• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham V Inter Milan

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just watching a recording of BT coverage, having got back home from Wembley about an hour ago.

Managed to snag a seat near to the home dugout and it was fascinating to watch and hear Pochettino plus Perez work their magic at close quarters. Thankfully no selfie obsessed Son fanatics in my vicinity this time (although I did see someone have their selfie stick confiscated on the way into stadium) and got to enjoy a good singalong for a change.

So nice to have a bench laden with game changing subs available for a change and hopefully the World Cup hangover is now well and truly over!
It was a string bench.

It was a string bench.

sedcw.jpg

Ran up the periscope to see what's ahead for both Barca and Inter before the final matches of this round. Interesting.

Inter - @ Roma, @ Juventus, PSV, Udinese.

Barca - Villareal, @ Espanyol, Spurs, @ Levante

Spurs - @ Arsenal, Southampton, @ Leicester, @Barca, Burnley

Inter are third, five above Nazio and six above Acey Meelan. So, they can't take those away games lightly. Serie A gives them a slight boost by skedding the Juve game on a Friday. Naingolan went out early today. Hope it's nothing trivial. They're a decent squad, but not the deepest.

Barca play three in Barcelona proper and one after at ninth place Levante in Valencia. Espanyol, comfortably in fifth, will be well up for the local derby. Could Poch's former club give Barca a bit of a tussle to do us a favour? Levante could take sixth from Real Madrid with a win. So, maybe the Spurs game won't be their top priority.

Not expecting that Barca will just roll over for us because they've already qualified. A bad result against Espanyol would demand a strong response, especially if a loss to Spurs could be connected to Espanyol.

Getting a result with our depth players against Southampton will be crucial.

Gird your loins for Tuesday 11th December.

Inter Milan vs PSV, ko 8pm

Barcelona vs Tottenham, ko 8pm

Going to be one incredibly intense night. Scores don't matter, it's all on the results. So we could be losing 6-0 with minutes to go with (edit*) the scores level in Milan it would still depend on whether PSV could snatch a late winner. Likewise if Milan are leading 6-0 and we're level with Barca with the clock still ticking a late winner by us would still do it.

It's that crazy.

* Thanks to @Yid (Israel) for the correction :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Another game where it always felt like the goal was coming. Calm all round, players and crowd.
I'm loving this run. When we click, we click. And who'd have thought Sissoko would become the magic ingredient? Another game like that at the weekend and/or against Barca and he'll be reaching hero status!

Going to be one incredibly intense night. Scores don't matter, it's all on the results. So we could be losing 6-0 with minutes to go with Inter leading by one in Milan but it would still depend on whether PSV could snatch a late equaliser. Likewise if Milan are leading 6-0 and we're level with Barca with the clock still ticking a late winner by us would still do it.

It's that crazy.
If we lose and inter draw they still advance..

Going to be one incredibly intense night. Scores don't matter, it's all on the results. So we could be losing 6-0 with minutes to go with (edit*) the scores level in Milan it would still depend on whether PSV could snatch a late winner. Likewise if Milan are leading 6-0 and we're level with Barca with the clock still ticking a late winner by us would still do it.

It's that crazy.

* Thanks to @Yid (Israel) for the correction :rolleyes:

No, no, no, no!!!! 11th. fudge! Bad research. I bought tickets to a stand up show for the missus birthday on the 11th. Damn fudging clam fudge. Why can't I ever research. fudge.

Not at our best for much of the evening last night and seemed like we had picked the wrong starting line-up. But this new found resilience to win matches while performing under par is great to see this season. Although Alli & Eriksen were superb for the goal, our best players on the night were definitely Sissoko and Winks. Who would have thought we would be saying that 2 years ago!

Not at our best for much of the evening last night and seemed like we had picked the wrong starting line-up. But this new found resilience to win matches while performing under par is great to see this season. Although Alli & Eriksen were superb for the goal, our best players on the night were definitely Sissoko and Winks. Who would have thought we would be saying that 2 years ago!

I just had a look in the Sissoko thread, around Nov/Dec 2016, plenty of positives to be fair.

I just had a look in the Sissoko thread, around Nov/Dec 2016, plenty of positives to be fair.

I always thought he would come good. You don't get 50+ caps for France by being brick. And the abilities he had shown do not just disappear from one day to the next. It just takes time and some confidence.

Sissoko looks like he's getting into the swing of things. No marauding runs with the ball last night, but he played some great balls which led to opportunities. I'm beginning to warm to him by the match and we just might have ourselves a close to a £30 million player after all.

Sissoko may not have done much most of the game, but he's shown that he is a big weapon to have on the team.

Sissoko has very good vision and can definitely take on a man better than anyone else in the squad. But if you expect this to happen every time he touches the ball, you're in for constant disappointment, because the opportunity to do so will not present itself all the time. Most of the time is going to be a simple sideways or backward pass. He's kind of like Dele and I would argue Dele goes missing more during a game, but makes up for it with goals. Since Sissoko's role is not primarily goals, he doesn't get the respect for some of the other things he does. Goals stand out more, after all.

It's always about the price tag, isn't it? The player doesn't set it, but he has to live up to it.

I'm not the biggest Sissoko fan, but he has shown he has the quality and I think a run of games is what might allow the Euros Sissoko to emerge. As I said, we shall see. I, for one, am not writing him off quite yet.

Nail on head: the decisions were the right ones, but the execution was left wanting. Seems very much like a confidence thing. Given some game time (and playing him in his better position), hopefully that will take care of itself and we'll see a player that contributes significantly to the team.

Back