• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham v FC Basel, EL QF 2nd Leg

thfcsteff

Terry Dyson
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC

images-1.jpg

vs

FC Basel

cleese.jpg

Thursday April 11th, 8.05pm, St Jakob Park, deep in the heart of Basel, Switzerland

SPURS - Friedel, Walker, Daws, Verts, Benny, Holtby, Parker, Dembele, Sig, Dempsey, Ade
SUBS: Mighty Hugo, Carroll, Caulker, Naughton, Cebellos, The Hudd, Obika

Basel - some fast, strong, powerful Germanic-like Swiss side

Alright. fudge THIS! My first-ever OMT, so time for me to make you ALL wear the rose-tinted specs so as you can spend long enough to see beyond your pathetic pessimism and realise we are about to win this battle! I don't need to explain why. It's because we are Tottenham fudging Hotspur and this is what we fudging DO in Europe! When the going gets tough, when the pessimists come steaming forth, it's time for the OLD GUARD, the battlers, the experienced, the roll-your-sleeves-up-and-farkin'-GRIT-IT-OUT old timers to step RIGHT UP AND DO THE BUSINESS!

We will get behind enemy lines with General Scotty 'Pirouette' ParKAH leading the way...

PARKER WARFARE copy.jpg

...and we will WIN WITH THE MIGHTY, FINAL BLOW...

badger tank.jpg

So bring your fudging game faces, stop fannying around and BE-fudging-LIEEEEEEEVE!

COYS!

p.s. Yes yes the jpegs are small and efficient, so just exert a little extra fudging effort and get your just reward!!!

he cannot do two in a row mate...and rather than sit chewing my fingernails and wait, i thought it was high-time i took one on the fudging chin and strode forth!

COYS!!!!!

:lol:

I seriously hope we lose this game now.

Opposite mojo in effect! Don't believe him suckas! He and I share a birthday...The Ides of March...and they're rolling through Basel at hurricane force!!!!
We will win!!!!

COYS!!!!

--------------Lloris--------------
Walker Dawson Vertonghen Ekotto
----------Parker Carroll-----------
Dembele-----Holtby----Sigurdsson
-----------Adebayor-------------

--------------Lloris--------------
Walker Dawson Vertonghen Ekotto
--------Parker---Huddlestone-----
Holtby------Dembele----Sigurdsson
-----------Adebayor-------------

Basel 3 - 9 Tottenham Hotspur

Villas Boas x3, Freund x2, Freidel x2, Lloris x2

Bozos who start two OMTs in a row (when the first was a flaccid draw at home) aren't team players.

On the other hand this thread is to be applauded.

SAVE OUR SEASON!

<tin hat on>

Have mixed feelings about this game - would obviously be nice to make the semis however I cant help but feel that if we're going to have a chance of finishing in the top 4 then we need to have the mid-weeks off between the league games. Similarly I really do think that if cheatski make the semis but we dont then it hands us an advantage when going for the CL spots

If we make the semis our run in would be:

Sun: Man C
Thurs: EL semi
Sun: Wigan
Sun: Southampton
Wed: Chelsea
Sun: Stoke
[Wed: EL Final]
Sun: Sunderland

Would pick the same team that started v Everton for the Basel game, not because I think its a great team however I think we should be working on teh assumption that Bale and Lennon will miss the Man C game and therefore if AVB thinks that this is our best formation/line-up without them, they should get as much game time as possible together as the Man C game is huge

Good post Adam. Also means we are playing every game on a Sunday and with Chelsea and Arsenal probably above us by the time we take the field in the league next, we could be playing catch-up every week.

<tin hat on>

Have mixed feelings about this game - would obviously be nice to make the semis however I cant help but feel that if we're going to have a chance of finishing in the top 4 then we need to have the mid-weeks off between the league games. Similarly I really do think that if cheatski make the semis but we dont then it hands us an advantage when going for the CL spots

If we make the semis our run in would be:

Sun: Man C
Sun: Wigan
Sun: Southampton
Wed: Chelsea
Sun: Stoke
[Wed: EL Final]
Sun: Sunderland

Would pick the same team that started v Everton for the Basel game, not because I think its a great team however I think we should be working on teh assumption that Bale and Lennon will miss the Man C game and therefore if AVB thinks that this is our best formation/line-up without them, they should get as much game time as possible together as the Man C game is huge

There certainly would be a potential silver lining to the cloud of getting dumped out of the EL on Thursday.

I think you bring up a good point about playing the same team in both games with the assumption that both Lennon and Bale will still be out come City. Seems like a good option, although if AVB thinks that we have a better chance of winning by selecting a different team I think that will be preferable.

------------------------

Getting somewhat optimistic about this now (damn you hope!) We looked good in the last 30 minutes against Everton, I think the players will be fired up to prove themselves and bounce back after a less than flattering game against Basel.

Will be interesting to see if Ekotto starts, I'm wondering if AVB and Ekotto have reached an impasse of sorts as he's been benched and subbed a couple of times recently when it's seemed a bit strange to do so and there has been no news about niggling injuries or anything like that.

Were going to get a proper lesson in football again, especially with Basle at home. We'll play the same old euro team and with players out of position and wonder why weve lost.

4-1 Basle, agg 6-3

Basel managed a 1-1 draw away to St Gallen yesterday, Streller with the goal, to put them in first place, one point ahead of Grasshopper.

Back