• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs WOOLWICH ARSEnal****

Reckon it'll be

Lloris

Walker
Dawson
Chiriches
Rose

Lennon
Capoue/Bentaleb
Dembele
Eriksen

Soldado
Adebayor

I would this, with Bentaleb getting the hope the nod over Capoue. The subs bench is a a different kettle of fish, might just be a case of can we cobble together another 7 fit players.

Subs?? Friedel,Fredericks,Veljkovic(or Fryers),Capoue,Chadli,Kane,McEvoy

Would have included Shaq on the bench but I have just seen he has gone on loan to Orient

Anyone concerned by the fact that Walcott may play up top and cause our defense issues? We will have to play deep, either that or Lloris is going to come out a few times and WILL get sent off methinks.

Lloris will hopefully have a quiet game tomorrow but unfortunately it seems unlikely. Makes me nervous as **** now and his dreadful distribution will play right in to Arsenal's hands as they're not going to be giving up the ball easily.

Lloris will hopefully have a quiet game tomorrow but unfortunately it seems unlikely. Makes me nervous as **** now and his dreadful distribution will play right in to Arsenal's hands as they're not going to be giving up the ball easily.

this........

If Hugo decided for a career change and he took up wrestling.....he would walk to the ring in bright orange pants and his theme tune would be Dizzie Rascal's 'Bonkers'

I agree with Paxton, I really hope to see Bentaleb get a full 90 tomorrow.

I haven't read back but do people not think Brad will play? Or would that be too 'Andre' for TS?

I really really hope we don't go 1 down after just 30 seconds. If we survive that we'll have a chance. Lol

He has been a lucky boy recently. I wouldn't mind Brad being given the nod.

Brad and Lloris is like being between a rock and a hardplace . One comes out for everything within 35 yrds and the other wont leave his line. They both make soil my pants too often but if it was my call id keep Lloris for this game

coys

I just want my Hugo back.....minus the brain-guffs!

I think this is a bit of a myth to be honest. Sure he looked unsteady in his first couple of matches after coming back, but he has been very solid recently.

Before anyone bemoans his punching... He has always relied on it due to his size and his 'continental' style of goalkeeping. He is not big nor powerful enough to come and catch the ball every time or to stay on his line - I would much rather have him careering out than Friedel rooted to the spot as he watches the opponent nod into the far corner.

Also, has his distribution really been that much worse than normal? (Genuine question, I haven't picked up on it but if someone has some passing maps that would be handy).

He has been a lucky boy recently. I wouldn't mind Brad being given the nod.

:ross:

It is Lloris' style to look like a 'lucky boy'. The fact is he hasn't been punished, because he plays his role very well. Obviously sometimes he mis-judges as for Lambert's goal for Southampton, but the amount of goals Friedel was at least part responsible for when he played every week under Harry was horrific.

It being less noticeable doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Obviously it looks rather more worse when Lloris is caught 20 yards out of goal and the opponent scores/is fouled than when Friedel concedes a pathetic corner because he couldn't get up to clear it.

Lloris is more than a keeper anyway, he gives us and 11th outfield player, a man who can shut down the gap left behind the defence when we bomb forward. He allows us to play 'Audere Est Facere' football. Arsenal would score for fun if we played like that with Friedel in goal... they are excellent at breaking the offside trap (see Giroud goal vs us this year), and while a sweeper keeper like Lloris doesn't always prevent these sorts of goals, Lloris has proven time and time again this season that this sort of keeper stops 'nailed on' goals where the striker is clean through against the keeper.

Moreover, with several posters on here bemoaning the performances of our defenders (myself included), how on earth do you expect changing one of the few consistent parts of our team in the big matches is going to improve matters?

Tim said in his press conf that Ade is playing tomorrow and we're going in strong. Good.

10zv5te.jpg

Sounds strange, and no doubt it might be different come 5pm tonight, but right now havent got the usual pre-match nerves.

Think it might be a combination of last weeks win at OT taking a little pressure off us (going back to the debate of if we could win one of the two games, which would you choose), and the fact, in my view, each outcome had its own benefits, so to speak.

We win, obviously the elation of a victory over the old enemy
A draw, we get a 2nd shot at a win, although it means an additonal game to a currently threadbare squad (in all honesty my least favoured option, I would rather it be sorted tonight one way or the other)
A defeat, although very disappointing, would at least give us some free dates to get players back, less chance of picking up injuries and more oppurtunity to concentrate on finishing 4th/EL glory

Back