• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham v Everton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we need to see if he has anything personally, or else move him very quickly. At this rate, play him in the 10 and have Gio sitting next to Winks. We cannot afford to have an asset like that sitting on the bench IMO. He works or he doesn't, in which case off ski. Of course, for all we know he might have a move to Barca sorted already!

At last we agree on something! We can't have a £63m asset simply not being used. Give him a go in the five games remaining to see if he has what it takes or else use him as barter for a player Mourinho really fancies - as clearly he isn't a fan of Ndombele.

At last we agree on something! We can't have a £63m asset simply not being used. Give him a go in the five games remaining to see if he has what it takes or else use him as barter for a player Mourinho really fancies - as clearly he isn't a fan of Ndombele.

A positive from the evening! :D Onwards my friend, it can only get better;)

I dont think you can if he is showing a lack of effort in training - If reports are true he cant be given a start over player that are putting it in - sends out the wrong message

Looks like Mourinho is building the base well. Even before Covid I thought we were beginning to look better defensively, and since Dier has moved to CB I think we are really seeing some results- the Sheffield Utd game was a bad day at the office though. Add Tangana to the defence whether that be RB or CB and we could really begin to look solid. So the next issue is the CM, I don’t put the lack of creativity on Mourinho - we really do have personnel problems. Agree with Stef, if NDombele isn’t putting in the graft to show he should play then get rid and recruit a couple of players that will work well in that CM. I don’t believe things are that bleak, we look more solid and with some of our attacking options it will only take a couple of the RIGHT type of players recruited to make a massive difference to this team going forward.....

Sadly not the latter, probably more the former.
He has won trophies, we are stuck with him, the only chance we have of even sniffing top 4 next season IMO is to not be in Europe at all. Sadly. The title? Nah of course not, but...

But Jose was brought in for trophies wasn’t he?

If you gave me a straight choice of Europa or no Europa next year I’d take being in it.

My reasons would be:

1. Get to watch Spurs more.
2. Increase trophy opportunities from 2 (the domestic cups) to 3.
3. Chance to play fringe/young players that could find some rhythm and progress into the league team. Done Kane no harm. Think Ndombele - who is getting next to no match practise at the moment. Same for Parrott, Sess, Skipp etc.

Without European football I’d assume we’d be all over the top 4 positions so there is some trade off.

Out of interest - is it top 8 now? Or only top 8 if one of the top 5 win the FA Cup? Or something similar to that?

Looks like Mourinho is building the base well. Even before Covid I thought we were beginning to look better defensively, and since Dier has moved to CB I think we are really seeing some results- the Sheffield Utd game was a bad day at the office though. Add Tangana to the defence whether that be RB or CB and we could really begin to look solid. So the next issue is the CM, I don’t put the lack of creativity on Mourinho - we really do have personnel problems. Agree with Stef, if NDombele isn’t putting in the graft to show he should play then get rid and recruit a couple of players that will work well in that CM. I don’t believe things are that bleak, we look more solid and with some of our attacking options it will only take a couple of the RIGHT type of players recruited to make a massive difference to this team going forward.....

A defensive midfielder who can pass should be our first priority in the summer. It provides the defence with some cover and would allow a creative central midfielder to play and give us the option of playing Lo Celso at #10.

Who do u think we could sign to improve us?

I agree on the defence. Was pro Dier as a CB well before lockdown and he’s showing he can lead from there (and we do lack leaders).

The midfield is a puzzle...Sign a holding midfielder - does he pair with Winks? And GLC move up one. Or do we go 433 with GLC deeper? And is then the signing just a replacement for Sissoko - who’s pretty much been an ever present for Jose.

But Jose was bought in for trophies wasn’t he?

If you gave me a straight choice of Europa or no Europa next year I’d take being in it.

My reasons would be:

1. Get to watch Spurs more.
2. Increase trophy opportunities from 2 (the domestic cups) to 3.
3. Chance to play fringe/young players that could find some rhythm and progress into the league team. Done Kane no harm. Think Ndombele - who is getting next to no match practise at the moment. Same for Parrott, Sess, Skipp etc.

Without European football I’d assume we’d be all over the top 4 positions so there is some trade off.

Out of interest - is it top 8 now? Or only top 8 if one of the top 5 win the FA Cup? Or something similar to that?

It's possible that the seven clubs that qualify for Europe next season might skip the league cup in order to have room for all the games. Not seen any confirmation yet.

I agree on the defence. Was pro Dier as a CB well before lockdown and he’s showing he can lead from there (and we do lack leaders).

The midfield is a puzzle...Sign a holding midfielder - does he pair with Winks? And GLC move up one. Or do we go 433 with GLC deeper? And is then the signing just a replacement for Sissoko - who’s pretty much been an ever present for Jose.

GLC is a CM in the Modric mould. He's small but he works hard and has a bit of niggle about him. Play the DM alongside GLC. Winks is GLC's understudy

I can’t see much evidence for any of the optimism above.

We are shaky in defence; despite having far too many (admittedly average) midfielders we struggle to create; our forward line looks half-fit and half-interested.

And we are bloody awful to watch.

Ideally he plays with Lo Celso and a motivated and fit Ndombele but it at least gives us options.

Specific personnel I have no idea. But definitely a DM, and ideally paired with N'Dombele but if he is a write off then we need to acquire that tpe of player - someone who could link between midfield and Lo Celso playing as the number 10. I think its crucial Lo Celso plays in the 10 role as we dont have anyone else with guile (again assuming N'Dombele isnt an option). With Lo Celso's guile, Dele's running and Son's pace and direct dribbling that would be a good mix rather than what we have at the moment which is too predictable as similar types of players....

Specific personnel I have no idea. But definitely a DM, and ideally paired with N'Dombele but if he is a write off then we need to acquire that tpe of player - someone who could link between midfield and Lo Celso playing as the number 10. I think its crucial Lo Celso plays in the 10 role as we dont have anyone else with guile (again assuming N'Dombele isnt an option). With Lo Celso's guile, Dele's running and Son's pace and direct dribbling that would be a good mix rather than what we have at the moment which is too predictable as similar types of players....
We have to play Bergwein over Dele IMO
He so so much more direct but also has a great pass on him

Zokaria is DM we should be all over or Partey, because if Atletico are letting him go their mental

I do not think that we need to get het up about who the DM is. We do not necessarily need a world beater, just someone who is well suited to the role, Mourinho's preferred way of playing and compliments our other players.

Zokaria is DM we should be all over or Partey, because if Atletico are letting him go their mental
Fair, I really like Bergwign. But for me Dele is a massive asset if we have someone who picks out his runs into the box. But good options to have anyway.....

I think that this is crazy, unless we have a creator playing tucked in on the right (like Eriksen used to) but we don't have one of those at the moment. We look very one track when we play all of the fast players. I would start Bergwijn but it would be in place of Moura.

Back