• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ××××× TOTTENHAM HOTSPURS VS Villa ×××××××

Think he's a bit hit and miss to be honest, Stambouli looks better from what I've seen. But the big decision is up front tbh, I wouldn't be heart broken to see Capone start just as long as the front 4 are changed.

Yeah I can agree with that, I'm far more concerned about getting the front 4 functioning properly...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I'm ok with that too. It is difficult to get a clear idea of whether Stambouli is worth promotion to the league side based on the opposition he has been up against in the last two games.

I think there may have been fitness issues. Stambouli hasn't featured that much and especially in the last month.

I'm ok with that too. It is difficult to get a clear idea of whether Stambouli is worth promotion to the league side based on the opposition he has been up against in the last two games.

I like the look of Stambouli, he will be a good signing. But not sure Capoue deserves to be dropped and I don't think he will be for an away game....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I like the look of Stambouli, he will be a good signing. But not sure Capoue deserves to be dropped and I don't think he will be for an away game....

I agree. I hadn't thought about it being an away game, I think that you are right that might make big changes less likely

I'm really keen for Stambouli to settle as quickly as possible. He just comes across as the right type of character that's needed in this spurs side.

I'm really keen for Stambouli to settle as quickly as possible. He just comes across as the right type of character that's needed in this spurs side.

Agreed. As composed as Capoue can look, under pressure from pacy players looking to counter-attack and press us in our half he seems to offer very little protection to our already often fragile back four. Stambouli seems to be quicker and more explosive in the tackle. I think a game away from home against a team in a worse state than us might actually be a far less pressurised debut than say a home game against Swansea or Hull.

I'd like to think Spurs can maintain their excellent form against Aston Villa, but I'm not exactly filled with confidence at the moment...

P560_zps25c4d49d.png

Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa Match Records 1896-2015

Villa can't score for **** so obviously 3-1 to them then with Benteke putting his "injury nightmare behind him". This place then going into meltdown because we bought Soldado and not Benteke

Agree with the sentiments re Ade, don't possibly see how he deserves to keep his place. Please Poch play Kane or Soldado, possibly both. Also drop Kaboul.

He does have a great record against Villa, though. He has scored more PL goals against them than against any other team. And he also has 4 goals in 4 starts for Spurs against Villa.

Last edited:
The fact is that Villa can be a very effective counter attacking team, though I think they are sorely missing delph, its churlish to think the likes of Agbonlahor & co cant hurt us....and I fear all those times I have bigged up the Benteke machine will come back to haunt me!

One thing of note is that Villa seem content to surrender possession of the ball in most games, we need to scratch around and look under the sofa and get all our creativity on the field for this one.

And Hutton will show us how macaronic we were to ever mug him off:)

Just got ruled out for two weeks with injury.

-----------------Lloris

Naughton--Fazio--Verts--Rose

-------Stambouli--Mason

--Lamela----Eriksen---Kane

-------------Soldado

W4-1

-----------------------lloris
naughton---kaboul----vert-----rose
--------stambouli-------mason
--chadli--------kane----------eriksen
------------------adebayor

I really don't want to see Ade start this game, I know he scored last week and he will start but I'd love to see Kane and/or Soldado get a start.

------------------------LLoris-------------------------

Naughton-------Dier-------------Verts----------Rose

---------------Capoue------------Mason------------

Lamela-----------------Eriksen-----------------Chadli

-------------------------Soldado----------------------

Subs: Vorm, Kaboul, Davies, Stambouli, Dembele, Townsend, Kane

A 3-0 affair, we finally get our clinking, clanking gears running and put the hurting on Villa. Post-match, we hire Keane as our new director of 'Ardness.

It is imperative that the three behind the striker are left unchanged, but barring that, Soldado deserves a start, and Kane should start if Soldado doesn't impress this weekend.

I dont think there will be as many changes as people want to see - Maybe Soldado will get a start, maybe Stambouli will be given a run out, maybe Fazio will be brought in to try and provide a more solid base at the heart of our defence. But I can't see Poch making all of the above alterations to our starting XI in one game....

I dont think there will be as many changes as people want to see - Maybe Soldado will get a start, maybe Stambouli will be given a run out, maybe Fazio will be brought in to try and provide a more solid base at the heart of our defence. But I can't see Poch making all of the above alterations to our starting XI in one game....

Well if he doesn't and we lose, he's going to get a whole lot of **** ...

Ade/Dier/Capoue haven't been working in general

Naughton has to start, without him our balance/width is ****ed up

Huge argument could be made for Kane/Soldado with effort/movement/threat

Lamela is an interesting one, fluctuates between good/poor games, Lennon? or have each of them have a 45-60 minute run?

Well if he doesn't and we lose, he's going to get a whole lot of **** ...

Ade/Dier/Capoue haven't been working in general

Naughton has to start, without him our balance/width is ****ed up

Huge argument could be made for Kane/Soldado with effort/movement/threat

Lamela is an interesting one, fluctuates between good/poor games, Lennon? or have each of them have a 45-60 minute run?
Think you'll get Naughton provided his injury is still OK from Wednesday, but I can't see him dropping Kaboul or Ade.

Back