• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Burnley ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, I have seen worse 1st half performances...but f#ck me, not many.

Totally bereft in any confidence in themselves right now. They look like a team of strangers with no Plan A, B or C. I feel sorry for every single Spurs fan that has travelled to watch this

Just no!
Twice Bergwijn and Lamela have peeled off in the SAME direction FFS, thick off the ball movement! Bergwijn is the one who failed to pass to him in the first min, instead shooting with the deflection going slightly behind Dele who improvised a backheel which Lamela could not deal with.

But mate. Enjoy your spacegoat, don't let me get in the way!

But you will get in the way, defending him blindly even when he plays like turd. Just like he has for the last three seasons. He's a senior member of the squad. Why isn't he leading? Why does he bitch and moan instead of set the example? fudge him off ASAP.

Can we just sack Mourinho? I know it will cost the club money but it’s clearly not working out. We’re getting worse under Mourinho. Strikers or no strikers...the performance, the motivation, the team tactics, the results...lately none of that has been there.

isn’t Poch still under contract and on the payroll?

That was absolute poison. I have some sympathy because the lack of a striker is hurting us. You can see Lamela and Alli get in decent positions and have nothing to play a ball to. Similarly with Ndombele. He can play a pass but no striker means he has to go back or sideways.

Toby has been laughably bad. Ndombele his usual frustrating self. The set up and tactics have been awful and that's the main reason we look so bad.

Skipp looks like he's making the leap through though which is encouraging.

This could be 5 defeats on the bounce. Jose is known as a man manager who can get players to run through brick walls. He has 15 mins to earn his wage this week because this is not good enough.

They get to kick the fudge out of us and it's not even a fk.

We make a solid bit fair tackle and he can't wait to blow.

I think I'd feel it a bit more if more of ours looked like they were up for it.
Still, can't blame them. Captain Priority has essentially told the starting 11 they are not as important as Tuesday's. Well done. Great man management that. Of course he is protecting himself, etc, blah blah...

Pfft Poch had us at 1pt per game and that’s with a fit Kane/Son etc so let’s not pretend he was a messiah who could fix this issue. We will continue to have games like this until we get Kane/Sonny back and probably even then until we can do some work over the summer.

I don't think there is any fixing this. We are too far gone. Getting Son/Kane back will help, obviously. But our defensive set up is a shambles, as are our tactics.

I’ve not seen enough concentration and effort from the players to determine what the tactics are yet.

I’d be surprised to find out Jose sent them out there with instructions to keep turning the ball over, don’t try and win headers and don’t move into space.

Goalkeeper error leading to a goal.
Defence unable to cope with high crosses
No focal point to receive any long ball.
Poor decisions made by attacking players when we finally get the ball in their half.
Lucky not be further behind but I just don’t see where a goal comes from for us

Goalkeeper error leading to a goal.
Defence unable to cope with high crosses
No focal point to receive any long ball.
Poor decisions made by attacking players when we finally get the ball in their half.
Lucky not be further behind but I just don’t see where a goal comes from for us
No one in midfield who can keep it simple

Mourinho is yesterday's man. He doesn't look like a man who cares any more. I can't believe he honestly thinks we are going to win by counter attacking with Dele up front. Sure play Dele up front if we try to pressure them in their half as he can keep the ball in tight spaces. But stick someone quick up there at least if we are trying to play on the break.

And all the hoofing back to them for goal kicks. It is unfathomable

You could have Kane, Son, Lo Celso or Messi even in that front three or midfield two and you'll create nothing against this narrow burnley 442 if you are playing centre halfs as wing backs.

The only place for us to play the ball is the huge space they have left us out wide.

This is fudging basics. Mourinho is getting paid 20m a year ffs.

Back