• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Vitesse***

I see that the kid who ran on and got Kane's shirt and a cuddle from Hugo at full time had the shirt taken off him and was questioned by police after the game.

GOOD, that brick tinkles me off - his old man is sticking pics of him crying on twitter to get Kane to send the shirt to them again.

You're a hard man Sir. Kid was stood in front of me all match. Not a bit of bother. He was crying when he came back with the shirt (tears of joy, especially when the South Stand starting singing to him). If the players don't have a problem with him, call the security goons* off, invite him down the tunnel and give him a shirt why do the police need to get involved?

OK, I get you don't want to set a precedent and we don't want kids running on the pitch all the time ("Can I have yer shirt XYZ" signs seem to be de rigeur for every kid now) but 6 or 7 security frog-marching him off at the end was a bit much. A word with his Dad, a stern Club announcement for the next game, with warnings for future encroachments would have been enough. Let him have the shirt.

* On security, they seemed a lot keener to chase down a 10 year old than the Vitesse fan who'd run on earlier. Watching the guy who seemed to be in charge of our section where the kid got on, I think he was more worried about how the kid breached security on his watch and the possible questions he'd have to answer.

Last edited:
I must say, people were going on about how rubbish the standard of this competition will be - Regardless of our form, both Vitesse and Rennes have been impressive. Factor in the likes of Roma and Europa League dropouts, whilst not the tournament we want to be competing in it is not the complete non entity of a tournament some want to make it out to be....

The UEFA cup was always the toughest one to win when there were 3 competitions before, even though technically it was the junior one. I guess maybe this iteration is hungry young teams on their way up/going through a rebuild, rather than the decadent establishment

I must say, people were going on about how rubbish the standard of this competition will be - Regardless of our form, both Vitesse and Rennes have been impressive. Factor in the likes of Roma and Europa League dropouts, whilst not the tournament we want to be competing in it is not the complete non entity of a tournament some want to make it out to be....

Can you imagine our current lot going up against PSV or Ajax....lets be honest this is our level for now

The UEFA cup was always the toughest one to win when there were 3 competitions before, even though technically it was the junior one. I guess maybe this iteration is hungry young teams on their way up/going through a rebuild, rather than the decadent establishment
The UEFA Cup featured the 2nd place teams from the best leagues (and the lesser ones, of course), many of which were the title winners in the year they played in the UEFA Cup. There isn't a single team from the top 7 leagues in the ECL right now that is even in the top 3 in their league, much less a title contender. There is no comparison between the ECL and the UEFA Cup.

I do miss Toby and Jan. That year when we had the best defence at the old WHl. Was so nice to not have kittens very time a team attacked.
And in typical Spurs fashion it had to be the year Chelsea hired Conte who completely turned them around.

There isn't a single team from the top 7 leagues in the ECL right now that is even in the top 3 in their league, much less a title contender. There is no comparison between the ECL and the UEFA Cup.
Vitesse are 5th in Holland and were pretty good and we beat them last night in the ECL
Genk are 7th in Belgium and were pretty good and Wet Spam could not beat them last night in the Europa League. In their group they also have Rapid Wien who are 5th in the Austrian league and Dinamo Zagreb who are top of the Croats.

So it is a valid comparison

I have no idea about tactics, but it did look to me like our players receiving the ball in the center of the pitch had plenty of space on many occasions. The result of the wingbacks really providing width and creating more space in the middle?
I saw from my TV that the Defence line was more aggressive. pushed up higher quickly and stayed high for longer. Hence more options and possession in midfield. So forced other team back by sheer numbers (including wing backs) and also prevented other team from closing down at will.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

If I can have only one wish going forward from this game, it is this: Can we please apply the same standards to _all_ our players, give them a fresh start, regardless of yesteryears.
Compare Winks to Skipp is apples vs pears, because one played in a flawed system in the premiership,the other in a free-flowing runaway at the top of the championship. Compare Dier to Romero on merit, not gut feeling. Compare Moura, Alli, Lo Celso and Ndombele on _what they do_ from now on, no what we think they have done.

I am so fudging sick and tired of the negativity surrounding certain players that it threatens to engulf even the most bright day on the Spurs sky for quite a while. I challenged a fellow spurs fan to say one positive thing Winks contributed to on thursday, but he failed to do so, bar saying that he had one good pass forward. Compared to what? Skipp? Højbjerg? Who had hardly one combined?

All we want is the same yardstick to be used for all players, history or no history. If you fudge it up now, that's on you. But let's begones be begones, the slate is clean. And if it is clean for _your_ favourite player, it is clean for mine!

Yeah, looks like it. Still surprised to see both Højbjerg and Skipp starting.

In fairness PEH is not seen just that way by the national side...I think he is learning on the job so we will see some odd stuff but it will be organized.

Vitesse are 5th in Holland and were pretty good and we beat them last night in the ECL
Genk are 7th in Belgium and were pretty good and Wet Spam could not beat them last night in the Europa League. In their group they also have Rapid Wien who are 5th in the Austrian league and Dinamo Zagreb who are top of the Croats.

So it is a valid comparison
Well, that might say something about their leagues, but it doesn't say much about the competition. You can't compare a UEFA Cup where either Real or Barcelona, Juventus or Inter, [add English team here], Ajax or Feyenoord, Bayern or Hamburg, etc etc were the regular participants to one where the best you get out of the top leagues is... Mourinho's Roma.

If I can have only one wish going forward from this game, it is this: Can we please apply the same standards to _all_ our players, give them a fresh start, regardless of yesteryears.
Compare Winks to Skipp is apples vs pears, because one played in a flawed system in the premiership,the other in a free-flowing runaway at the top of the championship. Compare Dier to Romero on merit, not gut feeling. Compare Moura, Alli, Lo Celso and Ndombele on _what they do_ from now on, no what we think they have done.

I am so fudging sick and tired of the negativity surrounding certain players that it threatens to engulf even the most bright day on the Spurs sky for quite a while. I challenged a fellow spurs fan to say one positive thing Winks contributed to on thursday, but he failed to do so, bar saying that he had one good pass forward. Compared to what? Skipp? Højbjerg? Who had hardly one combined?

All we want is the same yardstick to be used for all players, history or no history. If you fudge it up now, that's on you. But let's begones be begones, the slate is clean. And if it is clean for _your_ favourite player, it is clean for mine!
We don1t have that effect, if a player turned his carrier around every one would chant his name. I can't trust Dier like he is a new player, I know his limitation and his brain flaws. If we have to give a chance give it to a promising player. let us forget about our past mistakes and make new mistakes.

Difficult to give a clean slate to players who have failed under three managers (not including Mason - although they lost a cup final with him at the helm) and who, when things get tough, seem to down tools and blame their boss.

Winks, Dier, Dele and a few others have had their chances. Time to move them on to Villa, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Bournemouth or whoever will have them, and introduce some players who can actually take us forward.

Back