• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Watford***

Is she called .... ?

deeneymodo.jpg

I can confirm I am still extremely tinkled off with Sunday's second half meltdown...two weeks of scratching and biting and refusing to help the elderly across the road as i wallow in my sorrows....

And Liverpool next...the prospect of their front three ripping us a new crevice hole is likely to send me to an even darker place...

We will be up for Liverpool and on our game so I wouldn't worry, but it's exactly that which makes the result on Sunday all the more frustrating.

We weren't that bad but lots of players seemingly thought they could coast through the game. That's a crying shame after OT and the marker they laid down. To then come out and largely just do enough to get the result.... You cannot do that if you want to win the league.

One other thing no has mentioned is that whilst Watford were overall decent, that 10 minute spell from Watford was likely the best football they have played in their history and that made all the difference and seemed to shock our players who were seemingly determined to play in third gear throughout.

Not sure why Dembele was on his own in the middle and maybe this is why Dele played deeper than usual, which is where he plays his worse football. He should be right up top getting on the end of things. When he comes deep he constantly gives the ball away either by passing to the opposition or dallying around and getting tackled. And to concede from two set pieces with the defenders we had on the pitch is almost unforgivable and is arguably the worse aspect of Sunday's game.

So overall an average performance at best but that's really so frustrating to turn an average display in - if our aim is to win the league - when we should be bashing teams like this 0-4 like we have done to Watford away in recent times. Where was the swashbuckling Spurs from those performances?

The good news is Wanyama and Winks are seemingly on their way back to their best (certainly that appears to be the case for the latter) which makes me worry less about our CL place, when it appeared they were both out for the foreseeable future.

They always draw us back in with the darned hope. And why does Poch find it so hard to make subs before 70-ish minutes most games?
Something, something, upsetting the poor little petals who aren't mentally strong enough to cope with minor rejection.

Typical Spurs performance and result ! Whenever we have a chance to move to the top of the league, we always waste that chance ! And now we have blew away another chance like that yet again. After the erection inducing away win over ManU, it is annoying that we have went and lost to Watford for the first time in 14 matches since 1987. It seems like we didn't have the right mentality in this game. Maybe we were still celebrating the win over ManU and got complacent against Watford. More likely, all the players were too shocked or excited about playing Barcelona in CL that they couldn't concentrate against Watford.

Almost all our key players were poor in this match. Kane wasted one good chance to score and Moura wasted 2 chances while Alli should have scored from his header early in the match. Eriksen had 2 shots direct to the goalie while he also wasted a freekick late in the match. Was really annoyed Eriksen took the freekick instead of Trippier. After his brilliant goal from the freekick against Fulham, Trippier should be taking all our freekicks from now on. We didn't really create many chances. We badly missed the creativity of Lamela.

I think we lost this match in midfield. Pochettino made a blunder by not starting any defensive midfielder like Dier or Wanyama. We failed to control the midfield as Dembele had a poor match. We should have at least started Dembele with Winks in midfield. A bit worried about Dembele as he can't seem to be at his best nowadays. Maybe we should have played Sissoko in this match.

Our defence had a poor match and could have conceded more than the 2 goals. We should have started the same defence that started against ManU that is Vertonghen and Alderweireld who did well in that match. Instead, our defence became error-prone with Sanchez starting as well. Strangely, Alderweireld made many crucial errors. Also, with a statue as a goalie like Vorm, we were always going to concede a few goals. Vorm never seem to make any saves. Felt Vorm should have come and clear the crosses for both their goals.

Our failure to sign any players proved costly in this match. Our lack of squad depth means we had to bring on Llorente, Winks and Rose when we were badly looking for goals. It was a waste of time as all 3 rarely scores. We should have bought a reliable striker to call upon whenever Kane is having a bad match. We could have moved to top of the league if we had won by 3 goals. Instead we have now dropped to 5th place. Let's hope we will be back to our best against Liverpool next.

I personally felt we lost this game in the midfield. Dembele had too much to do. I was screaming at my tv for Jol to bring in Dier to help before Watford scored the first goal. Dele was poor and made a lot of poor decisions.

Two weeks of refusing to indulge in my wife's cooking...setting the dog on the postman, not calling my mother...taking ice creams off small children.

Thanks a lot spurs for that result...

Hope your proud of yourselves and take responsibility for my foul mood.

Back