1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

**** OMT Tottenham v Canning Town Bing Club ****

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by markysimmo, 19 Mar 2022.

1. FolkestoneSpur

FolkestoneSpur Wilson Palacios

Just been on KUMB and a lot of talk about us diving, rolling around on the ground, constantly in the refs ear and how West Ham are too nice which is interesting.
    You could find thousands of posts on here saying exactly that about other teams.
    Has Conte finally got us being a bit nasty?

2. Nexus1967

Nexus1967 Adel Taarabt

I think it is part Conte and part due to the fact we have south american players and others who have played in La Liga, Serie A etc and it is part of modern football. If you read any other teams forums you would also know that Harry Kane is perceived as one of the biggest divers/actors who never turns up for big games

MKSpur, metalgear and FolkestoneSpur like this.
  3. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Chris Armstrong

Sounds like you’re blaming them foreigners for diving to me.

We embraced the dark arts under Poch big time too, it’s easier to accept when you’re doing better.

You’re right that it’s part of the modern game and is more accepted now but I don’t think nationality comes in to it. Every Spurs fan will have loved seeing Son get back in to form but will have also felt embarrassed about him hitting the deck after the ball hit him yesterday + Reggie falling limp instead of finishing chances.

Pirate55, metalgear and StephenH like this.
  4. Nexus1967

Nexus1967 Adel Taarabt

Not blaming foreign players at all but I do think that with multi national and cultural squads these days it will have an influence on the whole squad. But it has to be done. Not too long ago Man U and Chelsea were seen to be the worst for getting in the refs face or ear. I for one am glad we are seen to be like this I think you need one or 2 players in the team prepared to use the dark arts. Its a shame we haven`t got Lamela anymore but as I said previously most other teams forums reckon Harry Kane is the Biggest diver/actor and number one at getting in the refs ear. So no not blaming foreingers at all

5. Nexus1967

Nexus1967 Adel Taarabt

Ha ha yes some West Ham fans I spoke with today were very concerned about Son and were glad to see he has made a full recovery from that dreadful assault he suffered lol

DeanoAustin and monkeybarry like this.
  6. elltrev

elltrev Kasey Keller

To be fair Son and Reguilon’s diving was indeed embarassing against West Ham, and they deserve all the criticism that now comes their way for it.

I’ve never been able to warm to Reguilon, due to his regular diving and play acting.

spurspinter1 and Nexus1967 like this.
  7. Nexus1967

Nexus1967 Adel Taarabt

It is indeed cringe worthy. As elltrev says they deserve all the critisism that comes their way.
    Another thing that bugs me is when commentators and pundits say when a player goes into the box and tries to stay on their feet after an attempted tackle "oh he was too honest there, if he went down he could have got a penalty" Then when they go down "oh he might get booked for simulation"
    Like I said its all part of the modern game now

8. Aldo

Aldo Alan Hutton

Ironically, the thing that saved Antonio a sending off for the late, straight arm smash into Dier's face is that Dier didn't roll around after it.

Pirate55, MKSpur, DeanoAustin and 3 others like this.
  9. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Jimmy Neighbour

Wow what a sea change seems only a short time ago peg leg was being lauded for his shameful conduct.

10. FolkestoneSpur

Yes and I think Dier should probably get a bit of a gonad*ing for not making more of something as out of order as that. Won't be popular with some but if you can get a sporting advantage because an opposition player has tried to take your head off then you should.

Last edited: 21 Mar 2022
    Pirate55 and Baleforce like this.
  11. Roland Beurre

Roland Beurre Stephen Clemence

Jeez, that goes on longer than Hey, Jude

FolkestoneSpur and Gazza like this.
  12. FolkestoneSpur

My mate said he could have recorded for longer but he had to go to the pub!

13. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin John Lacy

To be fair to them, they're absolutely right. We were diving a fair bit and Kane was in the ref's ear for half the game. I'm conflicted about it. On one hand, I hate it, on the other hand everyone does it so if you can't beat them, join them. Most of the great coaches encourage it and I can't believe that Conte doesn't have a big hand in it.

On the Dier one, I didn't notice it during the game but that was a definite red. Dier is a proper warrior.

14. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Ian Walker

Antonio also escaped a definite yellow for his blatant kick of Romero’s calf with the ball nowhere near.

thfcsteff and Baleforce like this.
  15. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

Thankfully not as long as American Pie though !!!

16. SouthStand322

SouthStand322 Kevin-Prince Boateng

Being honest and nice gets you nowhere in football. We need to gain all the advantages we can get, especially in big games which are won on fine margins.

17. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Andy Thompson

18. FolkestoneSpur

Love that hug between him and Son, looks like they've got a really strong bond already.
    I'm getting Poch vibes with Conte. Exciting.

19. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Steve Carr

Yeah. Conte knew son needed that confidence boost. Had been asked in press conferences whether son should be dropped. Probably why son did the shhh goal celebration.

20. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Mitchell Thomas

Absolutely the best way to head into the international break. Momentum and confidence building across the pitch.