• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham v Olympiacos

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aside from now going through in second place, we essentially have a free game against Bayern during which Jose can tinker with his lineup and throw in some players in other positions.

Shaky start but we got there. Need to liven up at the back some very sloppy mistakes lead to goals.

onwards and upwards

What will we do for the dead rubber in Munich? Can we send a whole makeshift 11 and Jose's assistant?

I wouldn't be reading too much into the Dier substitution (Dier's gone). Simply put, at 2-0 there was no need for a defensive midfielder. Bringing on a more creative CM in order to hunt for goals made sense, but as others have alluded, we wouldn't have seen Poch make such a change so soon.

Will take that. Not sure what Jose saw with the Sissoko sub but it made a difference. Very good second half after an abysmal first half.

Thought Aurier was MOTM again today. Lots of good performances second half (Alli, Kane, Eriksen amongst them).

I don't want to be disrespectful to Poch because I never believed his in game management was as had as some on here thought but Jose has balls of steel doesn't he?

I don’t think we defended too badly Either - individual mistakes by players that won’t be starters when players are back.

Sanchez/Serge/CE MOM

I wouldn't be reading too much into the Dier substitution (Dier's gone). Simply put, at 2-0 there was no need for a defensive midfielder. Bringing on a more creative CM in order to hunt for goals made sense, but as others have alluded, we wouldn't have seen Poch make such a change so soon.
No because Poch would have started with either Eriksen or Lo Celso rather than Moura so wouldn't have needed the sub so quickly.

Back