• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs WOOLWICH ARSEnal****

Wenger: "After that, what he did was not offensive. It's a reaction that didn't offend anybody. I have seen the pictures and I think it doesn't even look aggressive, he is smiling."

Throwing coins at him was a pretty stupid thing to do, but I wouldn't call it non-offensive.
Nice piece of defensive work by Wenger there, but it wound me and pretty much everybody around me at the ground up something rotten. So clearly some of us were offended by it. His "smile" just made it all the worse. At the time I just wanted to knock his block off.

Ah well.

If that's my enduring memory of this game - and it basically is, because it wasn't much of a game in my view - I can live with it.

Have all teams that lost at the Effemerates lacked bite and winning mentality? Or its just our issue?

- Bentaleb tried to stamp on Monreals hand.
- Soldado tried to kick the cun1 out of wiltshire - shame its too deeply ingrained
- Ade, would have loved to have broken one of their players in half had he not got a red last time out
- Dembele did his best to upset and even threw a backwards headbut at wiltshire

By comparison arsenal played quick precise passing football and finished two chances. I didn't see them display much bite, bar maybe wiltshire reacting to Dembele. What won this game? Bite, aggression, mentality...or fitness and footballing ability?

As for the fans? WALOB They were throwing pound coins at a player shoving the score line down their throat. Yeah they accept defeat readily. I guess relegated side go down because there is not enough desire.

Chronic oversimplification!

Last edited:
Not sure why people would be offended by walnutts gesture.

I have always maintained - if us fans can ****in give it - then ****in take it.

You cant go up to a guy punch him then dont expect a punch back and if the other guy does throw a punch you cant just go to the cops - ****in hell

You cant go up to a guy punch him then dont expect a punch back and if the other guy does throw a punch you cant just go to the cops - ****in hell

Exactly. We'd be lauding Bale had he done it to them after beating them. Fair play, he's a **** but what can you do. Just have to bide our time until we beat them. Then he'll get it

Tbh, i doubt if there were all that many that got overly offended by Walcott's gesture. I think it's more of a case of people being aware, or sub-consciously aware, of the overly PC world we now live in and trying to take advantage of that to get him suspended.

If I were baycott I would have done the same.
And Yeah, if you give it, you have to takeit. That's part of the reason for giving it in the first place.

Danny Rose just isn't good enough. He's average at best defensively but he isn't even that good going forward to compensate for it. The club must see something in him but I struggle to see what, especially when we have a far better defender and superior football in Ekotto playing on loan for a Championship club, it's baffling.

Danny Rose just isn't good enough. He's average at best defensively but he isn't even that good going forward to compensate for it. The club must see something in him but I struggle to see what, especially when we have a far better defender and superior football in Ekotto playing on loan for a Championship club, it's baffling.

Absolutely

I'm not sure honestly. The relationship between opposition fans and players has always been a case (in my eyes) that the players rise above it and let their football do the talking. By taunting the fans he's lowered himself to the same level. I think the best players in the world would've just had a little chuckle and smiled, knowing that no matter what, they have had the last laugh. Walcott on the other hand has taken the chance to twist the knife, so its bound to have angered everyone. He goads the fans everytime he scores against us anyway. I remember the 3-3 at WHL when VdV brought it back to 1-1 and he went mental in his celebration impersonating Walcott's little gesture to the Spurs fans.

Last edited:
I can't say with any certainty, but I presume because TS doesn't rate Capoue and his comment a few weeks ago about him getting a bonus for every debut one of the youth players gets is true. Bentaleb is a decent prospect but it looked like the occasion got the better of him today.

Can anybody tell me why we started with Bentelab instead of Capoue.

Ta

Here's why. Last time out Capoue couldn't retain possession. Bentelab was much better when he replaced him.

pDVWViS.jpg

IpzeuaM.jpg

=D>=D>=D>

What's more, I'll bet the heroes who threw coins at Walnut feel brave and clever. f ucking numpty pussies!

This. I've not trusted him for a few seasons, though i do admit a major portion of that was dumped on me at Villa Park 'that' day, the fool!

Back