• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs WOOLWICH ARSEnal****

10zv5te.jpg

They really tried their hardest to get to him that day :/

Really miss the days when we used to be the best team in FA Cup. Other teams used to hate playing us as we had such an amazing record in Cup matches. But it has been 23 years since we last won the FA Cup in 1991 for a record 8th time. Since then it has been dominated by the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and ManU. Annoyingly we have not even made it to any FA Cup final since then, losing out in 6 semi finals, 2 of them to Arsenal. Wish we can win back the FA Cup this season. It is really tough to play Arsenal away in the 3rd round. But hope we will step up and go all the way to win it.

This will be the first real test for Sherwood as the Spurs manager. Playing ManU were not as tough as it used to be. But Arsenal wil be totally different. They are on very good form this season. They are beatable but they will have the home advantage surely. But we did trouble them in the league match earlier in the season. Surely, the players need no motivation for this match. We not only need to beat them to progress in the FA Cup but we also need to get revenge for that defeat and also due to our rivalry.

Not sure we can trust Adebayor in this match. He might be fired up too much against Arsenal and might do something stupid again. He was stupidly got red carded against Arsenal last season, just a few minutes after scoring. That caused us to get humiliated 5-2. So you have to be worried about him doing something stupid like that again. I think Arsenal fans can easily provoke him as he is hot tempered. I would prefer to start Soldado and bring on Adebayor later. But if he does start, hope Adebayor won't do something stupid again. We need goals from him not stupid gamemanship. Don't expect too many chances in this match, so hope we will make use of any chance we get.

Without a doubt, this match will be won or lost in midfield. Our midfield really need to step up as Arsenal have so many good midfielders. We will badly miss Sandro if he is not fit. Hope we play the same midfield that played against ManU, with Dembele and Capoue in the centre midfield. Both Lennon and Eriksen did well against ManU. Hope they will be up for this match again. Sigurdsson has been very poor lately but somehow feel he will be very usefull in this match, if he gets to play. Similiarly, want to see Lamela get some playing time as he has not played much recently.

You can't help but worried about our defence in this match. Without Vertonghen's experience and calmness, we look vulnerable in defence. Dawson and Chiriches did well against ManU but not sure if they can handle the constant pressure from attack-minded teams like Arsenal. Getting a bit uneasy about Lloris in recent matches. Lloris doesn't looks as assured in goal as he was last season. He is making too many errors like coming out too early to confront the opposing players. Hope he can have a error-free game as that will help calm our defence. It will be a great achivement if we somehow keep a clean sheet in this match.

I think we can judge Sherwood's capabilty as manager on how we play in this match. He will become a Spurs legend if he can get us to beat Arsenal at their place. But there will be questions asked of his ability if we don't get a respectable performance and result in this match. Can see this being a tough match for us. Just hope we will turn up, play well and win !

Last edited:
I think this will be a proper NLD cup tie, and be blood and thunder excitement and grit for 70mins.

The last 20 will decide who wins, and probably see Wengers experience show through.

Any official team news yet ?

Feeling nervous already. Don't want to expect too much from this game. But we have been excellent in away matches since last season. So, there is no reason why we cannot beat Arsenal at their place. This is Sherwood's first match against Arsenal as a manager. Hope he will do something to remember it positively for a long time. Will be very disappointed if we don't get atleast a draw in this match.

Sounds strange, and no doubt it might be different come 5pm tonight, but right now havent got the usual pre-match nerves.

Think it might be a combination of last weeks win at OT taking a little pressure off us (going back to the debate of if we could win one of the two games, which would you choose), and the fact, in my view, each outcome had its own benefits, so to speak.

We win, obviously the elation of a victory over the old enemy
A draw, we get a 2nd shot at a win, although it means an additonal game to a currently threadbare squad (in all honesty my least favoured option, I would rather it be sorted tonight one way or the other)
A defeat, although very disappointing, would at least give us some free dates to get players back, less chance of picking up injuries and more oppurtunity to concentrate on finishing 4th/EL glory

Completely agree. I expect nothing of this match. If we win that's a bonus.

Copy pasted from the injuries thread (credit to Jordinho)

Tim on team news: "Jermain, Lewis and Andros are all back in training, which is good news. I spoke to Ade after United and he said he cramped up in all areas, but thankfully it has settled down and he's ready to perform. Sandro and Younes will hopefully be back in training next week."

Erik (thigh), Kyle Naughton (ankle, hamstring), Paulinho (ankle), Gylfi (calf) and Jan (ankle) are all out.

--------------------

Assuming that all of them are unavailable to start we're rather short on options. Would expect a team very similar to the one we sent out against United.

Capoue and Dembele or whoever plays centrally will have a massive job to do. Would be interesting to see us go to a more 4-3-3 looking formation, but either way our central midfield will have to do well.

Sherwood mentioned the importance of keeping possession in an interview, he said after the United game that we hadn't done well enough in that regard and I think he's said something similar after previous games. Will be interesting to see how he sets us up to keep us from giving it back too easily.

Sherwood on Ade....................(from BBC)

Striker Emmanuel Adebayor is fit again after being taken off on a stretcher against Manchester United on Wednesday.
Tottenham's new manager Tim Sherwood said: "How important will Adebayor be tomorrow [Saturday]? It's huge.
"I think if Arsene Wenger saw him limping off at Old Trafford, I'm sure there were a lot of pleased Arsenal fans and management and players.
"But, unfortunately, he's going to be walking out against them on Saturday.
"It didn't look great did it when he came off on that stretcher but he is a warrior. There is no holding him back at the moment."

Nice words from Sherwood....basically telling arsenal to watch out, Big Ade's about.

Worry about Walcott today. Slower players than him have been getting released in behind us. Centrally he could do damage, but also running that channel from the centre to behind Chiriches to receive a ball played between Vlad and our LB (Vlad does need to work on this as it has been a notable weakness)

Sounds strange, and no doubt it might be different come 5pm tonight, but right now havent got the usual pre-match nerves.

Think it might be a combination of last weeks win at OT taking a little pressure off us (going back to the debate of if we could win one of the two games, which would you choose), and the fact, in my view, each outcome had its own benefits, so to speak.

We win, obviously the elation of a victory over the old enemy
A draw, we get a 2nd shot at a win, although it means an additonal game to a currently threadbare squad (in all honesty my least favoured option, I would rather it be sorted tonight one way or the other)
A defeat, although very disappointing, would at least give us some free dates to get players back, less chance of picking up injuries and more oppurtunity to concentrate on finishing 4th/EL glory

Agreed, I haven't got the nerves really because it's a cup game. For years we've been on the cusp of something great, but it's always been reliant on a top 4 league finish. I get the most nerves when we are playing a top 4 rival at home in the league, because I know we can win if we play well and the ball bounces our way, and it's also the best chance of creating an advantage.

Today, I'm just going to enjoy the ride. I would be hugely proud of our club if we could win the cup but so many things need to happen before we can get there. I'd be more nervous at the quarter and semi final stages but right now, I think we can play without pressure...and funnily enough that may play into our hands.

Bag of nerves here boys. Off to the pub soon to get ****ed up so that said nerves evaporate, then to the Library.

Always tough to predict these in any competitions, cos it's cup and both teams have injuries it's that little bit more unpredictable. I'd lose my left gonad* if it meant we battered them though to be fair!

COYS

If I could pick the team:

--------------Lloris--------------
Walker--Dawson--Chiriches--Rose
-------------Capoue-------------
--------Eriksen--Dembele--------
Lennon--------------------Chadli
-----------Adebayor------------

We need to avoid going behind early like we did there in the league, having to face an Arsenal team that can comfortably sit back and counter attack is terrible news. A strong 3 man midfield that should allow us to keep possession a bit better whilst both Eriksen and Dembele can get up to support the front 4 would be good I think. Soldado to come on if we need to change it.

Won't mind a 4-4-2 though, particularly if Sherwood feels he can get another United-esque performance out of Adebayor. The fact that he had run himself into the ground after about an hour says something about just how big an ask that is and I'm not sure if it's likely that he will last any longer today if asked to play a similar role. I would rather have the option of changing it later on if we need to rather than being likely to be forced to changing it later on. With Defoe and Kane the likely striking options on the bench we don't really have a good replacement for Ade if he runs out of steam so we would be forced to change it if he comes off again.

BdJBwDfCAAE4cQE.jpg

They do love a banner.

I couldnt care less what time our manager or players support, I would prefer if they all supported Spurs as a kid but it not the end of the world if they followed other teams including Arsenal. As long as they give their all when they play for Spurs thats fine with me.

I'm pretty sure we could easily dig up quotes from Ade about how great Arsenal is. I'm not sure he'd still feel that way now though....

I couldnt care less what time our manager or players support, I would prefer if they all supported Spurs as a kid but it not the end of the world if they followed other teams including Arsenal. As long as they give their all when they play for Spurs thats fine with me.

Completely agree... how many players and Managers actually work for the club they support? Wasnt Ledley King a Millwall fan or something?

Back