• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** OMT Tottenham v Canning Town Bing Club ****

Just been on KUMB and a lot of talk about us diving, rolling around on the ground, constantly in the refs ear and how West Ham are too nice which is interesting.
You could find thousands of posts on here saying exactly that about other teams.
Has Conte finally got us being a bit nasty?

Just been on KUMB and a lot of talk about us diving, rolling around on the ground, constantly in the refs ear and how West Ham are too nice which is interesting.
You could find thousands of posts on here saying exactly that about other teams.

I think it is part Conte and part due to the fact we have south american players and others who have played in La Liga, Serie A etc and it is part of modern football. If you read any other teams forums you would also know that Harry Kane is perceived as one of the biggest divers/actors who never turns up for big games

I think it is part Conte and part due to the fact we have south american players and others who have played in La Liga, Serie A etc and it is part of modern football. If you read any other teams forums you would also know that Harry Kane is perceived as one of the biggest divers/actors who never turns up for big games

Sounds like you’re blaming them foreigners for diving to me.

We embraced the dark arts under Poch big time too, it’s easier to accept when you’re doing better.

You’re right that it’s part of the modern game and is more accepted now but I don’t think nationality comes in to it. Every Spurs fan will have loved seeing Son get back in to form but will have also felt embarrassed about him hitting the deck after the ball hit him yesterday + Reggie falling limp instead of finishing chances.

Not blaming foreign players at all but I do think that with multi national and cultural squads these days it will have an influence on the whole squad. But it has to be done. Not too long ago Man U and Chelsea were seen to be the worst for getting in the refs face or ear. I for one am glad we are seen to be like this I think you need one or 2 players in the team prepared to use the dark arts. Its a shame we haven`t got Lamela anymore but as I said previously most other teams forums reckon Harry Kane is the Biggest diver/actor and number one at getting in the refs ear. So no not blaming foreingers at all

To be fair Son and Reguilon’s diving was indeed embarassing against West Ham, and they deserve all the criticism that now comes their way for it.

I’ve never been able to warm to Reguilon, due to his regular diving and play acting.

I’ve never been able to warm to Reguilon, due to his regular diving and play acting.
It is indeed cringe worthy. As elltrev says they deserve all the critisism that comes their way.
Another thing that bugs me is when commentators and pundits say when a player goes into the box and tries to stay on their feet after an attempted tackle "oh he was too honest there, if he went down he could have got a penalty" Then when they go down "oh he might get booked for simulation"
Like I said its all part of the modern game now

Ironically, the thing that saved Antonio a sending off for the late, straight arm smash into Dier's face is that Dier didn't roll around after it.

Ironically, the thing that saved Antonio a sending off for the late, straight arm smash into Dier's face is that Dier didn't roll around after it.
Yes and I think Dier should probably get a bit of a gonad*ing for not making more of something as out of order as that. Won't be popular with some but if you can get a sporting advantage because an opposition player has tried to take your head off then you should.

Last edited:

To be fair to them, they're absolutely right. We were diving a fair bit and Kane was in the ref's ear for half the game. I'm conflicted about it. On one hand, I hate it, on the other hand everyone does it so if you can't beat them, join them. Most of the great coaches encourage it and I can't believe that Conte doesn't have a big hand in it.

On the Dier one, I didn't notice it during the game but that was a definite red. Dier is a proper warrior.

To be fair to them, they're absolutely right. We were diving a fair bit and Kane was in the ref's ear for half the game. I'm conflicted about it. On one hand, I hate it, on the other hand everyone does it so if you can't beat them, join them. Most of the great coaches encourage it and I can't believe that Conte doesn't have a big hand in it.

On the Dier one, I didn't notice it during the game but that was a definite red. Dier is a proper warrior.
Antonio also escaped a definite yellow for his blatant kick of Romero’s calf with the ball nowhere near.

Back