• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Woolwich Wanderers

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally, I enjoy watching Spurs games keeping company with a friend or three, having a bevvie and joking and gabbing away as the game is going on.

Not these big derbies or top four clashes, though. This entire week of huge games will be watched strictly on my own. I might go for an early morning skate down at the newly-frozen ice rink with my dear wife, who will walk home with me afterward then, sensibly, abandon our house before kickoff.

I'm too tense and paying too much attention to the details to be idly socializing or losing focus. Or to be in any way companionable. The game will be PVRed in case we win so I can double my pleasure. Or occasionally reviewed after we lose so I know who to properly blame.

Don't have any real superstitions other than the belief that I should enjoy quality food and wine while watching. It'll be a breakfast time kickoff here, so it will be melted cheese and Black Forest ham with an over easy fried egg - broken yolk, just nicely firmed - on toast, with sliced avocado on the side, and a bowl of premium mixed, salted nuts and a glass of lovely 2014 Monastrell red wine from Spain.

And if we win, same again for the replay.

COYS. Fatten me up.

Last edited:
I suspect Poch will go with our most recent and successful 4-2-3-1 setup, (and I won't be disappointed if he does) however I can't help thinking going with a back 3 incl. Dier who can step out, could help contain their front two especially if lacazette is fit to play alongside Auba and flood the mid.

Just throwing it out there :)

----------Lloris---------------
-----Toby-Dier-Verts--------
-Aurier-Winks-Dele-Rose--
--------Erik-+-Son-----------
-----------Kane--------------

Bench: Gazza, Davies, Foyth, Sissoko, Lamela, Moura, Llorente

After such a forgettable time with Spurs, kinda nice to recall that Darren Bent had a poacher's instinct with that second goal.

Bentley's opening goal from fully 40 yards out, though, is something else.

Not only did he truly mean to do this, he was following on from pre-match advice from coach Clive Allen who had highlighted to the team that the keeper had a tendency to come well off his line when the ball was upfield and to look for long-range shooting opportunities. Bentley carefully controlled it and, when you watch - and re-watch and re-re-watch - the replay, it's clear there was only one thing on his mind.

Follow Clive Allen's advice. Such a great moment.

Our third goal might be the absolute pinnacle of Jenas' time with Spurs. Sublime finish.

But the impact of the equalizer is something that you had to be there in the moment to fully appreciate. This was hugeness personified. A season about to turn round and you could absolutely feel, taste and smell it. Yes, I was sat at a TV set five time zones to the west as the game unfolded. But when Aaron Lennon alertly nipped in to tap home the final goal, I went as fully berserk as that loony fan who embraced Lennon on the pitch. Lord, how I envied him.

This is one of my all-time favourite derbies. 'Arry's second match at the helm after the '8 games, 2 points' debacle. On the scoreboard, it was a 4-4 draw, clawing back from two goals down and Arsenal handed a real chance to put Spurs in a world of hurt.

Instead, in real life, this was a crushing moral victory - an absolute rallying point - for a Spurs team battling their way out of trouble and, eventually under 'Arry, on to its first Champions League appearance. And what a time that was, eh? We have done nothing but progress solidly onward from here. Arsenal? Not so much.

Football archeologists will one day proclaim that this game is when the commencement of the full recovery of belief and initiative displayed by today's Tottenham Hotspur started. To say nothing of where and when the restoration of football's true Norf London Lineage began. Thank you Arsenal.

Last edited:
Such a weird time of year

On Thursday we could be 9 clear of them or 3 behind

We will win today if we take our chances today, we will create chances against them but we can’t be wasteful.

I can see this being high scoring 4-2 or something as both have great forwards.

The pundits are saying that we are better. Our players are are talking us up. It's been a great week, even Emery is saying we are better.

2-0 to them

Plus spurs fans giving Durham brick on Twitter all week will back fire.

You knows it.

Far too many are far too confident. They'll be up for it, and they rested the entire first team on Thursday. I have a sneaking feeling we won't win this.

Draw.

We'll also be in rotation, an eye on the barca game - who's the three on the bench I wonder ? my uneducated guess :

Lloris
Aurier-Toby-Jan-Davies
Alli-Eriksen-Lamela-Moura
Kane

bench : Gazza, foyth, rose, winks, dier, sissoko (rested for barca), llorente

Far too many are far too confident. They'll be up for it, and they rested the entire first team on Thursday. I have a sneaking feeling we won't win this.

Jack-Nicholson-YES-horny.gif

Draw.

We'll also be in rotation, an eye on the barca game - who's the three on the bench I wonder ? my uneducated guess :
That's 9 days away with Saints & Leicester before it

He needs to play his best eleven for the game today, this is a massive chance to really put some distance between us and the chasing pack for 4th

Draw.

Lloris
Aurier-Toby-Jan-Davies
Alli-Eriksen-Lamela-Moura
Kane

bench : Gazza, foyth, rose, winks, dier, sissoko (rested for barca), llorente

I think that you are right, they are so brick that we could beat them starting with ten men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back