• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Marine - FA Cup 3rd round ***

I read that they couldn't train on their frozen training pitch and the local leisure centres are closed so they had to train on Everton's training pitch

And the freezing weather sweeping down from the arctic will mean snow and ice and they obviously don't have under soil heating, so to me it seems likely to be called off?
WTF?

Why hasn't it been moved to our place? I just assumed it had been.

I read that they couldn't train on their frozen training pitch and the local leisure centres are closed so they had to train on Everton's training pitch

And the freezing weather sweeping down from the arctic will mean snow and ice and they obviously don't have under soil heating, so to me it seems likely to be called off?

I will be very happy if we play with a yellow ball.

WTF?

I thought this.

Initially I suppose in the hope that their fans could attend, maybe they also think the pitch will be a leveller but surely if the game is in jeopardy a switch would make sense - plus a chance for their players to play on a proper pitch. If there any skew in the tv money towards home fans I think we’d rather waive it then have to fit this game in another time?

WTF?

Why would it be? If fans were allowed in then there would be a huge financial benefit to them from moving it, but without that I dont see why they would want to switch it

Why would it be? If fans were allowed in then there would be a huge financial benefit to them from moving it, but without that I dont see why they would want to switch it
Facilities for TV broadcasting, medical teams, more space to distance, catering, pitch quality, lighting and it's not in the scouser-infested North West. Sure there's plenty more good reasons if we spent any time thinking about it.

Facilities for TV broadcasting, medical teams, more space to distance, catering, pitch quality, lighting and it's not in the scouser-infested North West. Sure there's plenty more good reasons if we spent any time thinking about it.

Its their call not ours. OK, they'd get a chance to play at a big stadium and the whole experience which that encompasses, and for most of their team it would probably be a one-off, but equally getting a big cub to play at their place is a one-off. Financially, without fans I doubt there's any difference

Its their call not ours. OK, they'd get a chance to play at a big stadium and the whole experience which that encompasses, and for most of their team it would probably be a one-off, but equally getting a big cub to play at their place is a one-off. Financially, without fans I doubt there's any difference

I don't think you're actually allowed anymore to switch venues by choice - only if there's a ruling regarding safety

So, this will be another Spurs Vs Rest Of The World cup match ! No prizes for guessing which team all the non-Spurs fans will be supporting in this match ! We must make sure Marine does not make us look like clowns in the eyes of the world ! Normally a simple win will be enough in any Cup matches. But considering there are 161 places between us and non-league Marine, a win won't be enough ! We need a convincing performance and a comfortable win ! After reaching the League Cup final, we need to make sure we progress in the FA Cup. We once dominated the FA Cup but have not won it since 1991. Wish we can win both the League Cup and FA Cup this season. To do that, we need to avoid getting complacent and give due respect to Marine. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Marine and progress to the next round of the FA Cup.

Apparently Liverpool have given Marine their tactical analysis of us to help them prepare!

Nice gesture from them however, only problem with it is that I assume/hope our tactics will be different for Liverpool compared to Marine

Going to be interesting to see how many people he's comfortable to give a full rest to today (i.e. leave them at home) and how much he doesnt trust the back-up players such that the bench is overly strong. If you assume the team is something like the following:

------------------------Hart----------------------------

---Doherty---Sanchez----Rodon----Davies----

--------------Sissoko--------Winks-------------------

-----------------------Dele----------------------------

------Moura---------Vinicius----------Bergwijn----

Then with 9 subs
- Presumably Whiteman or Austin as GK cover
- he's bound to have 3 defenders on the bench knowing Jose, so perhaps Tanganga, Alderweireld and Reguilon
- he's said only 1 U18 involved so thats likely to be Scarlett
- Bale was going to be involved if he got through training yesterday so thats a 6th
- couple CMs inevitably, and the only options are PEH and White given GLC is out
- and then given that none of Bale, Dele, Vinicius and Moura are exactly reliable at the moment, I'm guessing one of Sonny, Kane or Tubby will have to be involved

So a bench of Whiteman, Tanganga, Toby, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, White, Bale, Son, Scarlett

Means Dier, Ndombele, Aurier, Kane get a full break and can stay at home resting up for Villa

Hopefully if we can get say 3 up then he'll bring on White, Tanganga and Scarlett plus perhaps Bale....and then PEH, Toby and Son dont need to play

Apparently Liverpool have given Marine their tactical analysis of us to help them prepare!

Nice gesture from them however, only problem with it is that I assume/hope our tactics will be different for Liverpool compared to Marine

Ha, tactical analysis from them, it’ll just say hoof it long and dive in the box.

Back