• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs WOOLWICH ARSEnal****

F*ckityf*ck! I had high hopes for this game until I saw who had started the OMT.

All of a sudden Tim has given me some hope for this one!!

I think The Arsenal's major weak spot is the defender who actually seems to hold them together: Mertersacker.

He seems to recognise he has little pace and therefore takes a step in mind and makes sure he has the runners like Arteta, Sagna and Gibbs not too far away, whilst Koscielny mops up around him if need be. I'd be more confident if they had Koscielny with Vermaelen; whilst Vermaelen is much more mobile, he always rushes into tackles and leaves the defence much more exposed, especially when the opposition are on a break. You'll notice how good Arsenal's defence has been since they lost to us in March and their defensive shortcoming, especially his ones, were brutally highlighted.

So with that we have to hope and pray we have a fit and functioning Ade playing in this one. If we play him with Soldado I hope Soldado makes as many deep and wide runs as he has been lately. We'll need to support our midfield in this one and keep their defence on their toes, who for me still leave ample opportunities on the break if a team plays smart and knows when to make the right runs.
Lamela and his mazy dribbles and runs could be key in this one as well, but perhaps as the game wears on and some of their players begin to tire.

I'd go with:

Lloris

Walker Dawson Chiriches Rose

Lennon Dembele Capoue/Bentelab Eriksen

Ade

Soldado

If Ade is not fit:

Lloris

Walker Dawson Chiriches Rose

Lennon Dembele Holtby Eriksen

Lamela

Soldado

Work with a fair few Gooners and close to that DeathStar, so COYS!!! [-o<

We will win. Last game. Wenger outfoxed AVB. He set up his team to perfectly counter AVB's game plan.

Now with Tim'riffic in charge, Wenger won't know what to do.

3-2 to us. Adebayor hat trick.

We will win. Last game. Wenger outfoxed AVB. He set up his team to perfectly counter AVB's game plan.

Now with Tim'riffic in charge, Wenger won't know what to do.

3-2 to us. Adebayor hat trick.

Interesting. How do you think Wenger did this? I must say it did feel like we had more of the ball but they had more clear-cut chances.
I've never seen Wenger actively get outplayed (possession-wise) at home

Wenger's Words of wisdom???

feck off..... its all about 'Tims Teamtalk'

The days leading up to the third round fa cup tie had been a mixture of emotions for Tim Sherwood, Head Coach of Tottenham Hotspur. He had allowed himself no more and no less the evening of the Old Trafford triumph to thoroughly enjoy a satisfying victory over Manchester United. The coach journey back to the hotel from the theatre of dreams had been particulary memorable, The squad was in great form and they virtually laughed the whole way, shouting themselves hoarse in the process. What was pleasing for Tim was that players like Christian Eriksen who had seemed such a shy and reserved lad seemed to be breaking out of his shell,no doubt buzzing from the invidual contribution he had made to the win. Christian had walked right up to where Tim was sitting up with Les and asked in a loud carrying voice: 'Boss, you want us to win on Saturday?.....Walker says you are Arsenal fan...and have tattoo but he doesnt know where!' at this Tim stood up hand on hips looking young Mr Eriksen straight in the eye with a grin on his face, 'Does he now' said Tim in a booming voice' the coach suddenly became deathly silent, Tim continued 'Well you can tell that little pri*k that my tattoo is very close to my ars*ho*e! and if he wants a close look then I am more than happy to shove it in his face!' Tim sat back down to find Les Ferdinand grinning at him, the rest of the squad had erupted in laughter. Yes team spirit was on a high, the squad was enjoying each others company and this was all part of what Tim wanted to achieve,he wanted them to express themselves on and off the pitch, the early signs were promising, the only difficulty was coaxing young Erik Lamela, who didnt need a wonderful grasp of English, Tim knew that he was bitterly disapointed not to have been involved, Tim was sympathetic and ensured Erik that his day would come.

Tim spent quality time in the hotel with his coaching staff going over the finer aspects of the game, they couldnt help but laugh after seeing David Moyes post match referee rant, the fear and madness that Tim had suspected on meeting him in that corridor had come to fruition, his eyes looked a little mad, again he confided with his coaches his thoughts that David would always struggle while Sir Alex Ferguson cast such a large shadow over proceedings. After much debate regarding a potential first team for Saturday it was time to call it a day and head home. Tim said his goodbyes to his coaching staff (the players had long departed) and he had a nice long drive to go over all of the finer aspects of a great day,he enjoyed a quiet drink at home with his wife having a period of time not discussing or thinking about football was a welcome break from a mad day. Later on he got into bed and closed his eyes savouring again a satisfying win, he told himself that when he woke up the game would be forgotten as the next battle needed careful planning and he needed to focus,there was still much to be done.

Thursday came and Tim arrived at Spurs lodge nice and early, the squad was due to discuss the game and then go through a recovery session. Tim spent most of the day worrying about Emmanuel Adebayor and whether he would be fit for Saturday, he was also alarmed that some of the squad seemed to have let off even more steam on the night of the victory, there was too many blearey eyed players struggling to pay attention for his liking, the one good thing about Thursday was that he received positive news regarding Jan Vertonghen and Sandro they would be ready to train from next week and had a good chance of being ready for the Crystal Palace fixture.

Friday the squad trained in the morning and the plans for potential success over their North London rivals had been explained to the players. Tim had stressed the importance of focus and concentration and of working hard to try and complete a memorable week. The afternoon was all about the press conference where again Tim spoke of the efforts of the squad and of his desire for his squad to remain focused for a challenging FA cup tie.

And so Saturday came and once again Tim found himself standing before his players determined to say the right words to get the best out of his troops. Earlier that day Tim had resisted the temptation to headbutt the annoying Arsenal Mascot. The man in the ridculous green dinosaur costume had mimed punching him shortly after exiting the coach, he had also met Monsieur Wenger and noted the difference between him and David, Arsene had been very polite and had oozed confidence, Tim was not overawed but he respected Arsene Wenger for his achievements and obviously for how well and consistent his team had been. Tim was determined to beat him, if he pulled off a win here he would be exactly in the position that he had wanted to be in the day he had been confirmed as Head Coach by Daniel Levy, everything was geared to establishing himself and leaving Daniel with no option other than to back him.

The team was ready, tracksuit tops on, sitting on benches looking up expectantly at Tim........

'Lads you have done us all proud with your efforts over the Christmas Period!' It seems unfair of us to keep demanding more from you when you have already been excellent proffesionals and given us everything you have in the last few weeks' 'But life isnt fair and I must ask you all to give me and my coaching staff, the fans of this club another fuc*ing peformance today'. 'Wednesday was amazing but top sides only dwell on their achievements for five minutes before focusing on the next game whilst having a burning passion to prove themselves all over again'

Tim sat down facing his players the palms of his hands face down on the bench beside him.

'You all know what you have to do, what you have to give! go out and prove that you are not fuc*ing bothered by their cauldron of hate' 'Go and show them we are a team that fights for each other'

The signal was given and the squad of Tottenham Hotspur fc walked to the matchday tunnel ready to do battle and entertain the world in a famous FA Cup Third round Tie.

The cups will be interesting for me, will we continue to put out what is effectively our first team for FA and Europa?

I think in this case, TS has no choice, we have to play our best team.

The cups will be interesting for me, will we continue to put out what is effectively our first team for FA and Europa?

I think in this case, TS has no choice, we have to play our best team.

I agree.

Might be some rotation with a packed fixture list. Dembele has been involved a lot, is he ready for another 90 minutes? Lennon back from injury not that long ago, do we risk it and play him again? If Ade is in contention, do we risk him?

I would like to see some fresh legs, but with our injury problems our options are somewhat limited.

If Ade is out I would like to see Lamela just behind or next to Soldado. Would be some game to give Bentaleb his first start in, but it probably makes more sense to play Dembele and Capoue if they're both fit. Dembele's persistent injury problems worries me a bit, but with Paulinho and Sandro most likely out he's close to undroppable.

Can't wait for this game, nervous, but excited, but nervous, but excited, but nervous, but excited...

------------------------------Lloris------------------------------

Walker-------------Dawson---------Chiriches------------Rose

Chadli--------------Capoue---------Holtby---------------Eriksen

-----------------------Soldado-------Lamela--------------------

Not too worried about this game, partly because the FA Cup has become so devalued and partly because we're expected by the media to lose.

I would pick as near as possible to same 11 as v Man U, partly as a reward, partly as we'll be playing on teh counter again and partly to build an understanding.

------------------------------Lloris------------------------------

Walker-------------Dawson---------Chiriches------------Rose

Chadli--------------Capoue---------Holtby---------------Eriksen

-----------------------Soldado-------Lamela--------------------

errr why no Lennon or Dembele? I dont see any reason to rest players given that we have a 1 week break after this game before we play Palace

I couldnt care less tbh.....its a tough draw, away to the PL leaders and our biggest rivals, plus weve got a massive injury list. If we lose then so be it, we concentrate on the PL and the EL

This. It really is a no lose situation for me.

Interesting. How do you think Wenger did this? I must say it did feel like we had more of the ball but they had more clear-cut chances.
I've never seen Wenger actively get outplayed (possession-wise) at home

My personal take - no agenda I promise - is that Wenger sussed out that our way of playing relied on the other team coming out to play. So in the second half they just didn't and ended the game with 4 full backs on the pitch iirc. Martinez and Moutinho also got this, made the necessary adjustments at half time, and Everton and Chelsea were much better against us in the second half when our game plan was exposed.

The way we were set up and our whole way of playing relied on exploiting space in the enemies lines. That is why we were better away from home when teams felt obliged to attack us in front of their own fans and why we were so **** poor at home against teams parking the bus.

That is the way I saw it anyhow.

My personal take - no agenda I promise - is that Wenger sussed out that our way of playing relied on the other team coming out to play. So in the second half they just didn't and ended the game with 4 full backs on the pitch iirc. Martinez and Moutinho also got this, made the necessary adjustments at half time, and Everton and Chelsea were much better against us in the second half when our game plan was exposed.

The way we were set up and our whole way of playing relied on exploiting space in the enemies lines. That is why we were better away from home when teams felt obliged to attack us in front of their own fans and why we were so **** poor at home against teams parking the bus.

That is the way I saw it anyhow.

I think that the key change during the game was he got Cazorla to tuck in and give them a numerical advantage in the middle. Other than that I agree with what you are saying, they let us have the ball, sat back and hit us on the break with pace.

Wenger's Words of wisdom???

feck off..... its all about 'Tims Teamtalk'

The days leading up to the third round fa cup tie had been a mixture of emotions for Tim Sherwood, Head Coach of Tottenham Hotspur. He had allowed himself no more and no less the evening of the Old Trafford triumph to thoroughly enjoy a satisfying victory over Manchester United. The coach journey back to the hotel from the theatre of dreams had been particulary memorable, The squad was in great form and they virtually laughed the whole way, shouting themselves hoarse in the process. What was pleasing for Tim was that players like Christian Eriksen who had seemed such a shy and reserved lad seemed to be breaking out of his shell,no doubt buzzing from the invidual contribution he had made to the win. Christian had walked right up to where Tim was sitting up with Les and asked in a loud carrying voice: 'Boss, you want us to win on Saturday?.....Walker says you are Arsenal fan...and have tattoo but he doesnt know where!' at this Tim stood up hand on hips looking young Mr Eriksen straight in the eye with a grin on his face, 'Does he now' said Tim in a booming voice' the coach suddenly became deathly silent, Tim continued 'Well you can tell that little pri*k that my tattoo is very close to my ars*ho*e! and if he wants a close look then I am more than happy to shove it in his face!' Tim sat back down to find Les Ferdinand grinning at him, the rest of the squad had erupted in laughter. Yes team spirit was on a high, the squad was enjoying each others company and this was all part of what Tim wanted to achieve,he wanted them to express themselves on and off the pitch, the early signs were promising, the only difficulty was coaxing young Erik Lamela, who didnt need a wonderful grasp of English, Tim knew that he was bitterly disapointed not to have been involved, Tim was sympathetic and ensured Erik that his day would come.

Tim spent quality time in the hotel with his coaching staff going over the finer aspects of the game, they couldnt help but laugh after seeing David Moyes post match referee rant, the fear and madness that Tim had suspected on meeting him in that corridor had come to fruition, his eyes looked a little mad, again he confided with his coaches his thoughts that David would always struggle while Sir Alex Ferguson cast such a large shadow over proceedings. After much debate regarding a potential first team for Saturday it was time to call it a day and head home. Tim said his goodbyes to his coaching staff (the players had long departed) and he had a nice long drive to go over all of the finer aspects of a great day,he enjoyed a quiet drink at home with his wife having a period of time not discussing or thinking about football was a welcome break from a mad day. Later on he got into bed and closed his eyes savouring again a satisfying win, he told himself that when he woke up the game would be forgotten as the next battle needed careful planning and he needed to focus,there was still much to be done.

Thursday came and Tim arrived at Spurs lodge nice and early, the squad was due to discuss the game and then go through a recovery session. Tim spent most of the day worrying about Emmanuel Adebayor and whether he would be fit for Saturday, he was also alarmed that some of the squad seemed to have let off even more steam on the night of the victory, there was too many blearey eyed players struggling to pay attention for his liking, the one good thing about Thursday was that he received positive news regarding Jan Vertonghen and Sandro they would be ready to train from next week and had a good chance of being ready for the Crystal Palace fixture.

Friday the squad trained in the morning and the plans for potential success over their North London rivals had been explained to the players. Tim had stressed the importance of focus and concentration and of working hard to try and complete a memorable week. The afternoon was all about the press conference where again Tim spoke of the efforts of the squad and of his desire for his squad to remain focused for a challenging FA cup tie.

And so Saturday came and once again Tim found himself standing before his players determined to say the right words to get the best out of his troops. Earlier that day Tim had resisted the temptation to headbutt the annoying Arsenal Mascot. The man in the ridculous green dinosaur costume had mimed punching him shortly after exiting the coach, he had also met Monsieur Wenger and noted the difference between him and David, Arsene had been very polite and had oozed confidence, Tim was not overawed but he respected Arsene Wenger for his achievements and obviously for how well and consistent his team had been. Tim was determined to beat him, if he pulled off a win here he would be exactly in the position that he had wanted to be in the day he had been confirmed as Head Coach by Daniel Levy, everything was geared to establishing himself and leaving Daniel with no option other than to back him.

The team was ready, tracksuit tops on, sitting on benches looking up expectantly at Tim........

'Lads you have done us all proud with your efforts over the Christmas Period!' It seems unfair of us to keep demanding more from you when you have already been excellent proffesionals and given us everything you have in the last few weeks' 'But life isnt fair and I must ask you all to give me and my coaching staff, the fans of this club another fuc*ing peformance today'. 'Wednesday was amazing but top sides only dwell on their achievements for five minutes before focusing on the next game whilst having a burning passion to prove themselves all over again'

Tim sat down facing his players the palms of his hands face down on the bench beside him.

'You all know what you have to do, what you have to give! go out and prove that you are not fuc*ing bothered by their cauldron of hate' 'Go and show them we are a team that fights for each other'

The signal was given and the squad of Tottenham Hotspur fc walked to the matchday tunnel ready to do battle and entertain the world in a famous FA Cup Third round Tie.

[-(

Once the game kicks off I'll be hoping for a win, anything else is impossible, but wouldn't be the end of the world if we lost. Anything but a win against Palace and I'll be ****ed off. No replay is all I ask and don't play anyone that's less than 100% fit.

Back