1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Woolwich Wanderers

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Daisuk, 30 Nov 2018.

?

Man of the match

Poll closed 4 Dec 2018.
  1. Son

40.0%
  2. Alli

32.0%
  3. Davies

8.0%
  4. Eriksen

20.0%
  1. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Steffen Iversen

Gomes? He's a Jorge Mendes client so ZERO chance we go for him, even if he is considered good enough

2. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Tom Huddlestone

The same player we had a deal with whilst he was at Barca?

3. glorygloryeze

Who are you talking about? Andre Gomes?

I'm pretty sure i've read in several places that Levy has vowed never to buy a Mendes player after the Moutinho 3rd-party fiasco and the general way Mendes can make trouble for clubs via his players.

4. scaramanga

scaramanga Les Howe Staff Member

:confused:

He's similar to Eriksen in the way that Llorente is similar to Kane.

5. harr1984

harr1984 Alf Ramsey

Not saying hes as good as him, but of a very good level in the same sort of role. Eye for a pass, clever player, scores goals, better than Eriksen from what Ive seen at set pieces too....

6. glorygloryeze

You think Siggi could work in a Poch team, with the work ethic Poch demands??

glasgowspur likes this.
  7. scaramanga

...and in a similar way to Eriksen?

glorygloryeze likes this.
  8. glorygloryeze

I think people have crazily short memories when it comes to some of the players that have left us in recent years..o_O

thfcsteff, Kandi1977 and scaramanga like this.
  9. scaramanga

People also hugely underestimate just how good Eriksen is. He'd walk into pretty much any team in the world - you can't just bargain shop for a backup/replacement for players like him.

10. harr1984

harr1984 Alf Ramsey

Well Poch seems to think so?! Have you watched him at Everton? He's does plenty of running, hes not a luxury player. People talk as if you have to be some sort of superhuman to have the required work ethic under Poch. Yes we work hard but so do plenty of other teams, its not like we even cover the most distance as a team in the PL.....

11. glorygloryeze

I've indeed watched Everton; decent team. they have been a step below us in terms of quality and workrate. Siggi hasn't stood out from the rest in terms of workrate and as much as Poch might admire Siggi i'm not sure he'd be keen for Levy to blow what cash we have on a player like him who often goes missing when the going gets rough and isn't even a patch on Eriksen when it comes to creativity, workrate AND the ability to step us when it counts in big games.
    There was a reason he left in the first place..

12. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Tom Huddlestone

Maybe but it was a deal expected to go through a few windows ago

13. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Jermaine Jenas

Siggi is a typical Tottenham player of the past, one we looked too to highlight a dull a dreary game with a bit of magic, a player that reminded us why we love the game and support the club we do a clud that aspires to play the game to entertain.
    Thankfully we don't need that kind of player anymore, he's the past, let's leave him there.

glorygloryeze likes this.
  14. harr1984

harr1984 Alf Ramsey

He left in the first place because Poch was told by the club he was being sold when they was on an American tour and hed picked him for first game, Poch didnt have a say - he clearly states this. Goes missing when the going gets rough? When was this then? Must of been pre Poch. Poch has improved the meteorology of many who were already at the club when he turned up. Its Poch himself who described Siggy as the 'perfect player for him' not me. I never said he was as good as Eriksen but hes a more than able deputy....

15. BrainOfLevy

BrainOfLevy Justin Edinburgh

I don’t think Siggy ever hard a problem with work rate at all, more the different meteorology compared to our players today. I think the pressure of needing to perform week in week out, and when the team isn’t set out to move around him like Swansea, meant he struggled to really break through for us. But a real talent and always worked hard.

nayenezgani and galeforce like this.
  16. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Gudni Bergsson

He'd strengthen the squad though...

17. parklane1

parklane1 Dimitar Berbatov

Always like Siggy, he was played out of position here mostly and was still fairly young when he left. He has since gone on to prove himself to be a very good player now.

18. 90291Spur

90291Spur Alf Ramsey

Just listened to the guardian football weekly and they had Gooner Amy Laurence on bleating that the Arsenal were tired from their exertions in beating Spurs (and then she said "I had to get that one in') so didn't perform as well abasing Manure. I didn't notice her analysis that the Arse game was our THIRD intense game in 8 days.

SteveAWOL and Spur of the moment like this.