• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur - Woolwich tossers

Hojberg seems to need a DM next to him rather than be the DM himself - question is, if that's the case does he offer enough on the ball and going forwards to warrant having that starting position?
It’s why he doesn’t play there for Denmark
That role is played by Delaney
And Hojbjerg plays the role that kante did against us. That further up the pitch “agitator”

Yep agree
The defence was so exposed they did what they could do to a point
Sure we can break each goal down to defensive errors but the midfield just offered nothing at either end of the pitch
Scary really when you consider they had a 2 man midfield
Although how xhaka wasn’t sent off I’ll never know
The guy gets away with what would be an assault every time
That's clutching at straws.... He shouldn't have been sent off. Though he should've been booked for persistent fouling.

Hojberg seems to need a DM next to him rather than be the DM himself - question is, if that's the case does he offer enough on the ball and going forwards to warrant having that starting position?
Answer.... No he doesn't.

He needs to play as a disciplined holder for us, especially if we're going with a back 4. With Dele and Ndombele being asked to get our wide it is even more essential that Hojbjerg has to hold the midfield. Our tactics are completely baffling to me.

Why do you need 3 in midfield?
We lost to a team with 2
Chelsea started with 2 and we couldn’t score
Palace didn’t play with 3 did they?

off the top off my head the only team that plays with 3 CMs is pool

Wolves also play with 2 central if I am not mistaken.

Some of us have been for several years mate....

I've been broadly supportive of Levy and ENIC. I think they've built amazing infrastructure and run us very well as a business and as a club. But on the football side, they've taken us as far as they can or as far as they are willing to. This latest shambles is the final nail in the coffin for me.

I've been broadly supportive of Levy and ENIC. I think they've built amazing infrastructure and run us very well as a business and as a club. But on the football side, they've taken us as far as they can or as far as they are willing to. This latest shambles is the final nail in the coffin for me.
But they ain’t going anywhere
I read the other day the6 valued the club at £3.5B
I didn’t read much into it but just thought it was mental

Guys honestly do something else with your time rather than debate every detail of yesterdays game.

I warned several days ago what would happen in this game, which was that they would be bang up for it (players and crowd) and we would wilt under that, struggle to string a few passes together, constantly give the ball away and concede chance after chance, deserve to lose around 5-0 and any improvement on that scoreline would be down to lloris and or their poor finishing.

As I also said the other day, the above would have happened even if we had won every other game this season 5-0. This is what we do in this fixture. Its happened the last few years and will happen again next season and the season after that.

Its best to not get too emotionally involved in this club. It took 20 years of watching this brick for a switch to at least semi switch for me and hope for your sakes something similar happens for you guys.

Chelsea run London now and the top 4 is a closed shop. Even when we do get it briefly right (redknapp, pochs side) we still dont win anything. There is nothing to look forward to with this club sadly and it effectively died when alan sugar bought it.

You available to do the teamtalk on Sunday?

You're dead right. They are going nowhere. Why would they?

Levy has done a decent job on the football side. We were proper mid table muck for a decade and a half and he's had us at the top table consistently even without trophies. He's also built an incredible stadium and training ground. The rest of the league clearly respects him and I'm sure his ego loves the reputation he has (I know I'd love it). He's never going to see that he's brought it as far as he can.

ENIC are making a mint out of us. They bought us for, what, £45m and we're now worth well over a billion. Why would they get out unless someone comes up with a ridiculous offer? They're here to stay but the evidence of the last 3 years is that they're steering us on a downward trajectory.

We've been on a prolonged downward trajectory since leaving WHL and it's hard to avoid pointing fingers at the clubs heirachy.
Not finding a way to back Poch during the stadium build, letting him go and then appointing Mourinho were all badly thought out decisions from the man at the top and now we're in for another big key decision (or two) of his to set us back further - you can forgive a set back or two if we learn from them and address the problems but this is not a good look at present and even his most staunch defenders will struggle to support him much longer.

You're dead right. They are going nowhere. Why would they?

Levy has done a decent job on the football side. We were proper mid table muck for a decade and a half and he's had us at the top table consistently even without trophies. He's also built an incredible stadium and training ground. The rest of the league clearly respects him and I'm sure his ego loves the reputation he has (I know I'd love it). He's never going to see that he's brought it as far as he can.

ENIC are making a mint out of us. They bought us for, what, £45m and we're now worth well over a billion. Why would they get out unless someone comes up with a ridiculous offer? They're here to stay but the evidence of the last 3 years is that they're steering us on a downward trajectory.
As I said, they value us at 3.5b
That’s just mental
But for them to get any money out of their “investment” they need to actually sell
The issue of course is the6 have massively over valued the club IMO with the debt attached to it

£3.5b? Jokers! :D

Imagine though - buying a football club that you purchased for about £50million that you think is now worth £3.5b and not being prepared to dilute any of that £3.45 billion profit to inject some much needed liquidity into the club. We really do have a pair of clams running our club.

£3.5b? Jokers! :D

Imagine though - buying a football club that you purchased for about £50million that you think is now worth £3.5b and not being prepared to dilute any of that £3.45 billion profit to inject some much needed liquidity into the club. We really do have a pair of clams running our club.
I know we have gone over this before but at that price we are over valued by a couple of B IMO
And we haven’t had any obvious opportunity for anyone to buy in which is grim

The Thursday game means almost nothing. We're playing a tin-pot club in a tin-pot competition.

The next 2 PL games are key though. If we lose to Villa at the weekend then things will get toxic in the stadium. The players need to start playing like we are in a relegation battle right now.... Otherwise we really will be in one during the second half of this season.

The thursday game means little on its own, the significance was going into the international break, either with our tail between our legs, or with a slight feeling of optimism.

The thursday game means little on its own, the significance was going into the international break, either with our tail between our legs, or with a slight feeling of optimism.

The more games the players play together the quicker they'll get up to speed with what the tactics are - for that reason I'm happy to see strong sides in Europe/League Cup atm

The Thursday game means almost nothing. We're playing a tin-pot club in a tin-pot competition.

The next 2 PL games are key though. If we lose to Villa at the weekend then things will get toxic in the stadium. The players need to start playing like we are in a relegation battle right now.... Otherwise we really will be in one during the second half of this season.

Yep. West Ham away is our third match and will already be licking their lips.

Villa are playing well but we really need something from that quite desperately.

As I said, they value us at 3.5b
That’s just mental
But for them to get any money out of their “investment” they need to actually sell
The issue of course is the6 have massively over valued the club IMO with the debt attached to it
Who are these 'the6'? :p

Back