• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

omt tottenham v juandes dinopros

We got the result that mattered, but b the skin of our teeth, we can't go on like that and expect top four or a trophy as the bigger teams will find the onion sack with the chances they missed against us.

I am not a fan of the long ball I must admit, the 442 either. When we are up for it it seems to stifle our creativity too much it just wasn't working, and we let them off easily in the first half.

Sorry, didn't phrase that very well. He doesn't get credit from me for staying fit over the summer, that's like me not having a lobotomy when on annual leave - it's an absolute basic requirement.

What he should have done is been with the team when they were doing all their tactical work.

No need for the strikers to do any tactical work under AVB. His tactics clearly didn't involve the use of strikers.

There's a very good chance that Spurs could be Britain's only club remaining in European competitions in March.

I wonder what the Sherwood haterz will say about that?

Statto I think you can lose Delia now we've won....unless you dont want to :lol:

What summed it up for me was how we had a free kick, late in the first half over near the left touch line but about 5 or so yards in. We sent the CBs up and then proceeded to square it to Sandro to blast over. Dnipro get a free kick in the same area, send the CBs up, swing the ball into a dangerous area for 3-4 players to attack and its 0-1. Sometimes I wonder if our players actually think about even the most basic things before doing them.

Or that time Dnipro sent all the CBs up but squared it to some bloke whose shot hit the post. How could the Spurs defence not see that coming?

Just teasing you. I was pretty annoyed as well when they squared it to Sandro as well; he's not exactly Siggy from distance, is he?

The very minimum I'd expect of a footballer is to stay fit over the summer.

The fact is that he wasn't training with the team and doing the required tactical work (which harms the rest of the team as much as it does him) when he should have been.

…AVB made a stand and got this one wrong. It was a family death. And a funeral process probably unlike that we're used to. At the risk of being Captain Obvious, you're being deliberately obtuse to suit your perspective/opinion. Just admit it. AVB got this one wrong. It's OK, he got a lot of things right at the club and did some wonderful work, it's just a huge shame that the one thing which could've really seen his whole process click was the one he couldn't handle due to whatever lack of man-management foibles he had with regards to Adebayor.

Sorry, didn't phrase that very well. He doesn't get credit from me for staying fit over the summer, that's like me not having a lobotomy when on annual leave - it's an absolute basic requirement.

What he should have done is been with the team when they were doing all their tactical work.

Family death not withstanding? How long would you have given him? What about all the world cup players this summer who will miss valuable weeks of tactical work? Come on, it's such a flawed argument, so flawed...

Or that time Dnipro sent all the CBs up but squared it to some bloke whose shot hit the post. How could the Spurs defence not see that coming?

Just teasing you. I was pretty annoyed as well when they squared it to Sandro as well; he's not exactly Siggy from distance, is he?

It's a valid point though that you make. If it had been nearer then I wouldn't have minded so much but Sandro was like 35 yards out when he got it and closed down straight away. For Konoplyanka's effort was both very clever from them and lazy from us - he was stood on the edge of the box, little more than 20 yards out and totally unmarked or even with a player monitoring that area in case the ball dropped there or in the event, was played there.

Family death not withstanding? How long would you have given him? What about all the world cup players this summer who will miss valuable weeks of tactical work? Come on, it's such a flawed argument, so flawed...

I'm honestly not sure how long I'd have given him - a few days, a week maybe? Too many managers have allowed Ade to have a weak mentality, it's about time someone made him man up.

As for the World Cup, all teams have to allow for that, it's expected. As long as those players return at the end of the competition and not **** off on a jolly then it's OK.

The boy liked it at the lane..

Bhtll4PIUAAuIZT.jpg

I'm honestly not sure how long I'd have given him - a few days, a week maybe? Too many managers have allowed Ade to have a weak mentality, it's about time someone made him man up.

As for the World Cup, all teams have to allow for that, it's expected. As long as those players return at the end of the competition and not **** off on a jolly then it's OK.

Maybe put him on a team bus and open fire on it killing some of his team mates?

Maybe put him on a team bus and open fire on it killing some of his team mates?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say there. That personal tragedy is good reason to have poor form? Poor seasons? That it's personal tragedy that makes him trap a ball 20 yards when it's not contract season?

Sorry, but I can't see the link.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say there. That personal tragedy is good reason to have poor form? Poor seasons? That it's personal tragedy that makes him trap a ball 20 yards when it's not contract season?

Sorry, but I can't see the link.

No no, absolutely not. That bit was down to the previous manager, how he wished to use Ade and how he, err, 'man-managed' him...

No no, absolutely not. That bit was down to the previous manager, how he wished to use Ade and how he, err, 'man-managed' him...

I'd be more inclined to believe that (as fans of his previous clubs have warned us) he just isn't as good when he's not negotiating a contract and that for some reason he can't play well unless the manager give him a quick tug and a big old kiss before every match. That's a weakness of Ade, not any manager.

I'd be more inclined to believe that (as fans of his previous clubs have warned us) he just isn't as good when he's not negotiating a contract and that for some reason he can't play well unless the manager give him a quick tug and a big old kiss before every match. That's a weakness of Ade, not any manager.

If that's the way to get him playing to his immense potential, why would you not? That is surely part of management as well, especially as the rewards are so great when he is on this form

If that's the way to get him playing to his immense potential, why would you not? That is surely part of management as well, especially as the rewards are so great when he is on this form

Maybe I'm a little old-school but I believe that you pay someone to do a job, they do their ****ing job. Especially when my wallet's at the other end of his pay packet.

Maybe I'm a little old-school but I believe that you pay someone to do a job, they do their ****ing job. Especially when my wallet's at the other end of his pay packet.

I don't know Scara, as a small business owner I have found that finding individual motivations for the people I hire is a very useful tool to ensuring top performance, some people you don't need to do it with as they will give 100% all the time, and that's great, but others need a little pep talk! a little more tlc or a kick up the ****. But like I said I am a SMALL business's owner and maybe this is not realistic in bigger businesses?

Back