• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham v Olympiacos

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My thoughts

- results matter, 2 wins on the bounce, 6 goals with Kane, Moura, Dele, Son and now Eriksen contributing in some way
- massive improvement on Aurier, also thought Sanchez had a much better game today (a few times he used his pace well, good recovery tackles)
- Amazing to see early subs, amazing to see subs with a plan (Sissoko at end to close game)
- HT adjustments/statements made a difference

The bad side

- Actually think we came out the gates too excited, pressed a bit higher than against West Ham and got caught out .. Jose was screaming to calm down in first half
- Poor game from Son (gets a pass), Rose, Winks and Dier struggled

Another one in the bag, work to do defensively as unit, onward to week-end

gutter boy

giphy.gif

We did get a lucky goal.

would you think that we have been starting games with this brick intensity for over a year and that maybe it’s not a quick fix.

I doubt poch would have even contemplated an early sub for fear of hurting the players feelings...

either way let’s just Marvin Gaye, get it on and get over it.

Did you just ask @Robspurs12 to get it on!? Mourinho really has lifted your mood.

Moura was our best player by a country mile..He was a consistent worry to the opposition and while we were floundering first half Moura was causing the most problems for OLYP InMyHumble opinion off course!
I can't help being even more Humble than the Humble one....
It's a good job Eriksen came on though because otherwise we would have lost!:eek:

For me, Clive, Aurier is looking like the player he was always supposed to be. This is not the previous Aurier that’s had some green shoots, this is the absolute beast of a competitor that also has a sweet touch. I think he’s a Jose style player, he’s intense, maybe doesn’t need an arm round the shoulder, he just needs to be wound up and actually he’ll control himself because it’s his most comfortable state. Otherwise that energy comes out in weird ways like wandering around the centre of the pitch or making foul throws.

Ledley like recovery tackles from Sanchez tonight.

Eriksen looking vaguely like actual Eriksen for the first time in absolutely ages.

And José...fans will love the idea that we subbed on 25 mins (even though I go along with the line that Poch often changed things through shape and those changes affected games just as well) but the players will love it too, because it paid off. It’s always great to see decisive action rewarded. It’s the kind of thing they didn’t get with Poch at the end - so much running that lead to little tangible reward. This is a small example of it, but a decisive action and a tangible result.

I slightly worry / hope we will see more of Lo Celso and Sess soon, but so far so good. The directness is working in the build up now, and I hope we maintain the tactical flexibility. Hilarious to see Jose shouting CALM at the players after starting like nutcases.

Did you just ask @Robspurs12 to get it on!? Mourinho really has lifted your mood.

er you might have noticed, but I’ve felt a bit more chirpy recently. A bit more like my old self.

he has, I suppose yet even I am surprised at how he’s trying very hard to promote a different version of himself atm...(post match interview classy again)

As for me, I’ve always got the horn! @Robspur12 is just the poor unfortunate fudger who I’m blowing it at.

er you might have noticed, but I’ve felt a bit more chirpy recently. A bit more like my old self.

he has, I suppose yet even I am surprised at how he’s trying very hard to promote a different version of himself atm...(post match interview classy again)

As for me, I’ve always got the horn! @Robspur12 is just the poor unfortunate fudger who I’m blowing it at.

I wouldn't get too used to this version of Jose. A leopard never changes its spots that much. And a nice version of Jose, as Roy Keane said, isn't really what we want anyway. I don't care if he's a horrible c**t as long as he's our horrible c**t and wins some trophies.

Dont say blowing!

We do look awful on defensive set pieces! We got 2 warnings today, with a runner to the front post where they nearly scored, and still we didn't learn, and third time we conceded. And it looked messy every time we defended set pieces. It was the same against wet spam. Jose has a job to do there!

Actually think we came out the gates too excited, pressed a bit higher than against West Ham and got caught out .. Jose was screaming to calm down in first half

Hilarious to see Jose shouting CALM at the players after starting like nutcases.

And yet... Mourinho, Dele and Kane said after the match that we started too slowly, not enough intensity, the press wasn't high enough and we started the second half with more intensity and a higher press.

So I think they needed to calm down in terms of not panicking when on the ball... but not in terms of their efforts / pressing.

I wouldn't get too used to this version of Jose. A leopard never changes its spots that much. And a nice version of Jose, as Roy Keane said, isn't really what we want anyway. I don't care if he's a horrible c**t as long as he's our horrible c**t and wins some trophies.

think Rio said after Jose looked a bit morbid.

I took it as a man who has seen our defence close up for 180 mins and thinks...

fudge the gods I’ve got some work on here!

Back