sanchez isn't.

Elite: Kane, Son, Bale, Ndombele (when he wants), Lo Celso, Lloris

PL top 6: Toby, Moura, Dele, Aurier,Sanchez, Lamela

Mid-table: Davies, Winks, Bergwyn, Hart, Dier, Sissoko

TBD: Reguilon, Doherty, Hojbjerg, Sessegnon, Tanganga

Transfers/loans: Rose, Gedson, Clarke, Foyth, CCV

I think that Bergwijn is better than Moura but hasn't had the run of games to show it. Moura is a head down footballer, who runs into blind alleys but has a couple of games a season where he is unplayable.

Injury issues aside, I think that most clubs would be happy with him as a squad player
As I said he's fine as a sub or squad player and I do like him I just don't want him starting many or maybe any games [emoji28]

I think that Bergwijn is better than Moura but hasn't had the run of games to show it. Moura is a head down footballer, who runs into blind alleys but has a couple of games a season where he is unplayable.
Never saw Bergwyn before he arrive, rating is what I've seen of him so far.

Agree Moura can be frustrating but (edit) JM seems to rate him.

Sanchez has more in common with Bassong, looks fine in a straight line but just slow to react and turn.

True but he is only 24. Maybe a loan would be good for him. Needs to establish himself.

Still I think he has the raw tools to be a CL center back. Just depends on his head.

And it might raise the mentality question but it must be hard when you get your chances in the weaker teams so you don’t get a run of games or better players to play with. Son Lamela Bergwijn and Alli is not a creative quartet.

And it might raise the meteorology question but it must be hard when you get your chances in the weaker teams so you don’t get a run of games or better players to play with. Son Lamela Bergwijn and Alli is not a creative quartet.

They certainly all benefit from having someone to play off

No, otherwise more players could do it. I think that football intelligence is either learnt at a very early age or you are born with it.

Are belief and confidence in your ability part of 'football intelligence'?

Back