• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Birmingham (Friendly) ***

I love Sessegnon he was my favourite signing of recent years but like rose to Sunderland he could do with the appropriate loan at this stage on his career.

Thats a good shout. Whilst it might be a step down, a loan to someone like Norwich alongside Skippy would be good for him to play week in, week out and re-discover his confidence. Or perhaps a Leeds, but he'd need to be playing regularly wherever he went

Thats a good shout. Whilst it might be a step down, a loan to someone like Norwich alongside Skippy would be good for him to play week in, week out and re-discover his confidence. Or perhaps a Leeds, but he'd need to be playing regularly wherever he went

After how Leeds treated clarke they can fcuk off.

Championship would not be worst thing. Has to be right loan not just any loan.

Personally I’d be happy for sessengon to start some games at left back. The stick he’s been getting is ridiculous. He missed a shot by a foot on his wrong foot, big deal! Watch him play and he’s very decent, just needs a run of games.

He also scored 2 games ago.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He's got plenty of Championship experience. If he's going out on loan, it needs to be at PL or comparable level. I think that he's a decent player, he just needs a run of games but accept, that might be easier to get elsewhere.

I like these games no pressure or worries about points, chance to see players who rarely get game time and no experts talking gonad*s.

Personally I’d be happy for sessengon to start some games at left back. The stick he’s been getting is ridiculous. He missed a shot by a foot on his wrong foot, big deal! Watch him play and he’s very decent, just needs a run of games.

He also scored 2 games ago.

I actually don't care at all if he missed a shot. His attacking abilities are not in doubt as far as I'm concerned - all those goals at Fulham came because he was a natural finisher at left-wing, able to ghost into spaces and intelligent in his runs.

I don't need more evidence of that. What I want to see more of is his defensive game - how has he improved defensively since coming in? That's the key to whether he makes it at Spurs as a left-back, imo.

I actually don't care at all if he missed a shot. His attacking abilities are not in doubt as far as I'm concerned - all those goals at Fulham came because he was a natural finisher at left-wing, able to ghost into spaces and intelligent in his runs.

I don't need more evidence of that. What I want to see more of is his defensive game - how has he improved defensively since coming in? That's the key to whether he makes it at Spurs as a left-back, imo.

Well he had 15mins at LB yesterday before Criken came on. And he looked composed and sharp. There was one sequence where under pressure he passed the ball around and we worked possession out of the corner nicely.

Following that cameo maybe Mourinho wanted to see more of him at LB so he played the whole second half there today. Problem is Brum didn’t attack at all. Davies looked great at CB, because all he had to do was pass the ball and drive forward into space. CCV looked tidy and he has ‘Thud like passing. Hammers the ball about. CCV looked good...but we had virtually no defending to do.

Last season I would have agreed a loan was best for Sess. But now I think he is likely our best LB. Davies has become a kind of 3rd wide CB. Sess needs to get comfortable, and play. He’s had plenty of first team games and proved himself. Now he has to find his conviction and settle into plying for us. For me that is at LB at the moment. As you say he has attacking skill, so long as he’s disciplined defensively he’ll do well once settled. He looks switched on and alert just need to build some confidence and play some games.

I agree Sessegnon needs game time to boost his confidence, I dont think he will ever be a fullback at top level, to me he doesnt appear to do defensive task naturally and often fails to see runners, I hope I'm wrong but Cirkin looks much more comfortable playing there. The first time I saw Cirkin I said to my son he looks a natural footballer. Sessegnon has always impressed me as and attacking midfielder.

He's got plenty of Championship experience. If he's going out on loan, it needs to be at PL or comparable level. I think that he's a decent player, he just needs a run of games but accept, that might be easier to get elsewhere.

i agree about Sess not going on loan to the Championship he has proved himself in that Lge and it will not help him to go back there, if we were to loan him out it should be to a Prem team.

That'd be my first choice but a Bundesliga loan might be worth considering.

That may work of course but i would prefer him staying in the Prem. Early days of course but he looked better today then the first couple of games, maybe he has a problem with confidence ( only a guess on my part)

That may work of course but i would prefer him staying in the Prem. Early days of course but he looked better today then the first couple of games, maybe he has a problem with confidence ( only a guess on my part)
It definitely is confidence......it's almost like he has imposter syndrome?

He has all the talent, just needs to believe in it and believe he belongs at this level

It definitely is confidence......it's almost like he has imposter syndrome?

He has all the talent, just needs to believe in it and believe he belongs at this level

That is how it looks to me as well, he has just turned 20 and maybe not as confident as some are at that age.

MotM …. their Bela. Some beautiful footwork at times plus interventions in defence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jérémie_Bela

Aurier's timing was just way off today, and Sessegnon tries in patches. Dele just running the ball around into cul de sacs.

Moura was the only one who troubled much the best opposition thus far.

Overall, too much keeping the ball even by repeated back-passes, and frightened to shoot. Last seasons problems. And the season before that.

But he's already played in the Championship. A lot. And held his own in the PL. Anything lower than a midtable PL team where he is guaranteed minutes would be a waste. Soton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Palace, heck even Wet Spam.

Back