• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Everton ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Come on mate, any due diligence process looks at previous performance especially in the same league. Just because Jose has bummed out I don’t think that would stop Levy appointing someone with similar success if available. I doubt potter will be on Levy’s radar.
Sadly although I’m a big admirer of Levy we can’t finance a ‘name’ and Potter would be worth the risk.

I don’t think he would
But I didn’t think we would go for Poch either
I wanted de boer myself
I really don’t want a name personally. I want a guy who can work with the players and not massage his own ego

De Boer! Don’t remind me!
Potter has been in the trenches with players and teams of a ‘lesser’ standard.
Like you I’m anti big name managers as we don’t have the fuel to run them MONEY.

only just watched the highlights. Seemed like our midfield was very open, so we allowed them to come onto us. Wasn't he defense at fault for our 2 goals, but how open we were in the middle of the pitch that was the issue?

Telling that at the end of the season we're still chopping and changing formation.

Last edited:
only just watched the highlights. Seemed like our midfield was very open, so we allowed them to come onto us. Wasn't he defense at fault for our 2 goals, but how open we were in the middle of the pitch that was the issue?

Telling that at the end of the season we're still chopping and changing formation.

I didn’t think we were that open through the middle generally, only on a couple of occasions where we coughed the ball up in stupid places.

It was actually one of our better defensive displays in recent weeks imo.

I didn’t think we were that open through the middle generally, only on a couple of occasions where we coughed the ball up in stupid places.

It was actually one of our better defensive displays in recent weeks imo.

I only watched the highlights. All their attacks we were pretty open the middle, and they are straight into our back line without much effort. Most teams pressure midfield players and don’t let them get at the back line so easily.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

There was zero defensive cover from the midfield. Hojberg needs to go back to Southampton.
He needs a damn rest and a better coached team to play with. Because Jose, the manager who would fix the problems, has made us such a mess PEH has to work extra hard every game. Up until recently he was excellent, how he’s burned out.

He needs a damn rest and a better coached team to play with. Because Jose, the manager who would fix the problems, has made us such a mess PEH has to work extra hard every game. Up until recently he was excellent, how he’s burned out.

Maybe so, but I don't think it explains his inability to make a ten yard pass.

it’s not about expectation it’s about contracts and value
Sons contract runs out in 2 years and he hasn’t signed a new one
Selling him because he's one of the few pieces we have that will return good money, before we lose him for next to nothing, is a different argument (and one I'd probably agree with) to "he's done nothing to warrant keeping" which we had earlier.

Even in the doldrums he's more use than most of our forward players, who'll be lucky to get 2+4 for the season, let alone 16 games.

Maybe so, but I don't think it explains his inability to make a ten yard pass.
With the utmost respect to you, I think it exactly does. Look at how he played up until a certain point in the season. When you’re burned out, in any job, your ability to execute the simple tasks is compromised. I get the frustration, but I would speculate that the physical over exertion, combined with the chaos at the club (see Hugo interview post Zagreb) means players are performing waaaay below their expected levels. And PEH is one of those that plays full tilt every minute he’s on the pitch.

Selling him because he's one of the few pieces we have that will return good money, before we lose him for next to nothing, is a different argument (and one I'd probably agree with) to "he's done nothing to warrant keeping" which we had earlier.

Even in the doldrums he's more use than most of our forward players, who'll be lucky to get 2+4 for the season, let alone 16 games.
You don’t ever want to lose your beats players
And goals cost money
Anyone who thinks he has done nothing to warrant keeping clearly is slightly deranged

You don’t ever want to lose your beats players
And goals cost money
Anyone who thinks he has done nothing to warrant keeping clearly is slightly deranged

I’m a bit disappointed with what I’m seeing posted about Sonny. He’s always been streaky and he’s just in a down period at the moment. He’ll catch fire again and look like a world beater soon.

He’s giving us the best years of his career so I’d show him a bit of loyalty for that if nothing else. Maybe that’s overly sentimental but, fudge it, I don’t like the idea of treating every football decision purely like a business decision. I was the first to complain about Berba, Keane, Modders etc when they showed us no loyalty. Works both ways.

With the utmost respect to you, I think it exactly does. Look at how he played up until a certain point in the season. When you’re burned out, in any job, your ability to execute the simple tasks is compromised. I get the frustration, but I would speculate that the physical over exertion, combined with the chaos at the club (see Hugo interview post Zagreb) means players are performing waaaay below their expected levels. And PEH is one of those that plays full tilt every minute he’s on the pitch.

What is it about Spurs burning out midfielders?!

Looking at Modric still being world class for Madrid or remembering Carrick playing regularly for ManU well into his 30s, yet everyone we’ve tried to replace them with has either failed miserably or got worn out within a handful of seasons :(

DED78B74-0463-4600-BCA3-7E854CC8E999.jpeg

Mourinho is definitely going, his failure on the pitch is costing us too much. I suspect that Potter is on our list but quite a long way down. Whether we like it or not, the profile of the manager is going to be a consideration. Kane has 3 years left on his contract, so he can do little to force his way out, no matter who we appoint. Son has a better chance of forcing his way out but I think that would be a little out of character and we would still want north of £100m.
We’re not getting north of £100m for Son. If we try to them we’ll probably end up with another Eriksen situation.

And two more rants about last night...

Aurier and Lloris having a good old laugh at the end of the game... Just about sums it all up...

The pelanty was another ridiculous decision by one of our players.. There wasn't a great amount of contact but if you jump into someone's back what do you expect... Just like Aurier did against Leicester. And then there's Dier against Chelscum, Sanchez against arsenal and away at Man U... All could have been avoided by sensible defending...

And just to finish it off Aurier going in to the back of a west ham player who was going nowhere in the final.minute.... Just pathetic
Sanchez against Arsenal was a good bit of recovery defending and a terrible decision from the ref and then VAR. Aurier against West Ham also was no foul and a dive by (I think) Snodgrass

We’re not getting north of £100m for Son. If we try to them we’ll probably end up with another Eriksen situation.

I think that you're right. I think that a lot of our players will be priced out if moves this summer because Levy won't want to sell at Covid rates.

I’ve got no idea who we get in, and it makes little difference imo. Until half this squad is gone, and some proper investment takes place, we’ll continue to struggle.

I have no idea either and the names that have been thrown around by some do not really grab me, but you are spot on we could get the best manager around but until we are able to get rid of the players who have bombed under the last two managers we will still have the same problems.

I think that you're right. I think that a lot of our players will be priced out if moves this summer because Levy won't want to sell at Covid rates.
In which case we shouldn’t moan if Son’s level of performance declines like Eriksen’s did. In many ways we ended up being lucky to get as much as we did for Eriksen with only 6 months left on his deal. Had that been me I would’ve instead signed a precontract for a free transfer at the end of the season.

In which case we shouldn’t moan if Son’s level of performance declines like Eriksen’s did. In many ways we ended up being lucky to get as much as we did for Eriksen with only 6 months left on his deal. Had that been me I would’ve instead signed a precontract for a free transfer at the end of the season.

All the noises are that Son will sign a new deal before the beginning of next season

Back