• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

omt tottenham v juandes dinopros

good at dead balls , but we have a plethora of them......and remember they are rested , w/break and troubles...so had plenty of time to give us their best game...( and they have been playing freindlies so still match fit).......but tactics are one big worry 4 me , somebody buy Timmy football manger ;)

That's the first time I've ever applauded one of our own player's diving/faking. That Ukrainian **** had it coming to him, what an absolute retread! I wish they hadn't held him back, would've been interesting to see what he'd do to Jan.

He deserved to go for the punches he let averts have behind the refs back earlier in the game. Ref was way out of control in the first half... 1 minor extra time? What a laugh

There's a very good chance that Spurs could be Britain's only club remaining in European competitions in March.

I wonder what the Sherwood haterz will say about that?

Very good performance. I see some people complain about the first half performance, but I actually thought we were good then too. Unsurprisingly Ramos sent out a hard working, well organized side. They essentially played 4-6-0 most of that first half and although we struggled to break them down as is common in these situations we made them defend well, we tested them, we made them contain us and we had several almost moments. I felt very confident at half time, this first half performance was completely different from the away game against Dnipro and the Norwich game.

Thought we responded really well after the goal too, although we obviously defended the free kick poorly. Often those goals are followed by some chaotic moments as the losing team tries to find their rhythm again and some players start dropping their heads. But despite not having scored in 200+ minutes we looked confident, we went for it, we tried, and we got our reward.

Fantastic to have Sandro back!

I'm not convinced personally. He was decent but didn't have the impact of, say, Salah...

If not for the post and Lloris his impact would have been to send us out of the EL, not that dissimilar to Salah. I know that's not what you're saying, but I think he looks very useful. Worked his socks off for his team too down that flank.

Ohhhhh Scara! Come on. The man was dealing with family and all the while hired a personal trainer to keep him in shape whilst back in Togo. Lets stick with the facts matey ;-)

I thought that the falling out with AVB was over Ade refusing to take a beanie off.

Ohhhhh Scara! Come on. The man was dealing with family and all the while hired a personal trainer to keep him in shape whilst back in Togo. Lets stick with the facts matey ;-)

Remember thfcsteff, Scara never let facts get in the way of personal bias.

I thought that the falling out with AVB was over Ade refusing to take a beanie off.

What's avb doing telling a grown man to take his hat off... Were they at a funeral? A black tie event perhaps?

In the presence of the queen then surely?

Come on stop fooling yourselves, if we keep coming out like we did tonight in the first half or play like we did on sunday we are due another hiding. Yes we won, yay great, but we will not get away with these lacklustre performances against the likes of chelsea, arsenal and liverpool.

Agree we were inept in the first half lacking any ideas what so ever,even second half again it was the same thing till the sending off,the goals we scored,a free kick ,the second,our only creative move of the game and a 50 yard pass that could have gone anywhere.

It shows that the only two players who can create anything are Erikson and Ade,without them we be out last night. In the last ten /fifteen minutes why were they creating overlaps, why were they given space and time to create one or two chances and they were the ones with ten men and Dembele, I nearly threw my cat at the tv when he turned his back and had the ball taken away from him with two minutes left and dawson had to take one for the team,terrible,like i said before dembele is a liability near our own goal(Basle last year)does he ever learn.

Benfica will tear us apart out there,they have a massive pitch and the amount of space we give sides it be easy pickings for them i think,but who knows our name could be on the cup,well in on our heads anyway.

Agree we were inept in the first half lacking any ideas what so ever,even second half again it was the same thing till the sending off,the goals we scored,a free kick ,the second,our only creative move of the game and a 50 yard pass that could have gone anywhere.

It shows that the only two players who can create anything are Erikson and Ade,without them we be out last night.

To be honest that sounds like us under AVB last season except you exchange Bale for Eriksen and Ade.

The very minimum I'd expect of a footballer is to stay fit over the summer.

The fact is that he wasn't training with the team and doing the required tactical work (which harms the rest of the team as much as it does him) when he should have been.

Happy we won to progress to the next round. But not at all convinced by our performance. We hardly showed the quality and effort needed to go on and win the EL. We had to rely on a soft red card to come back from 2 goals down to win. We played as if we didn't have any motivation to win this match which was annoying to see.

We really got lucky with the red card situation. It felt as if it was Vertonghen who had head butt the Dnipro player. It was embarrassing to see Vertonghen going down like that after that. Wish we didn't rely on that red card to win this match. Thought we had enough quality to beat a minor team like Dnipro.

Credit to Eriksen and Adebayor for the well-taken goals. But we were very poor before and after the 13 minute spell in which we scored all the 3 goals. Even after taking the lead against 10 men, we still let Dnipro create 3 golden chances to come back into the match. You have to feel a bit sorry for Soldado as his goal was ruled offside and he wasted another good chance.

Hopefully the players have learned a lesson or two from this match. We will surely need more effort and quality when we play against Benfica in the next round.

Back