• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham v Reading (friendly)

I think Gedson and White stand out as a level below our usual standard. They are young and might come good.
Hojbjerg also under pressure and leaking passes, our midfield does not look good.

I think Gedson and White stand out as a level below our usual standard. They are young and might come good.
Hojbjerg also under pressure and leaking passes, our midfield does not look good.
Off the ball White looks his age. I hadn’t noticed Gedson good or bad compared to the last game, if anything most of their attacks came down the left (possibly due to Moura snuffing so many out at source?)

Last edited:
My take on the first half:

- Gedson looked a little poor, apart from the great tracking back at the end
- Toby solid, and some good long passing
- Dier with a few dodgy clearances and passes early on, but grew into the half
- Davies solid, and some excellent passing along the floor
- Hojbjerg started really well, then had a couple of dodgy moments, then became a bit conservative
- Similar story for White (though really liked his progressive and confident passing early on)
- Alli, Moura and Son all looking sharp and pressing well
- Bergwijn seems more quiet than those three (and did last season), but efficient with the ball

As others have said, like our sharpness and intensity - both with the ball, and pressing without it

I thought the kid White looked Tidy. Hojberg looks like he is trying to hard to impress and needs to play his natural game. We are pressing. The front 4 look good. Dele especially looks class. Gedson at the end showed some pace. He still isn't a RB for me but maybe he will grow in to it.

White is looking good
I missed the first 15 minutes, but all I saw of White was timid passes 10 yards left or right, or passing it backwards, not really showing for the ball, jogging back when he should be sprinting, timid tackle, one flying tackle in the box, looks like a kid which is fair, because he is still a kid and will be quite awestruck being out there with the first teamers.

I hope our play/midfield looks better in the Prem, Hojbjerg and White look overrun

Hart, Aurier, CCV, Sessegnon, Sissoko and Lamela all on for the second half.

Hart

Aurier, Toby, CCV, Sess

Hojbjerg Sissoko

Lamela Dele Bergwijn

Son

(I think!)

Back