• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur - Woolwich tossers

Can't believe how easy they got through our midfield in that first half. One pass and they were at our back 4. Personnel and tactics were all over the place. Too early to be Nuno out for me - seen this so many times before at their place. He does need a result quickly though, lose to Villa and I imagine the stadium will be pretty toxic

I am a huge fan of Dele, but today he was awful. We were not helped by Tanguy having an awful game too. Add PEh not quite being on it and that his the first-half gone. It is now hard to justify Dele and Ndombele getting places ahead of Gil and Skipp. I think Dele has done well personally, but today he was simply not good enough.

I can't blame him or Ndombele for apparently doing what the manager told them to do.
Why we had those two wide and moura trying to run through the middle is a mystery.
I thought peh was GHod awful, worst player on the pitch by a country mile. Never in the right place, gave the ball away a lot and looked totally knackered.

Sigh. I've said it before, but just write this month off, my friends. This isn't Nuno's level - judge him against mid-table sides where he's more up to speed.

Expecting more from this year is just putting yourself through more hurt for no good reason - you all care about the football club far, far more than the decision makers do.

Be well, and don't let Spurs make you miserable - there's lots of things going on in the world today that will do that for you. :p

arsenal are a mid table side

I can't blame him or Ndombele for apparently doing what the manager told them to do.
Why we had those two wide and moura trying to run through the middle is a mystery.
I thought peh was GHod awful, worst player on the pitch by a country mile. Never in the right place, gave the ball away a lot and looked totally knackered.

Agree about PEH - first half was dreadful

What I would like…

nuno isn’t a fit for us and should go… distraught to see us not even have the bottle to play through midfield, that’s not Tottenham.

make us proud? Never been so ashamed of us in all my life.

Hugo is an awful captain, having a gk as captain is dumb. Ditch him and go with Gollini.

drop Kane, he’s mentally shot and since we have put him in it’s been a catastrophe, needs a manager to inspire him, not nuno king of the passive.

figure out a strategy for our midfield, it’s awful.

play the Argentines and get in tanganga as a cb next to Romero…screw Dier and Sanchez.

I am so livid it’s hard to breathe. Transfer windows can’t come soon enough, hate at least 3/4 of this squad.

basically the sort of fans who never actually want any change, who go with the flow and always claim they "back the team" or "back the manager". Pathetic individuals in my opinion.

I back the manager right now because he is who we have. He has made some big mistakes but I think we can safely say that there have been way, way bigger mistakes than him the past two-plus years.

I think we need to make some major decisions but if you think he should be sacked tomorrow because of that, I'd say that was pathetic.

A fair point, and where he tried to win the ball for that foul/second goal was bizarre IMO...problem with Ndombele was that he tried to surge in the first min, gave the ball away and then went into his shell. He either has to take risks or not play.

What I would like…

nuno isn’t a fit for us and should go… distraught to see us not even have the bottle to play through midfield, that’s not Tottenham.

make us proud? Never been so ashamed of us in all my life.

Hugo is an awful captain, having a gk as captain is dumb. Ditch him and go with Gollini.

drop Kane, he’s mentally shot and since we have put him in it’s been a catastrophe, needs a manager to inspire him, not nuno king of the passive.

figure out a strategy for our midfield, it’s awful.

play the Argentines and get in tanganga as a cb next to Romero…screw Dier and Sanchez.

I am so livid it’s hard to breathe. Transfer windows can’t come soon enough, hate at least 3/4 of this squad.

We are all upset tonight Nigey, but with the greatest of respects, this post echos setiments expressed about Poch and then, eventually, Mourinho. I am having trouble gauging what you do want, what would satisfy you?

I back the manager right now because he is who we have. He has made some big mistakes but I think we can safely say that there have been way, way bigger mistakes than him the past two-plus years.

I think we need to make some major decisions but if you think he should be sacked tomorrow because of that, I'd say that was pathetic.

It's more than that Steff. 5 games in a row, we've been fudging dire. We've lost three derbies by a cumulative 9-1. This is pretty dismal and I can buy into the sacking him argument.

I can see the argument for sticking with him. In many ways, it makes sense and would be harsh to fire him now. But, personally, I'd subscribe to the "get him out now" school of thought.

It's more than that Steff. 5 games in a row, we've been fudging dire. We've lost three derbies by a cumulative 9-1. This is pretty dismal and I can buy into the sacking him argument.

I can see the argument for sticking with him. In many ways, it makes sense and would be harsh to fire him now. But, personally, I'd subscribe to the "get him out now" school of thought.

For who?
For what?
We are paying right now for several years of bricky mismanagement from the top.
This is the net result. We should not be shocked, though of course we are - we are supporters and we want to see the green shoots wherever we can. And doubtless we will.
But let's not fool ourselves into thinking this is a quick fix. It is not. we sacked the quickest potential fix we had because a former obsession hitched their knickers and flirted hard and fast, at the same time bedazzling a viewing public with the tantalizing thought they were still Sharon Stone from Basic Instinct when they were actually the old hag from the bathrobe in. room 237 of the Overlook Hotel.

Nuno is not blameless at all, of course not, but equally, he is not the entirety of the problem by a long stretch.

A fair point, and where he tried to win the ball for that foul/second goal was bizarre IMO...problem with Ndombele was that he tried to surge in the first min, gave the ball away and then went into his shell. He either has to take risks or not play.

Peh was so undisciplined it was unreal.
Ndombele would get the ball turn into the middle and there was no support, dele was having to try and beat players going down the line.
I mean wtf was the plan there?
Son and moura were totally isolated.
Im not letting the players off, some of them need to have a real look at themselves, but this mainly on the manager.

Peh was so undisciplined it was unreal.
Ndombele would get the ball turn into the middle and there was no support, dele was having to try and beat players going down the line.
I mean wtf was the plan there?
Son and moura were totally isolated.
Im not letting the players off, some of them need to have a real look at themselves, but this mainly on the manager.

I agree.
The formation was unhelpful but the players -some far more than others- did not help.

For who?
For what?
This is the net result. We should not be shocked, though of course we are - we are supporters and we want to see the green shoots wherever we can. And doubtless we will.
But let's not fool ourselves into thinking this is a quick fix. It is not. we sacked the quickest potential fix we had because a former obsession hitched their knickers and flirted hard and fast, at the same time bedazzling a viewing public with the tantalizing thought they were still Sharon Stone from Basic Instinct when they were actually the old hag from the bathrobe in. room 237 of the Overlook Hotel.

Nuno is not blameless at all, of course not, but equally, he is not the entirety of the problem by a long stretch.

He's certainly not the entirety of the problem and it isn't a quick fix. Pep and Klopp would struggle with this shower.

But Nuno is making things worse. Look at the stats. We've created less than pretty much any team in the league. We've run less than every team in the league. They're very concerning facts. It's not just that we are losing. It's how we are losing.

This fella is out of his depth. Who is the answer? There isn't one to get us back where we want to be. But there are probably dozens who could have us doing better.

We should have strengthened after we lost the champions league final. Instead the squad aged, particularly our defence. We kept so much dead wood that should have been shipped out seasons ago. Add to that our slow decline and we end up buying players between the 20 to 50 mil mark hoping that a couple of them come good. The top players go to the top clubs who play champions league football consistently and pay top wages. And I`m not just talking about premier league teams. Add to that how many academy players have come through in recent years? You can see why Kane wants to leave.
I know circumstances like financing the Stadium build and then coronavirus have severely dented our finances but we should at least be a consistent top 6 club with a few trophies under our belts in the last few years, instead we have come to this dross today. I expected to lose today especially after our last couple of performances. But that weak display in the first half was as bad as I have seen for a good while.

For who?
For what?

This is an excellent post that sums it up for me.

Nuno is not a good manager. He's a bang-average makeweight who is in way over his head, imo - and he's here because he was the cheapest option. Maybe because he was the Mendes option, too.

But sacking him tomorrow fixes nothing, because the truth is, this club's been rotten for a long time - everything percolates from the top, and the top saw us sack the best manager we've had in half a century after refusing to back him, then going all in on an abhorrent c*nt, then choosing the cheapest option in Nuno to replace him.

In an alternate universe, we stuck with Poch when the going was tough, and right now we'd be in Year 3 of the rebuild - back to 2016/2017, when we were unbeatable.

Too late now. The second best thing is to hold on and see what Nuno can do.

He's certainly not the entirety of the problem and it isn't a quick fix. Pep and Klopp would struggle with this shower.

But Nuno is making things worse. Look at the stats. We've created less than pretty much any team in the league. We've run less than every team in the league. They're very concerning facts. It's not just that we are losing. It's how we are losing.

This fella is out of his depth. Who is the answer? There isn't one to get us back where we want to be. But there are probably dozens who could have us doing better.

Sorry mate, that isn't good enough for me personally, I'd like concrete available names before we speak of sacking someone who has been here 5 minutes and had to flush the stench of brick from all corners of the club.

The running stats bother me the most
Creativity doenst. Look at Leicester and the players they have to see how the stats can mislead (although we don’t have a creative CM)
But running is work, abs work takes effort
Dele did it first 3 games and the whole team did. You can carry one player not ruining hard but not two. Dele today was poor again but at least he has good games in his bag. Tanguy was Harry winks with brick hair. He was really bad, yet someone will make a highlight video of his game. We cannot carry passengers. Poch worked that out and I think Nuno is referring to his decisions with certain players today being what cost us

Back