• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Vitesse***

Difficult to give a clean slate to players who have failed under three managers (not including Mason - although they lost a cup final with him at the helm) and who, when things get tough, seem to down tools and blame their boss.

Winks, Dier, Dele and a few others have had their chances. Time to move them on to Villa, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Bournemouth or whoever will have them, and introduce some players who can actually take us forward.
If you go off some of the comments on this forum every player is good enough if they are given a new start. [emoji854]

It's shocking we aren't top of the league having scored 10 goals per game and conceded none.

A new manager with new ideas may well be able to get better performances out of some players but like you say it's an unwillingness to just accept reality, many of these players just aren't good enough or are unsuited to the roles they are being asked to play. So sure keep them all and nothing much will change.

If I can have only one wish going forward from this game, it is this: Can we please apply the same standards to _all_ our players, give them a fresh start, regardless of yesteryears.
Compare Winks to Skipp is apples vs pears, because one played in a flawed system in the premiership,the other in a free-flowing runaway at the top of the championship. Compare Dier to Romero on merit, not gut feeling. Compare Moura, Alli, Lo Celso and Ndombele on _what they do_ from now on, no what we think they have done.

I am so fudging sick and tired of the negativity surrounding certain players that it threatens to engulf even the most bright day on the Spurs sky for quite a while. I challenged a fellow spurs fan to say one positive thing Winks contributed to on thursday, but he failed to do so, bar saying that he had one good pass forward. Compared to what? Skipp? Højbjerg? Who had hardly one combined?

All we want is the same yardstick to be used for all players, history or no history. If you fudge it up now, that's on you. But let's begones be begones, the slate is clean. And if it is clean for _your_ favourite player, it is clean for mine!

aww, crap! I need to get me one of those alco-locks on my computer! I forgot about this drunken rant...

My (drunken) point stands, but I'll clarify a bit: Quite a few of our players could, and should move on either this window or the next summer window.
Mostly for their own good, both the club and the players will benefit from that.
But not all of them will be sold at the same time. And for the next two months they will still be here, regardless. All of them. And they will most likely play.

It should not be that hard to behave with decency for two months, should it?

I'll lay of the booze in return.

Back