• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Everton ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The idea of football is to win trophies, which they haven’t done at spurs.

In fact the only thing Kane has won is the golden boot, which he could win again this season.

Then i guess you're just as happy with this season as you were with the years we were finishing 2nd or 3rd or challenging for the CL?

even if you are i bet the players aren't and they will know what the difference is

Yeah I get why it had to happen but I also preferred the charm of the old stadium. Between you and me the new one is like one of those gawdy supercars and I would rather an Austin healy with a nice wicker picnic hamper in the boot.

Yeah there aren't many things that had the same realness/charm. Maybe gigs, some pubs etc. mostly going the same way

What's sad is there's already lots of things to do if you want something 'nice'; theatres, restaurants, hotels etc.
Whereas the sweaty terraces were somewhat unique.

Hopefully can keep some of the essence for a long time though.

Not like they've done much more on the pitch

That he couldn't get them playing is on him. Sure Bale first few months was unfit, ill etc but he's shown what he can do. Find a way to get the best out of him, don't get the hump and outcast him and force yourself to turn to sissoko instead

Should never have sold Siggy

Levy’s transfer committee working its magic as usual

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/02/gylfi-sigurdsson-perfect-tottenham-pochettino

Pochettino wants greater productivity from his attacking midfielders and it is not difficult to see why he might look longingly at Sigurdsson, who has also tended to play well against Tottenham.
“I think after he moved to Swansea and we saw his development at Swansea, he was a perfect player for us,” Pochettino said. “But it was a club decision and his decision to move to Swansea and find another way. Every time we meet him and see him, he shows his quality – not only as a player but like a man. All the people here talk very highly about him.
“When we arrived at Tottenham we had 34 senior players and it was difficult to assess them all in the first few weeks, because we did not have enough time. The decision when we were in Seattle was for him to play the first friendly game. I remember he was in the starting XI to play that match and I had a call to say: ‘OK, the agreement is done with Swansea.’ When the club and player decide to move, there is nothing you can do about that.”

We got to a champions league final and were title contenders? Not bad for a team not used to even finishing in the top 4. Did you expect we would go from nothing to world beaters? Those players came close to glory. Instead of building on what we achieved we’ve gone backwards. They look flat and as far away from glory as we were in our darkest days. Worse still the manager, looks like he is both clueless and doesn’t even care.

I’m not saying Jose shouldn’t go, I have issue with someone saying players have “wasted two years” when we’ve done nothing in the previous years in a sport you are judged on winning trophies in.

if Kane stays at spurs and ends his career without winning anything, that is a wasted career with the ability he has.

that wouldn’t just be on one manager.

Back